Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Charlie Spegal

17 minutes ago, jets said:

No one is gonna say it?? No one?? Really??

Ok I guess I will have to be THAT guy - and I apologize to Mr. Spegal cause this is no way a reflection of the young man. I've never met him or said two words to him, I'm sure he's an outstanding individual - but shame on Coach Ralph. Up 55 and you leave this guy in to get 2 more TD's?? I'm sorry, but I can't believe this guy (Ralph) just constantly gets a free pass of YEARS of "running up" the score. I don't think it's right and as a person in education/coaches role, I believe Ralph owes better to his team. Empathy/compassion/sportsmanship are traits the world could use more of....EGOTISM is something we have plenty of. 

I wasn't around in the Brett Law days so maybe the same could be said of his Coach and chasing records, I'm not sure?? But the constant leaving a kid in to rack up more TDs and yards is just disgraceful. 

Sorry to be negative but it's been allowed to go on for so long without being called out. I can't believe his Administration and/or community members have allowed the years of 78-0 brow-beatings to take place without at least SOMEONE saying "hey man, can we take it back a notch?" 

68-0. Looks like they let off the gas. Scoring by quarter (according to max preps): Q1-28 Q2-27 Q3-7 Q4-6. Looks like they had a few other RBs with a couple TD's so I don't know exactly when those were scored. Either way, with their schedule they have, Spegal and crew would be practicing all summer and during season to play a half of football in 90% of their games. New Pal is a powerhouse as of late and their conference is weak. I'm sure their JV team could beat greenfield central by 30+ as well. What do you do take a knee from halftime on? 

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

68-0. Looks like they let off the gas. Scoring by quarter (according to max preps): Q1-28 Q2-27 Q3-7 Q4-6. Looks like they had a few other RBs with a couple TD's so I don't know exactly when those were scored. Either way, with their schedule they have, Spegal and crew would be practicing all summer and during season to play a half of football in 90% of their games. New Pal is a powerhouse as of late and their conference is weak. I'm sure their JV team could beat greenfield central by 30+ as well. What do you do take a knee from halftime on? 

Spegal scored on the final possession of second quarter after Greenfield attempted a fake punt, fumbled and Dragons recovered at the GF 10 yard line.  He did play one possession of the third quarter and the substitutions had begun.  Fourth quarter was entirely JV and freshmen.  

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jets said:

Ok I guess I will have to be THAT guy - and I apologize to Mr. Spegal cause this is no way a reflection of the young man. I've never met him or said two words to him, I'm sure he's an outstanding individual - but shame on Coach Ralph. Up 55 and you leave this guy in to get 2 more TD's?? I'm sorry, but I can't believe this guy (Ralph) just constantly gets a free pass of YEARS of "running up" the score. I don't think it's right and as a person in education/coaches role, I believe Ralph owes better to his team. Empathy/compassion/sportsmanship are traits the world could use more of....EGOTISM is something we have plenty of. 

I wasn't around in the Brett Law days so maybe the same could be said of his Coach and chasing records, I'm not sure?? But the constant leaving a kid in to rack up more TDs and yards is just disgraceful. 

Sorry to be negative but it's been allowed to go on for so long without being called out. I can't believe his Administration and/or community members have allowed the years of 78-0 brow-beatings to take place without at least SOMEONE saying "hey man, can we take it back a notch?" 

I'm guessing you've never been to a New Pal game nor actually looked at the situation.  Part of the reason for the rule changes to allow 6 quarters per week were because often times in blowouts teams would have to play their starters for 3 full quarters otherwise they couldn't field JV or freshman teams. And to call out Coach Ralph,  whom I assume you've never met or even spoken to shows very little class, especially considering you've got facts wrong in this post so it can be assumed you don't bother to even try to get the whole story.  But hey,  there's plenty of that in the world so your additional piling on is typical. 

37 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

I'm guessing you've never been to a New Pal game nor actually looked at the situation.  Part of the reason for the rule changes to allow 6 quarters per week were because often times in blowouts teams would have to play their starters for 3 full quarters otherwise they couldn't field JV or freshman teams. And to call out Coach Ralph,  whom I assume you've never met or even spoken to shows very little class, especially considering you've got facts wrong in this post so it can be assumed you don't bother to even try to get the whole story.  But hey,  there's plenty of that in the world so your additional piling on is typical. 

I won't publicly reveal where I received my information (was told up 50 points and leave Charlie in to put 2 more TD's on the board) - but I can tell you it's from a source VERY close to the program and I'd imagine you'd be pretty surprised how some people REALLY felt about Ralph and his constant "running up" the score. No doubt Ralph has been tremendous for New Pal and the football program and community - but your response/defense of these antics is typical for those that have drank the "man can do no wrong" kool-aid. That's fine I guess...I was just stating my opinion and felt it needed to be pointed out. 

2 minutes ago, jets said:

I won't publicly reveal where I received my information (was told up 50 points and leave Charlie in to put 2 more TD's on the board) - but I can tell you it's from a source VERY close to the program and I'd imagine you'd be pretty surprised how some people REALLY felt about Ralph and his constant "running up" the score. No doubt Ralph has been tremendous for New Pal and the football program and community - but your response/defense of these antics is typical for those that have drank the "man can do no wrong" kool-aid. That's fine I guess...I was just stating my opinion and felt it needed to be pointed out. 

