Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Charlie Spegal

18 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I have a couple of theories.

I think that his lack of next level offers gives people pause.

I also think there is a stereotype out there about the “white” running back in 2019.

But you stated above. He has done it against all levels of competition.  

Kid has at least two schools willing to pay for his education to play football. That’s more than most kids could ever dream of.

A couple Cathedral fans really showing their rear end this year on these boards. Embarrassing really. They oughta worry about Decatur Central and Kenny Tracy first.

13 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Kid has at least two schools willing to pay for his education to play football. That’s more than most kids could ever dream of.

A couple Cathedral fans really showing their rear end this year on these boards. Embarrassing really. They oughta worry about Decatur Central and Kenny Tracy first.

Can’t say I disagree at all.  Just speculation on my part.  Some folks don’t see power 5 schools lined up and then see a school with an enrollment just over 1000 and become skeptical.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Can’t say I disagree at all.  Just speculation on my part.  Some folks don’t see power 5 schools lined up and then see a school with an enrollment just over 1000 and become skeptical.

As the dad of a white DB, I get it.

• Haha 2
  • Disdain 1

36 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Why the hate? Has two really good games vs Center Grove. And great games against Zionsville, Harrison, Michigan City, and Decatur Central. And he has several offers? Don’t understand why people come on here to put a kid down and don’t have their facts straight.

what are his offers?

• Disdain 2

37 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

Don't think DC is the team they were last year. They haven't been able to put together a full game on both O and D. I think its going to be up to you guys take them down. I hope spegal and crew rush for 500+ yards and 10+ TDs lol. Cathedral has always thought they're above everyone else. Minor example is how they use more than 50 yards of the field during warm ups while both teams are on the field. Just an example lol. Not trying to start a war here, you just will never catch me rooting for Cathedral. The arrogance of their following on here doesn't help the cause either

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Disdain 1

1 minute ago, FridayNightLights said:

Don't think DC is the team they were last year. They haven't been able to put together a full game on both O and D. I think its going to be up to you guys take them down. I hope spegal and crew rush for 500+ yards and 10+ TDs lol. Cathedral has always thought they're above everyone else. Minor example is how they use more than 50 yards of the field during warm ups while both teams are on the field. Just an example lol. Not trying to start a war here, you just will never catch me rooting for Cathedral. 

when you are the most winningest  team in indiana, have the most college and nfl players, you are held to a different standard. If you do not go into a game knowing and thinking you are better than another school then why are you out there? just saying.

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 2

Just now, blueandgold2389 said:

when you are the most winningest  team in indiana, have the most college and nfl players, you are held to a different standard. If you do not go into a game knowing and thinking you are better than another school then why are you out there? just saying.

Sounds like we shouldn't even play the tourney and just hand the trophy to you guys. We're not worthy. 😂. Good luck vs new pal.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

Sounds like we shouldn't even play the tourney and just hand the trophy to you guys. We're not worthy. 😂. Good luck vs new pal.

i mean.... its not a good year for Cathedral if they do not win state....i dont know what is wrong with that. 

• Disdain 1

30 minutes ago, blueandgold2389 said:

20 minutes ago, blueandgold2389 said:

i mean.... its not a good year for Cathedral if they do not win state....i dont know what is wrong with that. 

yet would play 4A football if given the opportunity . . . 

1 minute ago, CaptainHook said:

I believe this is called “feeding the troll” at this point.  I’ve been guilty at times too...

1 hour ago, blueandgold2389 said:

what does 90% of the state knowing him have to do with anything? Ya i do agree with 90% of the state knowing about him, becuase of the numbers he puts up against the worst competition in the state, i just want to see how he does against a decent team.... also wondering why he does not have any college offers with the numbers he is putting up...... lol.

You literally couldn’t be anymore dumb.. you would be the type to starve in a grocery store.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

you for an example show that we are held at a higher standard. Cathedral is a  4A school playing in 5A.. 

Just now, Olympian06 said:

You literally couldn’t be anymore dumb.. you would be the type to starve in a grocery store.. 

yeah prolly

• Confused 1
  • Disdain 1

Just now, blueandgold2389 said:

you for an example show that we are held at a higher standard. Cathedral is a  4A school playing in 5A.. 

What is new pal.....

12 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I believe this is called “feeding the troll” at this point.  I’ve been guilty at times too...

Honestly I think hes just that ignorant 

• Sit and spin 1

5 hours ago, blueandgold2389 said:

i mean.... its not a good year for Cathedral if they do not win state....i dont know what is wrong with that

So not had a good year since 2014?  Wow, especially since there's no residency requirement and they get alot of top players from outside what would be their district.   Maybe @DT should think about putting the Irish on the contraction list. I mean, 4 bad years in a row.....

4 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I’ve been following Charlie Spiegels since his sophomore year. Reminds me of Blake Ezors from MSU. I swear to God he does

Not a bad comparison at all.  I was thinking Mike Alstott myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Is Center grove any good this year?  Did they start out 0-4?

Got it, so you're only criteria is record. Ok, well Cathedral has been pretty average at best then for a while. I guess those 5 loss title teams were just lucky?  Good thing Indiana let's everyone(even bad sub .500 teams) in the playoffs otherwise your Irish would have alot fewer titles.

2 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

Got it, so you're only criteria is record. Ok, well Cathedral has been pretty average at best then for a while. I guess those 5 loss title teams were just lucky?  Good thing Indiana let's everyone(even bad sub .500 teams) in the playoffs otherwise your Irish would have alot fewer titles.

Can we send the kids to bed yet?  Hopefully the parental controls on their tablets lock them at 9pm...