Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Week 1 Thoughts

So week one is in the books and we have at least a little more info to work off of.  Thoughts and questions from week 1.

Is Central for real with that impressive win.    I gotta watch 46 game of the week on YouTube to check them out.

We knew Valpo was gonna be good but Wow!  Took it to Penn.  I’m sure the Kingsmen will rebound.

Jimtown hoping for a big year.  Northwood obviously is a top notch opponent.  A two TD loss, was it a closer game than the score?  Anyone have any info on this game?

I think the Glenn folks have elevated expectations for the season.  It’s only week one, lots of games left to play.

I expected Adams to show up and win this game.  Putting up 34 sounded about right but giving up 35 a little surprising.

Cavemen thumped Portage.  I guess they reload instead of rebuild over in Mishawaka.  Defense was supposed to be solid with returning starters everywhere, but putting up 42 pts was an impressive surprise with all those graduation losses.

NP rolled against a down LaPorte team.  Offense looked pretty good as expected but the defense was the real story.  Wasn’t sure was how things would look on that side of the ball.  I know that LaPorte had some kids suspended but NP defense got a game under their belts and hopefully can continue to improve.