Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southridge vs Jasper - One Last Ride

So much history between these two teams, although history shows Jasper has dominated forever, it is always one of the best atmospheres in High School Football. I look for this atmosphere to continue this Friday as this inner-county rival plays it's final game against each other - Since Jasper will be joining the SIAC in 2020.

One last battle for the Golden Goalposts!

I hope we can put some points up on a 1st string offense this week. It would have been 70 to nothing had Memorial kept their starters in. Hopefully with a loss like last week and this being the last meeting with SR we can put something together. I know SR has their woes too with a new QB and some turners against Linton, but they were still able to battle back to win. Should be a good game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cat02 said:

I hope we can put some points up on a 1st string offense this week. It would have been 70 to nothing had Memorial kept their starters in. Hopefully with a loss like last week and this being the last meeting with SR we can put something together. I know SR has their woes too with a new QB and some turners against Linton, but they were still able to battle back to win. Should be a good game. 

I think this will be a really close game again. Probably push late into the 4th. Jasper is definitely looking to rebound and get their season on track....and southridge is always looking to improve.

the one thing that has always impressed me with southridge is that they seemingly only get stronger as the year goes on.  Sure most teams do but it’s as if their running game is like an old Power Rb who picks up steam as the game goes on

A lot of excitement heading into 2020 with joining the SIAC. Unfortunately and sadly, this longtime rivalry is one of the casualties. Jasper was picked to lose last season and ended up dominating SR. I think the Raiders will take the final matchup.

• Sit and spin 1

Even thought the Raiders have more often than not been on the wrong side of this battle, I hate  to see this rivalry end.  Lots of great games, and some bad ones too.  But one thing was for sure, both team benefited financially from this game and i think SR found out real quick what works and what doesn't.  Hopefully the Raiders can bring the GP trophy home!

3 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Looks like Southridge got a new permanent trophy.

People keep saying this but I wouldn't put any money on Lincoln and Jasper staying in the long term. A team like Jasper that has had only 1 losing season and 1 .500 season since 1955 might not take it to well if they struggle in the SIAC. 

Jasper has had 15 losses from beginning  of the 2016 through week 2 of the 2019 season that equals their total losses the previous 8 seasons combined, If this was Jasper pre-2016  I would have no question they would succeed in the SIAC but they have struggled a bit recently. I'm sure they will right the ship its a proud successful program  but if they had a couple of losing seasons would they look for other options ??

Not sure I agree with this Dave. 

I don’t think AD’s take a conference switch lightly, so a 2nd switch in short order would seem very unlikely. Especially when you consider neither Jasper or Vincennes would have many other options at that point. The PAC is in the midst of redoing every school’s schedule in all sports due to adding 4 teams. Not sure they’d be excited to add 2 more schools in short order, especially if those schools didn’t show much loyalty to their new conference. 

Much more likely, imo, the SIAC eventually adds 2 more schools, goes to divisions in football, and thus opens schedules to non-conference games again.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bcaster said:

Not sure I agree with this Dave. 

I don’t think AD’s take a conference switch lightly, so a 2nd switch in short order would seem very unlikely. Especially when you consider neither Jasper or Vincennes would have many other options at that point. The PAC is in the midst of redoing every school’s schedule in all sports due to adding 4 teams. Not sure they’d be excited to add 2 more schools in short order, especially if those schools didn’t show much loyalty to their new conference. 

Much more likely, imo, the SIAC eventually adds 2 more schools, goes to divisions in football, and thus opens schedules to non-conference games again.

You're probably right I just cant imagine Jasper and Southridge never playing again but SIAC  adding 2 more teams is more likely scenario for series resumption. 

I hope Heritage Hills can eventually find a way to get Jasper back on the schedule because its almost always a great game and regardless of who looks better on paper the game is more times then not a defensive battle. Week four wont be the same without playing Jasper.

Congrats to Southridge  on the win. Good gamem  but not the way I wanted it to go. Too much Calvert at the end. Good luck in the rest your season. I wish SR and HH would stay in the schedule, but I don't see this happening. The biggest school we play in the regular season is Boonville, everyone else is 3A. I think we need to play 5A and more 4A schools to get the feel of the tournament and better competition. At least we still a big rival game with Vincennes. 

• Like 2