Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 2

Good morning and hello to all of my Wabash River Conference friends. Week 1 results were somewhat predictable. I think the Parke Heritage Wolfs might be the best team in class A this year. Brian Moore has his magic working again. Then I think South Vermillion will be the other best team in the WRC. It looks like Attica and North Vermillion are fighting for the third and fourth spots. 

Games this week:

Clinton Prairie at Attica

Parke Heritage at Covington

North Vermillion at South Vermillion

Benton Central at Seeger

Riverton Parke at Fountain Central

I

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Good morning and hello to all of my Wabash River Conference friends. Week 1 results were somewhat predictable. I think the Parke Heritage Wolfs might be the best team in class A this year. Brian Moore has his magic working again. Then I think South Vermillion will be the other best team in the WRC. It looks like Attica and North Vermillion are fighting for the third and fourth spots. 

Games this week:

Benton Central at Seeger

That should say Attica, Covington, and North Vermillion playing for 3 and 4th place. The word is that this might be the best Covington team in recent memory. They nearly beat a loaded South Vermillion squad on Friday. It took all the visor power of the Wildcat coaches combined to stave off the Trojan comeback. Brown at QB is the most dangerous weapon in the WRC this year. 

I wouldn’t say the wolves are best in 1A....IM not convinced we are the best in our own conference yet.  Do I think they probably have the best 4 receivers as a whole in 1A, absolutely.  

1. #22 Anthony Wood had his coming out party vs Seeger,  Crull made a tremendous catch while fighting the corner for possession, Petrillo was quiet but had a huge catch and was tripped up on the 1 yd line and a 40 yard punt return. Johnson was Johnson, he is a playmaker. 

2. Logan White was 25-28, Crull dropped a wide open touchdown and Petrillo dropped a wide open screen, he threw ONE bad ball all night over the middle that was deflected and could have been intercepted. He ran the ball well on a few possessions as well. 

3. Pass protection was perfect as we had as much time as we wanted to let the pass plays develop, but Seeger was bigger and stronger up front and for the most part stuffed our run game pretty easily but our athletes couldn’t be matched last week. 

4. The wolves kicked onside the first 6 kickoffs, recovered 2, and had the opportunity to recover at least 2 more. I loved it! Not sure you can do that against north vermillion.

5. The defense played better than it has all last season in my opinion. Our corners seem to get beat deep but thankfully Seeger couldn’t complete the open passes. Number 60 for the wolves Quentin Hanks is an absolute stud. Was a former tennis player. Very impressed with him on the defensive line. 

6. With 52 kids on the roster, the Wolves are 80% two platoon. 

My picks 

-Clinton Prairie 28-14 ???

- PH 56-14 (brown gets loose and scores 2 TD’s) 

-NV 42-12 Garzolini won’t be able to pick apart NV if he couldn’t do it vs the Trojans and NV is still the WRC fav. 

-Seeger 21-7 (Seeger rebounds and with the line they have they shit down BC) 

-RP 21-14 might be the best game of the week in the WRC.  If Riverton runs away from Smith and keeps the ball off the ground, they could pull off a W! 

What did NV faithful think about their game? 

3 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I

That should say Attica, Covington, and North Vermillion playing for 3 and 4th place. The word is that this might be the best Covington team in recent memory. They nearly beat a loaded South Vermillion squad on Friday. It took all the visor power of the Wildcat coaches combined to stave off the Trojan comeback. Brown at QB is the most dangerous weapon in the WRC this year. 

I don’t think the Wildcats are even remotely close to loaded. But yes, if Brown gets loose consistently, he can single handle outscore anyone. 

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Games this week:

Benton Central at Seeger

My picks:

Clinton Prairie 26, Attica 19

Parke Heritage 34, Covington 14

North Vermillion 29, South Vermillion 13

Seeger 26, Benton Central 13

Fountain Central 35, Riverton Parke 6

Edited by RedwoodCowTippers

48 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

3. Pass protection was perfect as we had as much time as we wanted to let the pass plays develop, but Seeger was bigger and stronger up front and for the most part stuffed our run game pretty easily but our athletes couldn’t be matched last week. 

