Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 2 in the MIC/HCC

Last week wasn't pretty as I went 7-4 in my MIC/HCC predictions.  Certainly I will overreact based on last week's results and make some more poor picks.

Avon @ Ben Davis

The Giants killed themselves with a slow start and multiple penalties on Friday night against Brownsburg but looked better in the second half.  Avon, on the other hand, jumped on Columbus North early and never let go.  I see another HCC win here but the O's will be tested much more than they were last week.  Avon wins 31-27.

Brownsburg @ Cincinnati St. Xavier (OH)

I'll be completely transparent in saying that I voted the 'Dogs #1 this week.  Hopefully they have more success than the team ranked #1 last week did against an out of state power.  Brownsburg's talent is easy to spot and as I stated in another thread, despite all of that talent, I thought transfer Preston Terrell was the best player on the field.  From a brief amount of research, X is just out of Ohio's top ten and has just a couple of D1 prospects.  I could be WAY off here, but I am going homer.  Brownsburg wins 24-20.

Fishers @ Pike

I doubted the Tigers last week and Pike hanging with Zionsville is promising.  I think that Fishers wins this one fairly comfortably 23-10.

Franklin Central @ Roncalli

Two MORE surprises last week as FC rocked Decatur Central and Roncalli was beaten soundly by Southport.  I could see this one going either way but give me the Rebels 20-16.

Hamilton Southeastern @ North Central (Indy)

Predicted BOTH of these teams wrong last week as HSE beat LC soundly and NC was stonewalled by Fishers.  It's too early to make a judgment call about whether or not both are heading in opposite directions or it was just a bad night.  I'll go with NC to bounce back 24-21.

Lafayette Jeff @ Lawrence Central

I keep waiting on LC to breakthrough under Rodenbush and am wondering if it will ever happen.  Jeff can light up the scoreboard and I think they come down I-65 and make another statement.  Bronchos win 38-30.

Louisville Trinity (KY) @ Warren Central

The road team has won the last two here and as much as I'd like to be wrong, Trinity's domination of Carmel last week makes me nervous for the Warriors.  They capitalized on CG's turnovers and will need to force some more as their offense is a work in progress.  I think this one is also fairly close but gimme the Rocks 27-17.

Marion @ Lawrence North

A very underrated contest as 4A favorite Marion travels to Indy to take on up and coming Lawrence North.  I think I pegged the wrong Lawrence township school as the one making strides.  I will go with LN 34-21.

New Palestine @ Center Grove

This game received more comments on this board last fall than any other regular season game on the schedule.  One hopes that we are lucky enough to see a Steele/Spegal matchup in arguably a dual of the best two RB's in Indiana.  CG uncharacteristically turned the ball over last week (credit to Warren) in dropping a game they should have probably won.  Moore's teams seem to get better each week and you better believe they've had this one circled on the calendar for a while now.  I am going to go with CG here 30-24.  (I was way wrong on this one last year and apparently haven't learned my lesson.)

Noblesville @ Carmel

Tough two-week stretch out of the gate for the Millers as they take on traditional powers Cathedral and Carmel.  They are getting a Carmel team that was embarrassed and had a long bus ride to reflect upon it last week.  I'll take the 'Hounds 38-14.

Perry Meridian @ Southport

A tale of two games for the south side rivals last week.  I think the Cards are the better team here.  Southport wins 28-13.

Westfield @ Decatur Central

The Hawks (like Carmel) were beaten soundly last week and get a chance to avenge the loss in their home opener.  This one is a tough call but give me Westfield to come in and get it done 27-23.

Zionsville @ Lebanon

Lebanon runs into two juggernauts in consecutive weeks to start the season.  The Eagles cruise.  41-10.

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Good stuff.  Are you going to post your record from the previous week and keep a running total?

That’s the plan!  What percentage should I be shooting for, lol?

10 hours ago, Temptation said:

Last week wasn't pretty as I went 7-4 in my MIC/HCC predictions.  Certainly I will overreact based on last week's results and make some more poor picks.

Avon @ Ben Davis

The Giants killed themselves with a slow start and multiple penalties on Friday night against Brownsburg but looked better in the second half.  Avon, on the other hand, jumped on Columbus North early and never let go.  I see another HCC win here but the O's will be tested much more than they were last week.  Avon wins 31-27.

I'll be completely transparent in saying that I voted the 'Dogs #1 this week.  Hopefully they have more success than the team ranked #1 last week did against an out of state power.  Brownsburg's talent is easy to spot and as I stated in another thread, despite all of that talent, I thought transfer Preston Terrell was the best player on the field.  From a brief amount of research, X is just out of Ohio's top ten and has just a couple of D1 prospects.  I could be WAY off here, but I am going homer.  Brownsburg wins 24-20.

Fishers @ Pike

I doubted the Tigers last week and Pike hanging with Zionsville is promising.  I think that Fishers wins this one fairly comfortably 23-10.

Two MORE surprises last week as FC rocked Decatur Central and Roncalli was beaten soundly by Southport.  I could see this one going either way but give me the Rebels 20-16.