Well you can keep you "source" to yourself for all I care as its factually inaccurate.   And believe whatever you want, most in your situation cherry pick whatever fits their narrative.   And I wouldn't be surprised what most feel about Coach Ralph as I live in the community and had a son go through the program so I know how they feel 1st hand, not through "confidential sources".  So feel free to have your opinion and enjoy your day. 

1 minute ago, CoachNolting said:

Charlie is a great player that you can obviously see has worked his tail off to get where he is.    

Congrats to Charlie and the rest of the New Pal Dragons on their success.   

- Coach Nolting

Spegel is a great player, but this hero worship is a bit over the top.  How about some accolades for the great linemen who are busting holes up front against these  great juggernaut teams like Yorktown, PH, GC and Kokomo?  

21 minutes ago, DT said:

Spegel is a great player, but this hero worship is a bit over the top.  How about some accolades for the great linemen who are busting holes up front against these  great juggernaut teams like Yorktown, PH, GC and Kokomo?  

There names are Matthew Brown, Jacob Brittsan, Ethan Sturgeon, Noah Mack, Tucker Keevers, and Kyle King.

I don’t remember Brett Law, but I’m sure he racked up all his TD’s in very close games against top notch competition every single week.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

There names are Matthew Brown, Jacob Brittsan, Ethan Sturgeon, Noah Mack, Tucker Keevers, and Kyle King.

I don’t remember Brett Law, but I’m sure he racked up all his TD’s in very close games against top notch competition every single week.

Thank you.  

4 hours ago, jets said:

*Yawn* 

1 hour ago, jets said:

All I have to do is look up at the stands every Friday night to see how the community feels about him. Packed house. The pussification runs strong in 2019, I doubt Ralph really cares about those few that are getting hurt feelings. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Cathedral pulled their starters out after the score was 28-0 in the first quarter with about 6 minutes to go on Friday night....Guess it just comes down to the philosophy of the coaching staff.

and the number of kids on the roster. NP had about 50 kids grades 10-12 available that night.  Cathedral has 80 according to Max Preps.  

And it definitely comes down to philosophy with dealing with our conference and balancing playing time, reps, and staying sharp against bad teams.  There will be a big game in 3 weeks at Delta.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jets said:

I won't publicly reveal where I received my information (was told up 50 points and leave Charlie in to put 2 more TD's on the board) - but I can tell you it's from a source VERY close to the program 

So, when you do this, we are just considering the source.

1 hour ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Probably not a lot going on in New Pal on a Friday night....Most little towns are packed like that.......Charlie is a monster for sure, but there is definitely reasons behind it that not a lot outside of New Pal are aware of.

That offensive line is pretty good, the holes he runs through you could drive a freight train through....Could New Pal win State with Charlie???

Pretty sure 90% of the state that follows high school football know about Charlie Spegal and the New Pal program. 

Uh-oh.

Sep 20 - Greenfield-Central 67 Shelbyville 0

Sep 27 - New Pal 68 Greenfield-Central 0

Oct 4 - Shelbyville at New Pal

Point differentials thru 6 weeks: New Pal 310-54, Shelbyville 7-365

If Shelbyville wins the coin toss, I suggest that they defer to basketball season.

Gotta wonder if any HS team before G-C has ever won a conference game by 67 & then lost a conference game by 68 in back-to-back weeks. Who's gonna look that up for us?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

I know it may not be on topic completely but...isn’t Kyle King being looked at heavily by D1 schools? Or is that someone else 

22 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Pretty sure 90% of the state that follows high school football know about Charlie Spegal and the New Pal program. 

what does 90% of the state knowing him have to do with anything? Ya i do agree with 90% of the state knowing about him, becuase of the numbers he puts up against the worst competition in the state, i just want to see how he does against a decent team.... also wondering why he does not have any college offers with the numbers he is putting up...... lol.

• Confused 1
  • Disdain 4

6 minutes ago, blueandgold2389 said:

what does 90% of the state knowing him have to do with anything? Ya i do agree with 90% of the state knowing about him, becuase of the numbers he puts up against the worst competition in the state, i just want to see how he does against a decent team.... also wondering why he does not have any college offers with the numbers he is putting up...... lol.

So 200+ against Center Grove is weak competition? Got it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blueandgold2389 said:

Why the hate? Has two really good games vs Center Grove. And great games against Zionsville, Harrison, Michigan City, and Decatur Central. And he has several offers? Don’t understand why people come on here to put a kid down and don’t have their facts straight.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Why the hate? Has two really good games vs Center Grove. And great games against Zionsville, Harrison, Michigan City, and Decatur Central. And he has several offers? Don’t understand why people come on here to put a kid down and don’t have their facts straight.

I have a couple of theories.

I think that his lack of next level offers gives people pause.

I also think there is a stereotype out there about the “white” running back in 2019.

But you stated above. He has done it against all levels of competition. 

Sometimes numbers lie but his postseason success  and success against Center Grove speaks for itself  and should end any argument.

Edited by Guest