That should be the case all season. The wolfs have athletes all over the field and a hall of fame coach. They are already talking about rings in Rockville and Marshall. They are really excited and they should be. Easily the favorite to win the WRC this year.

55 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

-Seeger 21-7 (Seeger rebounds and with the line they have they shit down BC

I don't think Herb King will let that happen. He has way too much class for that. The only shitting that will be done by Seeger is in Herb's yard after Patriot wins.

2 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

That should be the case all season. The wolfs have athletes all over the field and a hall of fame coach. They are already talking about rings in Rockville and Marshall. They are really excited and they should be. Easily the favorite to win the WRC this year.

Just sounds like bulletin board material for  everyone else to me. 

2 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I’ll be honest. I clicked on this thread because I seen your picture and was wondering if you figured out how good goal post cameras are lol 😉😉😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I've been tough on Coach Moore in this thread.  However, sounds as though you have a love affair.  They do have the best athletes, but not sure they have the best football players.  Same could be said about last year.   

If I'm starting a team in the WRC, give me the Brown kid from Covington.   Speed at a level of football when many don't.   Reminds me some of B. Woodard, QB from NV a few years back.  

46 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

I've been tough on Coach Moore in this thread.  However, sounds as though you have a love affair.  They do have the best athletes, but not sure they have the best football players.  Same could be said about last year.   

If I'm starting a team in the WRC, give me the Brown kid from Covington.   Speed at a level of football when many don't.   Reminds me some of B. Woodard, QB from NV a few years back.  

I think his lateral quickness is a better than  Woodards but Woodard is twice the thickness as Brown. 

Can brown throw at all? 

18 hours ago, Reb08 said:

I've been tough on Coach Moore in this thread.  However, sounds as though you have a love affair. 

Brian Moore was karate chopping down trees with his bare hands when you were still in pampers sir.

On the Mount Rushmore of WRC coaches there are only two faces, Brian Moore, Herb King, and Rick Malone. 

Come back at me when you've won 200 games.

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Brian Moore was karate chopping down trees with his bare hands when you were still in pampers sir.

On the Mount Rushmore of WRC coaches there are only two faces, Brian Moore, Herb King, and Rick Malone. 

Dale Hummers was on the WRC Mount Rushmores before those 2 were head coaches. I swear to God he was and I’ll say it right to your face. I gotta go 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Two faces but three names?????

3 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Any changes in rankings? Where do we see rankings?

Updated WRC Power Rankings:

1. Parke Heritage Wolfs

2. South Vermillion Wildcats

3. 3-way tie- Attica Red Ramblers, Covington Trojans, North Vermillion Falcons

4. 3-way tie- Attica Red Ramblers, Covington Trojans, North Vermillion Falcons

5. 3-way tie- Attica Red Ramblers, Covington Trojans, North Vermillion Falcons

6. Seeger Patriots

7. Fountain Central Mustangs

8. Riverton Parke Panthers

Fine. I will add a third face to the WRC Mount Rushmore of football coaches. Dale Hummer will join Brian Moore, Herb King, and Rick Malone.

I was in Rockville this morning and the word at the Jailhouse Cafe was that the Wolfs defense is significantly improved from last year.

I was in Eugene yesterday to pick up a pie at the Covered Bridge restaurant and the word on the street is that the Falcons were slinging the ball around the yard last Friday. Passed more than they ran?

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:09 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

Updated WRC Power Rankings:

1. Parke Heritage Wolfs

2. South Vermillion Wildcats

3. 3-way tie- Attica Red Ramblers, Covington Trojans, North Vermillion Falcons

4. 3-way tie- Attica Red Ramblers, Covington Trojans, North Vermillion Falcons

5. 3-way tie- Attica Red Ramblers, Covington Trojans, North Vermillion Falcons

6. Seeger Patriots

7. Fountain Central Mustangs

8. Riverton Parke Panthers

Parke Heritage  WOLVES