Predicted BOTH of these teams wrong last week as HSE beat LC soundly and NC was stonewalled by Fishers.  It's too early to make a judgment call about whether or not both are heading in opposite directions or it was just a bad night.  I'll go with NC to bounce back 24-21.

I keep waiting on LC to breakthrough under Rodenbush and am wondering if it will ever happen.  Jeff can light up the scoreboard and I think they come down I-65 and make another statement.  Bronchos win 38-30.

The road team has won the last two here and as much as I'd like to be wrong, Trinity's domination of Carmel last week makes me nervous for the Warriors.  They capitalized on CG's turnovers and will need to force some more as their offense is a work in progress.  I think this one is also fairly close but gimme the Rocks 27-17.

Marion @ Lawrence North

A very underrated contest as 4A favorite Marion travels to Indy to take on up and coming Lawrence North.  I think I pegged the wrong Lawrence township school as the one making strides.  I will go with LN 34-21.

This game received more comments on this board last fall than any other regular season game on the schedule.  One hopes that we are lucky enough to see a Steele/Spegal matchup in arguably a dual of the best two RB's in Indiana.  CG uncharacteristically turned the ball over last week (credit to Warren) in dropping a game they should have probably won.  Moore's teams seem to get better each week and you better believe they've had this one circled on the calendar for a while now.  I am going to go with CG here 30-24.  (I was way wrong on this one last year and apparently haven't learned my lesson.)

Noblesville @ Carmel

Tough two-week stretch out of the gate for the Millers as they take on traditional powers Cathedral and Carmel.  They are getting a Carmel team that was embarrassed and had a long bus ride to reflect upon it last week.  I'll take the 'Hounds 38-14.

A tale of two games for the south side rivals last week.  I think the Cards are the better team here.  Southport wins 28-13.

The Hawks (like Carmel) were beaten soundly last week and get a chance to avenge the loss in their home opener.  This one is a tough call but give me Westfield to come in and get it done 27-23.

Zionsville @ Lebanon

Lebanon runs into two juggernauts in consecutive weeks to start the season.  The Eagles cruise.  41-10.

BD 31, Avon 28

St. X 35, Brownsburg 21

Fishers 24, Pike 7

Franklin Central 34, Roncalli 30

HSE 21, NC 14

LC 35, LJ 31

Trinity 28, Warren 14

LN 35, Marion 21

CG 28, New Pal 21

Carmel 42, Noblesville 7

Southport 42, Perry 7

Decatur 34, Westfield 27

Zionsville 28, Lebanon 14

On 8/26/2019 at 8:57 AM, Temptation said:

Avon @ Ben Davis

Fishers @ Pike

Marion @ Lawrence North

Noblesville @ Carmel

Zionsville @ Lebanon

You don't think Warren and Trinity will play a 3rd consecutive 42-41 game? 😂 (I hope the winner doesn't get into the 40s because Warren has no shot if it does) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

You don't think Warren and Trinity will play a 3rd consecutive 42-41 game? 😂 (I hope the winner doesn't get into the 40s because Warren has no shot if it does) 

Warren would need to find some offense FAST.  They’ll get better each week.

41 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Meant to add that unfortunately their schedule doesn’t allow a lot of time for them to “break in” a new QB slowly.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:12 AM, Temptation said:

This is probably a good year in the MIC to break in a new QB. Not that it's easy, but it's probably more manageable than it is most years. At least that's kind of what week 1 showed. 

I suspect North Central and LC are better than their week 1 performances would suggest but getting them early (ish) will benefit Warren as well. 

I think it'll be a year in the MIC where the conference as a whole doesn't look good early but as the season progresses, so will the teams. 

As for the games themselves:

-I think BD bounces back vs Avon

-St. X is a tough place to play, so I'll take them in a close one over Brownsburg

-Fishers rolls over Pike

-Roncalli over FC

-HSE over North Central in a close one

-Jeff over LC

-Trinity over Warren (which pains me bc I don't ever remember going into a game thinking Warren will definitely lose but I hope I'm wrong)

-LN over Marion

-CG over New Pal (if Steele plays, New Pal wins if he doesn't)

-Carmel over Noblesville

-Southport over Perry

-Westfield over Decatur Central

-Zville over Lebanon

Interested to see how Marion does against LN. We played Marion last week and they are really good, i don't think they will win but i think it will be a good game. Then again i don't know much about those teams around Indy, all i do know is they have some really good talent. Been hearing on the radio in Grant County all week on how good the QB is from LN, is he the best Quarterback around the area?

2 hours ago, panther10 said:

Interested to see how Marion does against LN. We played Marion last week and they are really good, i don't think they will win but i think it will be a good game. Then again i don't know much about those teams around Indy, all i do know is they have some really good talent. Been hearing on the radio in Grant County all week on how good the QB is from LN, is he the best Quarterback around the area?

He’s up there.  We will see for sure when LN hits the meat of their schedule...

9 hours ago, panther10 said:

He's a special player.