Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

19 hours ago, Scottish_Warrior said:

Would like to give a shout out to the Argylls for making some improvements. It’s nice that the D held Tipton under 20. The offensive scheme will continue to be the Achilles heal. Now with Lugar out Eastern will be an even tougher game. For me Marion did not look like a top four team. I was at this game. With everything Eastbrook lost and Marion’s team speed it should have been over at halftime. However a selfish QB and running back (JK) make for a cancer on the O. Could rant more about them but this is a CIC group. Eastbrook likely ends up fourth in the CIC behind ole miss, Alexandria, and Blackford however if MG can add some passing to get ALL their skilled players involved they could possibly sneak into that fourth spot. We shall see how it plays out. Coach T. I’m riding with you so make it happen. #All_IN

I’ll have whatever he’s smoking!

• Like 1

You are right should of won 2014 but mistakes where made. Not sure what this has to do with him throwing marion under the bus and praising MG who just came off a loss to one of the weaker Tipton teams in a LONG time!

Many interesting ideas in all the above posts. 

I give Eastbrook a big nod as usual. They have tradition and dedication. Confidence on the ability to get the job done. Coach Adamson and staff push about all the right buttons. Starting with Marion and Delta only help their chances in the conference and post season as long as they don't suffer injuries.

I think Mississnewa has just enough extra boys to fill some spots in a football line-up that the bottom 6 teams in the conference can't fill.

Ill wait to make any comments on Oak Hill, Alex, MG, Frankton and Elwood.

As per my Bruins ... We will improve. Right now we have 2 glaring weaknesses that I'm not going to be guilty of giving everybody a scouting report here even though any real football fan will notice by the end of the 1st quarter. The question is ... Can the coaches get this fixed in the next 2 weeks before the conference openers?

i am heartsick to confirm that we only have 1 combined team. I remember when we had a combined team at Montpelier and 30 or more in both 7th and 8th grade class as at Hartford City when we had 2 middle schools.

sad to see other conference teams have same problems.

12 hours ago, OldBruin said:

Many interesting ideas in all the above posts. 

I give Eastbrook a big nod as usual. They have tradition and dedication. Confidence on the ability to get the job done. Coach Adamson and staff push about all the right buttons. Starting with Marion and Delta only help their chances in the conference and post season as long as they don't suffer injuries.

I think Mississnewa has just enough extra boys to fill some spots in a football line-up that the bottom 6 teams in the conference can't fill.

Ill wait to make any comments on Oak Hill, Alex, MG, Frankton and Elwood.

As per my Bruins ... We will improve. Right now we have 2 glaring weaknesses that I'm not going to be guilty of giving everybody a scouting report here even though any real football fan will notice by the end of the 1st quarter. The question is ... Can the coaches get this fixed in the next 2 weeks before the conference openers?

i am heartsick to confirm that we only have 1 combined team. I remember when we had a combined team at Montpelier and 30 or more in both 7th and 8th grade class as at Hartford City when we had 2 middle schools.

sad to see other conference teams have same problems.

As a middle school coach at Elwood I am curious as to how many have combined middle school teams? We will be combined with 24 kids between both grades. 

looking forward to see MG for myself Friday night. I have watched them practice but was unable to get to Tipton. Nice to see some good chatter about MG on here. I think they are moving in the right direction but probably will be a middle a of the pack team this year. While they do drop to 1A, their sectional is a tough one. That being said if they can stay healthy and build some second half stamina, through in a PAP every now and then, its possible they could make some noise in the sectional. Good things ahead for MG. GO ARGYLLS!!

5 hours ago, jwilson239 said:

As a middle school coach at Elwood I am curious as to how many have combined middle school teams? We will be combined with 24 kids between both grades. 

I believe Alexandria was at 40 and Frankto was around the same.

On 8/28/2019 at 8:29 PM, captainobvious said:

On 8/28/2019 at 8:29 PM, captainobvious said:

What I am smoking lmao. You said Eastbrook wins the CIC. Let’s be honest about who the smoker is. Second for you clowns that can’t keep up I didn’t say anything what so ever about Alexandria winning the CIC just said it’s possible for them to be a top three team. Based on how other teams look. Especially Eastbrook I mean I hate to say anything negative about the panthers and coach adamson is a miracle worker over there. And if they can beat ole miss and Blackford this year it will be a miracle.

• Sit and spin 1

Big night tonight for the CIC. a couple of statement games to just see how good the teams are. Delta team is very good, Eastbrook will have their hands full. Ole Miss will win easy. interested to see how Alex does against Wabash. And since Blackford will finish second in the CIC they should handle SW, right @Scottish_Warrior? Maybe starters only play first half? Rooting for MG but heard they have a important kid hurt, but hopefully they can pull it off. Elwood, Frankton, Oak Hill are all going to have tough nights but they are playing some tough teams.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:24 PM, GV5 said:

You are right should of won 2014 but mistakes where made. Not sure what this has to do with him throwing marion under the bus and praising MG who just came off a loss to one of the weaker Tipton teams in a LONG time!

I praised MG (smaller school) because they held a Tipton (larger school) team to 19 points it has been a long time since MG played any kind of D. I wouldn’t say I threw Marion (much larger school) under the bus but they let a not so good Eastbrook team (smaller school) hang with them for to long. Like I said we shall see how it plays out. No need for all the butt hurtness gentleman it’s only week 2 and MG proved they still can’t play D. See I just call it how I see it. I don’t have a dog in the fight I am just a fan of the CIC and just pray that coach Turner can turn the argylls around. That said...

1. Ole Miss

2. Blackford

3. Alexandria

4. ?

5. ? 

6. ? 

