Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 2

On 8/26/2019 at 8:57 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

Good morning and hello to all of my Wabash River Conference friends. Week 1 results were somewhat predictable. I think the Parke Heritage Wolfs might be the best team in class A this year. Brian Moore has his magic working again. Then I think South Vermillion will be the other best team in the WRC. It looks like Attica and North Vermillion are fighting for the third and fourth spots. 

Games this week:

Clinton Prairie at Attica

Parke Heritage at Covington

North Vermillion at South Vermillion

Benton Central at Seeger

Riverton Parke at Fountain Central

Clinton Prairie @ Attica  -     Many on here spoke of the potential demise of Attica this year.  They always put a decent product on the field.   Ramblers 28 -12

PH @ Covington -   Brown shakes loose for a couple TD's.   However,  PH 48 - 14

NV @ SV -  Should be a good one.  Gritty senior group for NV that understands how to win.  Will give them edge in this one.  34 -18

Benton Central @ Seeger-  Seeger 28-7.  It doesn't really matter.  Ugly football. 

RP @ FC-  FC gets well with a win over the Panthers.   48 - 8 

On 8/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, Oldbleacherfan said:

I wouldn’t say the wolves are best in 1A....IM not convinced we are the best in our own conference yet.  Do I think they probably have the best 4 receivers as a whole in 1A, absolutely.  

1. #22 Anthony Wood had his coming out party vs Seeger,  Crull made a tremendous catch while fighting the corner for possession, Petrillo was quiet but had a huge catch and was tripped up on the 1 yd line and a 40 yard punt return. Johnson was Johnson, he is a playmaker. 

2. Logan White was 25-28, Crull dropped a wide open touchdown and Petrillo dropped a wide open screen, he threw ONE bad ball all night over the middle that was deflected and could have been intercepted. He ran the ball well on a few possessions as well. 

3. Pass protection was perfect as we had as much time as we wanted to let the pass plays develop, but Seeger was bigger and stronger up front and for the most part stuffed our run game pretty easily but our athletes couldn’t be matched last week. 

4. The wolves kicked onside the first 6 kickoffs, recovered 2, and had the opportunity to recover at least 2 more. I loved it! Not sure you can do that against north vermillion.

5. The defense played better than it has all last season in my opinion. Our corners seem to get beat deep but thankfully Seeger couldn’t complete the open passes. Number 60 for the wolves Quentin Hanks is an absolute stud. Was a former tennis player. Very impressed with him on the defensive line. 

6. With 52 kids on the roster, the Wolves are 80% two platoon. 

My picks 

-Clinton Prairie 28-14 ???

- PH 56-14 (brown gets loose and scores 2 TD’s) 

-NV 42-12 Garzolini won’t be able to pick apart NV if he couldn’t do it vs the Trojans and NV is still the WRC fav. 

-Seeger 21-7 (Seeger rebounds and with the line they have they shit down BC) 

-RP 21-14 might be the best game of the week in the WRC.  If Riverton runs away from Smith and keeps the ball off the ground, they could pull off a W! 

What did NV faithful think about their game? 

I don’t think the Wildcats are even remotely close to loaded. But yes, if Brown gets loose consistently, he can single handle outscore anyone. 

OV was out of shape and NV came out fast and took advantage.

Ellis was accurate. Reynolds was quick and tough. West, N. Myers, Cook, Edney all showed good hands. Missing Kilgores breakaway speed but good reads and good hands made a big difference.

O-line is still jelling, but got the job done. This week they will be better.

Defense was getting pressure and only gave up 1 big play.

Alot of seniors that show experience in reading what offense is doing. Disciplined.

Little and Reynolds are tough at LB.

That's what I saw anyway

Thats an interesting concept. Last time I checked Webster's dictionary the plural of Wolf was wolves. But I guess the dictionary is wrong.

Also I guess at the spirit wear gear they are selling with the word Wolves will need to be sent back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Only if you have a functioning brain

I would guess yours isn't functioning properly.  Maybe John Harrell has the team name wrong or even the school itself (which i have relatives attending), AND I am pretty sure the shirt they bought me to wear has printed on it that they are the WOLVES not wolfs.  But hey if you want to change the Websters dictionary pronunciation and also pay for the change of the name on the schools uniforms and everything else. You go right ahead.

59 minutes ago, bearmo said:

Thats an interesting concept. Last time I checked Webster's dictionary the plural of Wolf was wolves. But I guess the dictionary is wrong.

Also I guess at the spirit wear gear they are selling with the word Wolves will need to be sent back.

Sure the spirit wear gear brought to you by the same people who spelled "Rocks" as "Rox". Are you surprised that they don't know how to spell? No, I'm certain it's "Wolfs" not "Wolves". 

21 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

I would guess yours isn't functioning properly.  Maybe John Harrell has the team name wrong or even the school itself (which i have relatives attending), AND I am pretty sure the shirt they bought me to wear has printed on it that they are the WOLVES not wolfs.  But hey if you want to change the Websters dictionary pronunciation and also pay for the change of the name on the schools uniforms and everything else. You go right ahead.

