Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Games involving Hoosier North Athletic Conference this Friday?

Have any thoughts, picks, or rants . . .  now's your chance!

Friday, Aug. 30
Caston at North Judson ©, 7:30 pm
Culver at South Central, 7:30 pm
Knox at Rochester, 7:30 pm
Pioneer at Winamac ©, 7 pm
Triton at LaVille ©, 7 pm

3 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Friday, Aug. 30

This week will be interesting. 

Id say Caston is more improved this year then last but still have a long way to go. Ill say NJ 38.. Caston 12. 

Culver had quite a few turnovers last week against the Jays. South Central made a nice comeback against Triton but missed a field goal? To win it. Culver should fix the turnover issues and ride King, Stevens and Dittmire. I think Culver wins 33-14. 

Knox is big, pretty athletic and has some good playmakers. In the scrimmage Rochester didn't look very good and had a tough time stopping the pass. Short, McIntire and #37 are gonna eat. Rochester still doesn't have Jackson yet. Knox 48. Rochester 6.

Triton almost blew their decent size lead against SC. LaVille has tons of playmakers. Watts, Doyle, Dill, Pope, battchelor? And Czarnecki. Triton had some guys back but had to replace a lot. I really like the McIntyre kid and the other Shumphert. Im still taking the Lancers. LaVille 34. Triton 13. 

Pioneer and Winamac.

They lost Jack Kiser, Danny Gregorich and Connor Walker. Three studs. They lost some other quality kids too. Im sure Ezra and Addai will continue to carry some of the load and im sure as the season goes along Von Toble will look better and better at QB. Wireman is another nice weapon in the backfield. Mersch at WR and James at TE will do fine in expanded roles. The offensive line took some major blows with Schnuraple and Gaumer going down then lost Beckley last game. Heard Schurnaple is done for the year, hope Gaumer and Beckley can be ok for this week. They'll still work the kinks out as will Winamac but the Panthers backfield is too explosive. Ill say 35-6..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Friday, Aug. 30

JAYS

SCUM

KNOX

PANTHERS

LANCERS

Friday, Aug. 30
Caston at North Judson - Gotta admit the Jays surprised me with their offensive output last Friday!  In light of that I have to think they'll handle the Comets pretty easily even though Caston will put some points on the board.  North Judson 42-13
Culver at South Central - Ditmire got his 200 last week in the loss and he'll get another 200 this week.  But I don't  know if the Culver D will be good enough to stop the Satellites.  I'm going to guess the Cavs will shore up some things on the defensive side of the ball this week.  I'm taking them to make it another HNAC victory over our neighbors to the Northwest.  Culver 33-22
Knox at Rochester - The Zebras have been no pushover the last two years.  In fact, didn't they beat the Redskins last year?  Why yes, yes they did!  Won't happen this year.  Knox by a couple.  Knox 21-7
Pioneer at Winamac - Pioneer will get back to their dominating, shut out ways.  Pioneer 54-0
Triton at LaVille - I watched the LaVille / Bremen game on the Lancer YouTube Network and came away more disappointed with Bremen than sold on LaVille.  But I still think LaVille is going to be a solid contender for the HNAC title and the Sectional 34 crown.  Triton did some good things against South Central offensively, but allowed the Satellites 24 points in the last 8 minutes to let them back in it.  The Lancers will be too much for the Trojans.  LaVille 35-16

16 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Friday, Aug. 30
Caston at North Judson - Gotta admit the Jays surprised me with their offensive output last Friday!  In light of that I have to think they'll handle the Comets pretty easily even though Caston will put some points on the board.  North Judson 42-13
Culver at South Central - Ditmire got his 200 last week in the loss and he'll get another 200 this week.  But I don't  know if the Culver D will be good enough to stop the Satellites.  I'm going to guess the Cavs will shore up some things on the defensive side of the ball this week.  I'm taking them to make it another HNAC victory over our neighbors to the Northwest.  Culver 33-22
Knox at Rochester - The Zebras have been no pushover the last two years.  In fact, didn't they beat the Redskins last year?  Why yes, yes they did!  Won't happen this year.  Knox by a couple.  Knox 21-7
Pioneer at Winamac - Pioneer will get back to their dominating, shut out ways.  Pioneer 54-0
Triton at LaVille - I watched the LaVille / Bremen game on the Lancer YouTube Network and came away more disappointed with Bremen than sold on LaVille.  But I still think LaVille is going to be a solid contender for the HNAC title and the Sectional 34 crown.  Triton did some good things against South Central offensively, but allowed the Satellites 24 points in the last 8 minutes to let them back in it.  The Lancers will be too much for the Trojans.  LaVille 35-16

Id be really shocked if Rochester stayed within 2 tds of Knox.

Rochester looked bad against us. They didn't really stop us at any point in the scrimmage. 

2 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Scrimmages mean nothing.   Nice to get work in but I'd never judge a teams value by just one scrimmage.   Could have had half team missing.  

They didn't have half their team missing. They had 1 of their starters out in Jackson and if I remember right won't play against Knox either. 

Rochester is supposed to be down and they certainly looked like it when i saw them

Positive news from Warrior land. Junior Patrick Kiefer will be going back to school tomorrow and will be at the game friday. They originally thought he wouldnt get back to school till mid September and wouldn't be able to attend games till a tad bit later. 

On 8/26/2019 at 3:11 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Friday, Aug. 30

Caston & Judson: Caston lost a starting offensive Lineman to an ACL tear and it will be tough seeing as Judson has a good defensive line. But Judson doesn’t have a DB that can match up to Schanlaub. It should be a really good game. Caston 30-28

Culver & SC: Ditmire had 35 carries!! I think as long as they continue to give him the ball the keep winning. They gotta fix the turnover issue though. Culver 35-21

Knox & Rochester: Isaiah Jackson being out hurts Rochester and Knox having a ton of momentum I think they roll the Zebras. Knox 33-18

Pioneer & Winamac: If Winamac can shake out of what ever funk they were in they should score but if they play like they did last week Pioneer shuts them out. Pioneer 48-0

LaVille &  Triton: Still don’t know much about Triton, but everything I’ve heard is that they should have lost last Friday. I heard LaVille doesn’t look like last year but still played well. LaVille 38-18

Friday, Aug. 30

Caston & Judson: Caston lost a starting offensive Lineman to an ACL tear and it will be tough seeing as Judson has a good defensive line. But Judson doesn’t have a DB that can match up to Schanlaub. It should be a really good game. Caston 30-28

Culver & SC: Ditmire had 35 carries!! I think as long as they continue to give him the ball they keep winning. They gotta fix the turnover issue though. Culver 35-21

Knox & Rochester: Isaiah Jackson being out hurts Rochester and Knox having a ton of momentum I think they roll the Zebras. Knox 33-18

Pioneer & Winamac: If Winamac can shake out of what ever funk they were in they should score but if they play like they did last week Pioneer shuts them out. Pioneer 48-0

LaVille &  Triton: Still don’t know much about Triton, but everything I’ve heard is that they should have lost last Friday. I heard LaVille doesn’t look like last year but still played well. LaVille 38-18

1 hour ago, Douglas65 said:

Culver & SC: Ditmire had 35 carries!! I think as long as they continue to give him the ball they keep winning. They gotta fix the turnover issue though. Culver 35-21

I'm not sure Triton should have lost last week.  They were picked to lose by several people, but ended up playing a great 3 1/2 quarters.  I felt we subbed in too early and had poor clock management in the last 8 minutes that lead to the comeback.  If our defense plays well like they have, I think it may be a close game.  Laville is still probably a favorite though.  For the rest it will be Judson, Culver, Knox, and Pioneer.

• Like 1

Friday, Aug. 30

Caston at North Judson - It should be an interesting match up for the Jays as Caston will spread them out and historically the Jays pass defense has been poor. I still think they'll roll Caston - Jays 40-12.

Culver at South Central - Culver will continue to run the ball and control the clock. They'll clean up the turnover issue and come out on top - Culver 30-22.

Knox at Rochester - Knox will dominate from start to finish. Rochester is down this year, but will play physical - Knox 40-6.

Pioneer at Winamac - Not much to say about this one. A loss for Pioneer week one means nothing.. they played a very talented Cass team and will be ready for the tournament. I think the loss may have lit a spark for Pioneer - Pioneer 56-6.

Triton at Laville - A rivalry for the two schools and Triton come ready to play. Laville has talent across the board and fly around.. I don't think Triton will be able to match up to Laville's talent - Laville 40-18.

18 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Great news!

Thanks for sharing. 

Best to Patrick

As always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

Yes! Its great news. I saw him last week at his grandparents house and spoke to him for about an hour. He seems in really good spirits...still hopeful he gets all or some vision in the left eye. 

• Like 1

Caston at North Judson - It seems like no one plays good at Judson, especially the Comets.  Judson 42-21.

Culver at South Central - Culver’s run game will do it’s thing and clean-up mistakes from last week and win but there will be points put up by both teams.  Culver 35-28.

Knox at Rochester - Knox will spank the stripes right off the Zebras this week.  Knox 38-6.

Pioneer at Winamac - Let’s see if Pioneer can put together a complete game in week 2.  Even if they don’t, they still win big.  Pioneer 48-6.

Triton at Laville - Heated rivalry, neither team likes each other, this is going to be a slobber knocker!!   Triton is still letting the ball fly,  just as much as last year.  But like last year, LaVille’s defense is way to much for the Trojans to handle.  Triton will score, LaVille might be looking past them to their week 3 victory over Pioneer.  Laville 42-8.

Edited by SteelCurtain88
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 2:11 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Friday, Aug. 30

I can't see Judson losing this one so I'll go Judson 34- comets 9

Culver bounces back this week for sure 28-10 cavs

Winamac looked in shambles last week so pioneer will win this BIG 62-0

Knox got pushed around last year by zebra's but wont happen this year.   34- 6 Redskins 

Laville makes statement with 1st conference game 42-12

On paper, all of the games should be ho hum. 

If Culver hangs on to the ball, they win going away. Culver big over SC

Knox has no problem with Rochester this year. Knox big over Rochester

LV has to focus on the team in front of them. As long as that happens then LV wins. LaVille big over Triton

The HNAC could see it's first 2 mercy rule games this week.

Pioneer makes a statement after week 1. Pioneer mercy rules Winamac

NJ just too much for Caston. Judson mercy rules Caston

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

I can't see Judson losing this one so I'll go Judson 34- comets 9

Culver bounces back this week for sure 28-10 cavs

Winamac looked in shambles last week so pioneer will win this BIG 62-0

Knox got pushed around last year by zebra's but wont happen this year.   34- 6 Redskins 

Laville makes statement with 1st conference game 42-12

In Shambles?

Knox had 2 more first downs, 103 more yards and was up 13-0 at half. 

That big catch by McIntire was helped by the fact fox fell over his own two feet. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

Look I'm not trying to rip any kids or effort but right now the winamac program needs a change.     They are heading down wrong path and to not see it is being homer blind.    And what's the excuse on the 2 forth quarter Knox td passes.   All those kids fall?   I dont even think winamac got past knox 45 yard line all night.   

40 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Look I'm not trying to rip any kids or effort but right now the winamac program needs a change.     They are heading down wrong path and to not see it is being homer blind.    And what's the excuse on the 2 forth quarter Knox td passes.   All those kids fall?   I dont even think winamac got past knox 45 yard line all night.   

Needs a change?

The class of 18 won 2 games in middle school (both in 7th grade)

The class of 19 won 1 game in middle school (7th grade)

The class of 20 didn't win a single game. 

most fans realized these last 3 seasons were coming and would be much different from '12-'16. .. And they are. 

They won 4 games in 17. (Would be 5 but AD messed up paper work on kid... Who went down and back on kick off twice and possibly a 6th but Rogers missed the LaVille game.)

They won 5 games in 18. 

This season they should beat North White, West Central and Caston. Theyve got good chances against North Judson, Culver and Triton. 

They start 5 sophomores on offense, 3 of those kids plus two more sophomores start on defense.  They are an extremely young team currently. Theyll return 8 starters on offense next year and 8 on defense too. 

Im also almost certain that the McIntire catch led to a TD in the 2nd half. 

Again. If Winamac was in shambles, they would have been outgained by more than 103 yards and Knox would have 10 or 11 more first downs then Winamac instead of only 2 more. 

Winamac at this point is in much better shape then they were a year ago. 

Winamac's year to beat Knox will come in 2021.

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

9 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Needs a change?

most fans realized these last 3 seasons were coming and would be much different from '12-'16. .. And they are. 

They won 4 games in 17. (Would be 5 but AD messed up paper work on kid... Who went down and back on kick off twice and possibly a 6th but Rogers missed the LaVille game.)

They won 5 games in 18. 

This season they should beat North White, West Central and Caston. Theyve got good chances against North Judson, Culver and Triton. 

They start 5 sophomores on offense, 3 of those kids plus two more sophomores start on defense.  They are an extremely young team currently. Theyll return 8 starters on offense next year and 8 on defense too. 

Again. If Winamac was in shambles, they would have been outgained by more than 103 yards and Knox would have 10 or 11 more first downs then Winamac instead of only 2 more. 

The catch you are referring to was in 1st half.   And when I say shambles I just mean by the number of kids they have.   It's going to be a hard year with team that small and little depth.    Hopefully in coming years they get alot more kids to come out.    Just looks to be trending down more and more every year to me.  

9 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Needs a change?

They won 5 games in 18. 

The catch you are referring to was in 1st half.   And when I say shambles I just mean by the number of kids they have.   It's going to be a hard year with team that small and little depth.    Hopefully in coming years they get alot more kids to come out.    Just looks to be trending down more and more every year to me.  

11 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Needs a change?

They won 5 games in 18. 

It’s a good thing this isn’t 2021 isn’t it. It’s 2019 

• Thanks 2

Friday, Aug. 30

From an individual standpoint, I'm curious who you thought had great week 1 performances and will impact the game week 2? I'm curious to see how Laville's Kolby Watts plays this week along with Andrew Dill.