Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral @ Noblesville

Cathedral 42, Noblesville 14.  Nice win for the Irish.  They need to cut down on the penalties and turnovers.  Two turnovers in the first half.

16 hours ago, Rodney said:

Cathedral by 35

You were close.  Noblesville scored in the last minute.  I like the new mercy rule.  The only drawback is that it limits the number of players the winning coach gets to play.

1 minute ago, Boilernation said:

Cathedral’s lines are very big. Completely controlled the game on both sides.  D line created a lot of opportunities for the LB’s and S to come up and make clean hits. 

Probably the biggest DL the Irish have had in years, maybe ever.  In previous years, speed was the big factor in the DL.  Now it seems clogging the middle is being addressed.

Lots of youth on the offensive line.  The OL opened up some huge holes for the runners and held up nicely in pass protection.

Now it's on to Cincinnati and Moeller next week.

A couple of observations from last night.  First off Noblesville's punter was outstanding!  7 punts for a 50.3 average!  He flipped the field more than once.

Secondly, I had never seen a game at Noblesville in all my years of watching Cathedral football,  and I was impressed with the facility and the hospitality of everyone there.

And lastly, I saw something last night for the first time.  In my 65 years of Cathedral football, I had not seen a female official until last night.  Hats off to her for a fine job, in fact the entire crew was very acceptable.