Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Week # 2

Well looking at these there is some that appear to be no brainers, and a few toss ups.

Riley should and will win big. 

Central looks to be real deal and wins big.

Jimtown should win, maybe close one.

Penn should make LaPorte 0-2 against NIC this year, and get back to their winning ways.

Mishawaka looked like they didn't miss a beat last week and this one could show they are still legit team. I'll take them with the win.

Marian has no reason to think this will be a game, Marian big?

Adams with an out of state game. Don't know enough about GlenOak to guess, just know Adams has a big time QB and another offensive player in #6 whos really good. They should keep games close all year.

New Prairie and nothing else to say.

St Joe and Northridge should be a good one and a total guess who wins this one. Go with SJ to focus and Northridge to have a little hangover from their Goalline stop to win last week.

Some good games on tap for this week and some mercy rules ones also. 

34 minutes ago, Indian72 said:
Friday, Aug. 30
Bremen at Riley ©, 7 pm Riley 36-17
Central at Goshen, 7:30 pm Central 45-7
Jimtown at Washington ©, 7 pm Jimtown 23-20
LaPorte at Penn, 7:30 pm Penn 49-13
Mishawaka at East Noble, 7 pm Cavemen 35-21
Marian at Glenn ©, 7 pm Marian 36-21
Adams at GlenOak (Ohio), 7:30 pm No clue
Clay at New Prairie, 7:30 pm 63-0 NP
St. Joseph at Northridge, 7 pm Northridge 28-24

Edited by MarshallCounty

You may be right,but teams improve most from week 1 to week 2.

6 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

@MarshallCounty after seeing Bremen in week 1, they might not score a TD against Riley, let alone 17. They have a lot of work to do!!

2 hours ago, Indian72 said:
Friday, Aug. 30
Bremen at Riley ©, 7 pm Riley 36-17
Central at Goshen, 7:30 pm Central 45-7
Jimtown at Washington ©, 7 pm Jimtown 23-20
LaPorte at Penn, 7:30 pm Penn 49-13
Mishawaka at East Noble, 7 pm Cavemen 35-21
Marian at Glenn ©, 7 pm Marian 36-21
Adams at GlenOak (Ohio), 7:30 pm No clue
Clay at New Prairie, 7:30 pm 63-0 NP
St. Joseph at Northridge, 7 pm Northridge 28-24

Bremen has a lot of holes to fill and the coaching staff knows that.

They are working with a sophomore at QB, who has difficulty throwing the football.  The Bennitt kid came in during the second half to play QB, but we didn't see much from him.

Coach Leeper and the staff will keep the Lions working to get better.  You can believe that!

Riley

Central

Jimtown

Penn

Mishawaka

Adams v. GlenOak (This is GlenOak HS opener - They are located in Canton, Ohio).

New Prairie

Northridge

5 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

I thought Clay dropped down into the Small School Division??  Why are they playing NP if that’s the case.  

I think Glenn might surprise Marian this week....might not win but play them tough.

What did you see with Glenn to think they will compete with Marian?

5 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I just saw the score from Friday, but what is the vibe around the Riley program?

Great question, could they compete for conference and better yet a sectional?

Great to see some NIC chatter on here.

I’m going with:

Riley over Bremen

Central over Goshen (looked good on 46 game of the week  maybe the hype is justified)

Jimtown over Washington fairly easily I think

Penn will shutout LaPorte

Mishawaka over East Noble

Marian over Glenn

Adams who knows?

NP over Clay

Northridge over St Joe. 

36 minutes ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

Great question, could they compete for conference and better yet a sectional?

Based solely on what I saw last year the answer is no and no.  I think Jimtown is going to win the NIC south.  I think they  have been waiting for this year. We will see if it pans out for them.  I think the sectional is just too tough for the Wildcats to pull it out.  That being said, they did hang with pretty well with Mishawaka last year in the sectional semis.

Bremen at Riley ©, 7 pm  Rileys D-Line Luuga/Lee cause too many problems for Bremen to handle. Riley takes this  36-7
Central at Goshen, 7:30 pm Central dominates 42-6. Goshen could barely handle a struggling Fairfield
Jimtown at Washington ©, 7 pm Jimtown  gouges an undisciplined defense 42-7, could be wrong, but I’m typically right. Stammich suffers his first real loss.
LaPorte at Penn, 7:30 pm Penn shows some signs of life and takes this one for Granger at home 30-0
Mishawaka at East Noble, 7 pm Mishawaka clubs there way past Noble by 21 Interior LBs are solid
Marian at Glenn ©, 7 pm This could be a trap game for Marian. Hard to say on this one.  Clay practically gave them the ball inside the 25 the entire night This one will depend  on Marian’s QB play. Word from the Tri-County area is that Glenn battled hard and needs to clean up their special teams which cost them 2 Returns for TDs.  Toss Up in my opinion don’t get bent out of shape.
Adams at GlenOak (Ohio), 7:30 pm The battle of the Eagles. If Ira can get going early Adams clips the golden eagles  wings 35-20. GlenOak 1-9 last year.
Clay at New Prairie, 7:30 pm. Oh Dear 63-0 last year? Get your dollar popcorn early this ones over in the first 6 minutes. clay spends their night trying to patch the gapping holes in their D.New Prairie subs their JV by 2nd quarter. 6?-0??
St. Joseph at Northridge, 7 Hail Marys won’t work in this one. Northridge takes this one at home 40-21

What is your take on Penn getting beat up by Valpo?  Surprised?

NP should send their starters home by half f not sooner since I see no way Clay D can stop their QB - you don't want to lose key people in a mis-match

Central looks like they could have something this year - but the tough part is coming up

Hard to gauge teams on one week based on what people are saying, newspaper, media - see what transpires this week - ex.  I thought SJ would run the ball more with Driscoll and they threw something like 35 times

Can someone tell me why so many high school teams throw the fade when crossing and the post are almost always open?

16 hours ago, johnny U said:

If Saint Joseph continues to rack up multiple unsportmanlike  penalties, doesn't matter if Driscoll runs the ball of they throw 35 times.  

What is the deal with this?

Wasn't this an issue last year, too?

Are these a few star players or is it a team-wide issue?

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

18 hours ago, johnny U said:

If Saint Joseph continues to rack up multiple unsportmanlike  penalties, doesn't matter if Driscoll runs the ball of they throw 35 times.  

Totally agree with you and the one individual I would sit until he stops the antics and shuts the mouth but that will not happen

16 hours ago, PennBall_Wizard said:

I won't be surprised if Penn starts 1-3 or even 1-4.

Not sure how tough the Ill. school will be.  St X another story if they are up to their usual standard

28 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Totally agree with you and the one individual I would sit until he stops the antics and shuts the mouth but that will not happen  I agree with you, it was one(1) play who almost single-handedly lost the game for Saint Joseph and I won't name names.

Not sure how tough the Ill. school will be.  St X another story if they are up to their usual standard

20 minutes ago, johnny U said:

Totally agree with you and the one individual I would sit until he stops the antics and shuts the mouth but that will not happen  I agree with you, it was one(1) play who almost single-handedly lost the game for Saint Joseph and I won't name names.

Now I'm gonna have to watch the Broadcastsport.net replay of the game to see who you guys are talking about.  😮

14 hours ago, NPFan said:

Now I'm gonna have to watch the Broadcastsport.net replay of the game to see who you guys are talking about.  😮

the same person who play D last year that just cannot be quiet and does not always stop when the whistle blows - no discipline

not sure how many flags he got last year