Sure the spirit wear gear brought to you by the same people who spelled "Rocks" as "Rox". Are you surprised that they don't know how to spell? John Harrell's website also spelled "Rocks" as "Rox". No, I'm certain it's "Wolfs" not "Wolves". Don't be an idiot.

Edited by Tanka Jahari
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Sure the spirit wear gear brought to you by the same people who spelled "Rocks" as "Rox". Are you surprised that they don't know how to spell? No, I'm certain it's "Wolfs" not "Wolves". 

Do yourself a favor and do some fact checking or better yet take a poll on the GID of who thinks "WOLFS" is correct.  WOW i am absolutely amazed at your lack of command of  the English language. Even further do some research and see just how many shcools there are out there who use the mascot "WOLVES"   

5 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

Do yourself a favor and do some fact checking or better yet take a poll on the GID of who thinks "WOLFS" is correct.  WOW i am absolutely amazed at your lack of command of  the English language. Even further do some research and see just how many shcools there are out there who use the mascot "WOLVES"   

You played for the Rox. I'm not surprised by your lack of command of the English language. I think you should file suit against the school corporation for making you so naive with their spelling of "Rox". I think the Wolfs is an awesome mascot.

Edited by Tanka Jahari
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tanka Jahari said:

You played for the Rox. I'm not surprised by your lack of command of the English language. I think you should file suit against the school corporation for making you so naive with their spelling of "Rox". I think the Wolfs is an awesome mascot.

Who said I played for Rockville??   What is amazing is that everyone else in the world pronounces the plural of Wolf as Wolves except you.  So they are all wrong and you are right.  Very interesting. 

John Bagnall
John Bagnall, Wordsmith & occasional lecturer on media writing skills.
Answered May 2, 2018 · Author has 497 answers and 2.7m answer views

The plural of “wolf” is “wolves”. The same way of forming the plural applies to many other words that end, when singular, with an “f”. But it’s most certainly NOT a universal rule. There are a great many other English words ending in “f”, commonplace as well as esoteric, to which you simply need to add an “s” to form the plural. Roof/roofs, reef/reefs, proof/proofs, coif/coifs, turf/turfs, brief/briefs, chief/chiefs, and so on.

5 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

Who said I played for Rockville??   What is amazing is that everyone else in the world pronounces the plural of Wolf as Wolves except you.  So they are all wrong and you are right.  Very interesting. 

John Bagnall
John Bagnall, Wordsmith & occasional lecturer on media writing skills.
Answered May 2, 2018 · Author has 497 answers and 2.7m answer views

The plural of “wolf” is “wolves”. The same way of forming the plural applies to many other words that end, when singular, with an “f”. But it’s most certainly NOT a universal rule. There are a great many other English words ending in “f”, commonplace as well as esoteric, to which you simply need to add an “s” to form the plural. Roof/roofs, reef/reefs, proof/proofs, coif/coifs, turf/turfs, brief/briefs, chief/chiefs, and so on.

I guess Wolfs barbeque in Evansville is wrong on their spelling too. https://www.wolfsbarbq.com/

I guess Wolfs Homemade Candies in the WRC's very own Attica is wrong on their spelling too. https://wolfschocolate.com/

I can look things up on the internet too. Just admit that you are wrong and I'll let it go. It's Parke Heritage Wolfs.

GO TO THE SCHOOLS WEBSITE IDIOT  ITS WOLVES  AND IT IS THE CORRECT PRONUNCIATION.  THE OTHER BUSINESSES YOU LISTED ARE PROPER NAMES THAT CAN HAVE ANY SPELLING   

Image result for PARKE HERITAGE WOLVES

27 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I guess Wolfs barbeque in Evansville is wrong on their spelling too. https://www.wolfsbarbq.com/

I guess Wolfs Homemade Candies in the WRC's very own Attica is wrong on their spelling too. https://wolfschocolate.com/

I can look things up on the internet too. Just admit that you are wrong and I'll let it go. It's Parke Heritage Wolfs.

28 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

13 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

GO TO THE SCHOOLS WEBSITE IDIOT  ITS WOLVES  AND IT IS THE CORRECT PRONUNCIATION.  THE OTHER BUSINESSES YOU LISTED ARE PROPER NAMES THAT CAN HAVE ANY SPELLING   

OMG! I can't believe Parke Heritage misspelled Wolfs on all of their gear and on their school crest. Just like they did with Rocks when they were Rockville. Idiot.

rockvillerox.jpeg

rox.jpeg

Edited by Tanka Jahari

6 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

OMG! I can't believe Parke Heritage misspelled Wolfs on all of their gear and on their school crest. Just like they did with Rocks when they were Rockville. Idiot.

rockvillerox.jpeg

rox.jpeg

Image result for minnesota timberwolves

2 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Just admit that people from Rockville don't know how to spell and then I will stop proving you wrong. We can let this whole thing die.

Image result for wolves teams

3 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Just admit that people from Rockville don't know how to spell and then I will stop proving you wrong. We can let this whole thing die.

4 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said: