Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

When is Dwenger's True Home Opener?

40 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Awesome - would like some BD fans to give their thoughts

Well, until the Bishop Dwenger fans catch up, you can view some of the stadium by watching last Friday's game -VS.- Fort Wayne North Side; captured by summitcitysports.com on YouTube   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqcci-XUZPc

Overall it was great. The atmosphere was electric. Maybe a little too much so as the Saints took about a quarter and a half to settle in. 

Everything seems to be functional, but there is still a little work to do. Construction fences are still up, and I'm not sure but it didn't look like the walkway to the visitors side is finished. 

I thought parking would be tight, and it was. I was lucky to find one campus at 6:10. It looked like the elementary school was full and I could see people parking at the strip mall. I don't know if the strip mall is "approved" parking or how full it was. It's going to be crazy when Homestead shows up.

I've heard that temporary seating will be set up on the visitors side. It will be needed for Homestead and Carroll.

7 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

Seems like a tight area. Heard alot of people not going to the game were unhappy with the traffic on St Joe center. Nice looking field happy dwenger finally has their own place. 

The traffic on St. Joe center is a mess because of the major city project.  Down to one lane. New side walks, storm run off and new curbs and asphalt. 

18 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

Well, until the Bishop Dwenger fans catch up, you can view some of the stadium by watching last Friday's game -VS.- Fort Wayne North Side; captured by summitcitysports.com on YouTube   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqcci-XUZPc

A lot of the Dwenger fans are not on here anymore. If you have not noticed the numbers seem down from all schools. It is the new security for the GID. a lot don't want to mess with it. 

10 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

The traffic on St. Joe center is a mess because of the major city project.  Down to one lane. New side walks, storm run off and new curbs and asphalt. 

Also the traffic after the game was heavy because the Snider game was done about 10 minutes before ours. That traffic goes passed Dwenger. The traffic before game time was your normal Friday rush hour. People parking at Washington square are the tailgaters who want to Drink. Sad but true. 

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

Also the traffic after the game was heavy because the Snider game was done about 10 minutes before ours. That traffic goes passed Dwenger. The traffic before game time was your normal Friday rush hour. People parking at Washington square are the tailgaters who want to Drink. Sad but true. 

Makes sense haven't been up that way in awhile