Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Pal @ CG

6 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

New Pal takes a 7-6 lead at halftime and wins going away 28-9.  Better game than the score indicated.  I'll be honest, CG looked tired in second half.

Are people going to take New Palestine seriously now or are we going to get the same old excuses?

4 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Howd ur boy do?

He's probably too humble to brag on his own kid too much so I'll do it for him.  He looked like the best player on field last night. Period.  Kid is everywhere,  don't think he ever left the field. Just a monster!!

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Are people going to take New Palestine seriously now or are we going to get the same old excuses?

After that performance I'd hope not.  The Dragons just wore them down in the 2nd half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just curious who exactly isn''t or wasn't taking New Palestine serious? I think they proved last year they could play with and beat Center Grove when they actually did. I would hope most around here (with the exception of a few) know Coach Ralph is and has been an excellent Coach since he has taken the job at New Pal. In my own personal opinion the stand out qualities I see in Coach Ralph: his teams win because he has them winning where it all starts in the weight room, he has been a master at having his offensive line play very disciplined and fundamentally sound, he has the ability to get his team to buy into his culture and schemes, he has been excellent at making sure his teams are very well condition (and they need to be with having 2 way players). Outstanding qualities for him as a coach and he has developed some fine young men.

One question for Center Grove fans. Is Carson Steele still nursing a nagging hamstring injury. I don't ask because I feel he would have changed the outcome of the game. It certainly does hurt you not having your leading rusher, but New Pal is a fantastic team. I ask because I hope the young man is back on the field soon, I love watching him run hard just as much as I enjoy Spegal run hard!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Just curious who exactly isn''t or wasn't taking New Palestine serious?

Some MIC fans were still not taking New Palestine seriously. A few Center Grove folks I work with didn't respect them after New Pal's win last year because they said Center Grove "wasn't prepared" or "didn't take them seriously". Ever since that loss last year they pointed to this year's game saying New Pal will finally get the regular season loss coming to them because they "just can't hang with the big boys".

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Some MIC fans were still not taking New Palestine seriously. A few Center Grove folks I work with didn't respect them after New Pal's win last year because they said Center Grove "wasn't prepared" or "didn't take them seriously". Ever since that loss last year they pointed to this year's game saying New Pal will finally get the regular season loss coming to them because they "just can't hang with the big boys".

I picked them to lose to CG...again.

4 hours ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Was a very fun game to watch, I think the lack of experience cost CG in this one, and not having Carson Steele of course. 😂

After what I saw last night they could have had Carson Steele or Man of Steel... New Pal was the better team. 2 great programs, but New Pal has been the better team 2 years in a row. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Everybody I know takes New Pal seriously.  They are a very well coached, well conditioned, disciplined and hard nosed football team.   It’s very impressive. 

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I heard the same things from fans of other MIC schools, one in particular. 

One other thing I'd add is that not only is this team incredibly well-coached, getting it done in the weight room, has complete buy-in from throughout the program, and it's got a special senior class that's incredibly talented (with three players with D1 offers) ... the program is sound. There's a well-run youth league where players are getting good coaching and lots of reps starting in the first grade. There's a commitment to football throughout the community ... and that's likely to keep growing as the community grows. New Palestine is about to see a population explosion, as more than 1,000 houses are under construction or approved in the community right now. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

I heard the same things from fans of other MIC schools, one in particular. 

One other thing I'd add is that not only is this team incredibly well-coached, getting it done in the weight room, has complete buy-in from throughout the program, and it's got a special senior class that's incredibly talented (with three players with D1 offers) ... the program is sound. There's a well-run youth league where players are getting good coaching and lots of reps starting in the first grade. There's a commitment to football throughout the community ... and that's likely to keep growing as the community grows. New Palestine is about to see a population explosion, as more than 1,000 houses are under construction or approved in the community right now. 

The things I've heard about Kyle Ralph and the things I've seen him say and do have me feeling like even I'd run through a wall for him. Bob Gaddis of Columbus East is the only other coach I've said that about but, the difference is, I got to know him. Never met Kyle Ralph but I just have the utmost respect for him and his teams. I know this isn't popular with some people but I root for New Palestine and defend them to the haters whenever I come across them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

The things I've heard about Kyle Ralph and the things I've seen him say and do have me feeling like even I'd run through a wall for him. Bob Gaddis of Columbus East is the only other coach I've said that about but, the difference is, I got to know him. Never met Kyle Ralph but I just have the utmost respect for him and his teams. I know this isn't popular with some people but I root for New Palestine and defend them to the haters whenever I come across them.

As do I! @CaptainHook @dmizers3 @crimsonace1 Know that as well. 

• Like 2

On 9/1/2019 at 7:17 AM, dmizers3 said:

Absolutely!!  And I would absolutely echo those sentiments about Coach Gaddis and the Olympians.   As hopefully would everyone associated with the Dragons.  

Coach Gaddis was a teacher of mine at Pike. I didn't play football, but he saw talent and passion in me for this sport (and for sports) and encouraged me to pursue a path of sports journalism. I was considering it anyway, but that helped validate that career choice. We've had the chance to catch up when New Pal plays Columbus East, and he's absolutely a first-class coach and person. Those are both guys I'd run through a wall for. Two coaches who do things the right way. There's a TON of mutual respect between these two programs. 

• Like 2