7. ?

8  Elwood

I think it’s a crap shoot for 4th through 7th based on injuries and who wants it more. If it comes down to coaching Eastbrook takes fourth easily. Hope all enjoyed their respective games tonight and everyone’s team made it out injury free. 

4 minutes ago, Scottish_Warrior said:

I praised MG (smaller school) because they held a Tipton (larger school) team to 19 points it has been a long time since MG played any kind of D. I wouldn’t say I threw Marion (much larger school) under the bus but they let a not so good Eastbrook team (smaller school) hang with them for to long. Like I said we shall see how it plays out. No need for all the butt hurtness gentleman it’s only week 2 and MG proved they still can’t play D. See I just call it how I see it. I don’t have a dog in the fight I am just a fan of the CIC and just pray that coach Turner can turn the argylls around. That said...

1. Ole Miss

2. Blackford

3. Alexandria

4. ?

5. ? 

6. ? 

7. ?

8  Elwood

I think it’s a crap shoot for 4th through 7th based on injuries and who wants it more. If it comes down to coaching Eastbrook takes fourth easily. Hope all enjoyed their respective games tonight and everyone’s team made it out injury free. 

Hey idiot, are you even taking into account who these opponents are?

1. Ole Miss

2. Blackford

3. Alexandria

4. ?

5. ? 

6. ? 

7. ?

8  Elwood

Hey idiot, are you even taking into account who these opponents are?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scottish_Warrior said:

1. Ole Miss

2. Blackford

3. Alexandria

4. ?

5. ? 

6. ? 

7. ?

8  Elwood

Didn’t Blackford get beat by a “smaller school” in week one? 

51 minutes ago, Scottish_Warrior said:

Well seems like my peace pipe is pretty accurate. Idk. And for those that raved over Marion going to Lucas oil they had a long ride home tonight. 🤯

They played the #10 team in the state a 6A team, with arguably the best QB in the state. I don’t remember anybody saying Marion would go to Indy and win tonight. 

16 minutes ago, panther10 said:

They played the #10 team in the state a 6A team, with arguably the best QB in the state. I don’t remember anybody saying Marion would go to Indy and win tonight. 

Your buddy captobvious said they would play at Lucas oil, I feel like that’s in Indy. Oh and Marion played the 40th ranked overall team in the state and Marion is ranked 11th over all. And yes Monroe central is smaller than Blackford but ranked 104 over all and 7th in their class and Blackford is ranked 132nd I don’t know maybe my math is different than yours. So I’d say that Marion is a tad bit overrated and that blackford lost to a good smaller school that based on rankings they should have lost to. I got my info from max preps.  I like the fact that in a year the entire CIC is down the fandom is out of control. I love the passion teams need community backing it makes the program stronger. Once  again everyone chill it’s only week two. Let’s see how it plays out. And hope all the players from all teams stay healthy. Let their play do the talking. 

44 minutes ago, Scottish_Warrior said:

Lmao I got called an idiot by the guy who only got 4 right in his pick em’s lmao. Bless your little heart. 😘😘😘

Madison Grant finally has a season where they have more than 13 players and this genius decides to grace everyone with his words of wisdom.  I think I have you figured out already.  Either you are an ex player from the 08 season that did nothing more than sit the bench and wash Randy’s car for him on Saturday after film or this is Donald Trump trolling the CIC thread.  Not every team gets a chance to play powerhouse teams like Eastern.  Besides, isn’t your Trac phone out of data?  Maybe it’s time for you to hang it up?  I like the sugarbritches thing, I may just change my screen name over to that.  Just let the season play out and we’ll see how close my predictions are.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scottish_Warrior said:

Your buddy captobvious said they would play at Lucas oil, I feel like that’s in Indy. Oh and Marion played the 40th ranked overall team in the state and Marion is ranked 11th over all. And yes Monroe central is smaller than Blackford but ranked 104 over all and 7th in their class and Blackford is ranked 132nd I don’t know maybe my math is different than yours. So I’d say that Marion is a tad bit overrated and that blackford lost to a good smaller school that based on rankings they should have lost to. I got my info from max preps.  I like the fact that in a year the entire CIC is down the fandom is out of control. I love the passion teams need community backing it makes the program stronger. Once  again everyone chill it’s only week two. Let’s see how it plays out. And hope all the players from all teams stay healthy. Let their play do the talking. 

It will be hard to let play do the talking, when you won’t stop running around flapper!  What the heck is an Argyle anyway?

2 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Madison Grant finally has a season where they have more than 13 players and this genius decides to grace everyone with his words of wisdom.  I think I have you figured out already.  Either you are an ex player from the 08 season that did nothing more than sit the bench and wash Randy’s car for him on Saturday after film or this is Donald Trump trolling the CIC thread.  Not every team gets a chance to play powerhouse teams like Eastern.  Besides, isn’t your Trac phone out of data?  Maybe it’s time for you to hang it up?  I like the sugarbritches thing, I may just change my screen name over to that.  Just let the season play out and we’ll see how close my predictions are.  

Lol I love the fact that everyone you try to be a keyboard bully your ignorance just shines through. So let’s see you predicted Eastbrook wins the CIC and Marion makes it to lucas oil 👍🏽Well will see

10 minutes ago, Scottish_Warrior said:

It will be hard to let play do the talking, when you won’t stop running your flapper!  What the heck is an Argyle anyway?

Lol I love the fact that everyone you try to be a keyboard bully your ignorance just shines through. So let’s see you predicted Eastbrook wins the CIC and Marion makes it to lucas oil 👍🏽Well will see

Who’s the keyboard bully?  Really!!!  Yes, we will see.

Edited by captainobvious