Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Highest Scoring Game in State History?

Anybody have research on this?

West Lafayette and Lafayette played a basketball game on grass tonight...

74-66 Jeff.  That’s 140 points...28 more than they combined against one another last winter in basketball!

The New Pal/Snider state game comes to mind but even it falls short.

Some Stats:

WL's Kyle Adams 45-61, 554 yards, 7 TD; LJ's Grimes 19-29, 404 yards, 2 TD; LJ's Marquis Munoz 197 rush yds, 6 total TD

Embarrassing or amazing?  You decide...

Edited by Guest

47 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East vs Evansville Reitz was like 62-61 for a Regional Title back in like 2008... was a crazy scene 

Especially considering Reitz won on the final play with a 2-point conversion. By the way, it was actually 61-60. Then Reitz won state two weeks later. One of the four or five times since 2004 I thought a state title slipped through our grasp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

74-66 Jeff.  That’s 140 points...28 more than they combined against one another last winter in basketball!

Some Stats:

WL's Kyle Adams 45-61, 554 yards, 7 TD; LJ's Grimes 19-29, 404 yards, 2 TD; LJ's Marquis Munoz 197 rush yds, 6 total TD

Most Points Scored 2 Teams
161 - Perry Meridian 83 and Decatur Central 78

just recently posted on GID by Coach Nowlin. 

2013 was the year.

• Like 1

Last year, Bluffton beat Jay County 63-62 after stopping a two-point conversion with no time on the clock.

I remember hearing about a regional game years ago where the final score was something like 67-66 in four or five overtimes. Can't remember the teams involved in it.

Athletes all over the field on those two teams, both run a rabbit pace up tempo style on both sides of spread zone/midlines/air raid   

Both extremely well coached, but man the pace of those two teams play at consistently is more the issue of the shootout score.   Fun to be a part of course I am an offensive guy!!!

Coach Cronk and Roseman will have fun telling that games story 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Back in 2005, Warren Central hosted East Saint Louis in their Gridiron Classic. The Warriors and Flyers played an insane game, with WC winning 70-50 in a shootout.

Two years ago, Ben Davis and Warren Central had a shootout at Warrior Stadium. The Warriors won by one point, 35-34.

47 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Two years ago, Ben Davis and Warren Central had a shootout at Warrior Stadium. The Warriors won by one point, 35-34.

Wow!!!!  69 TOTAL points???  Nuts!!!

54 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Has this thread confused you? We are talking high scoring games. Not scores in the 30’s. 

7 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Wow!!!!  69 TOTAL points???  Nuts!!!

Haha you beat me to it, best part about this is the 69!!! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Nope. Just some good old fashioned Warren Central football games.

OOOOOK..... You did know Warren Twp. Is not the center of the universe, right? (insert east side joke here). I was referencing ALL the scores in this thread!

8 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

OOOOOK..... You did know Warren Twp. Is not the center of the universe, right? (insert east side joke here). I was referencing ALL the scores in this thread!

Oops. My bad. I forgot this is thread on high scoring football games from around the State. I am obsessed with Warren Central. But on occasions, I will talk about other topics.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, Temptation said:

Some Stats:

More basketball on grass in Tippecanoe County--love it!

On 8/24/2019 at 6:04 AM, Olympian06 said:

Columbus East vs Evansville Reitz was like 62-61 for a Regional Title back in like 2008... was a crazy scene 

TGD was there live posting updates on the forum pre-Twitter. I roamed the Reitz and CE sidelines. Lots of good folks in orange. I missed out on my pizza though. 

• Like 1