Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

S.I.A.C. Week 3

Sounds like some teams got back on track in week 2. Reitz pounded out a victory. Castles Defense sounds impressive. Memorial is still Memorial. I got to see Bosse for 1st time this year. Haven’t seen this type of Bosse team in 20 years. Very physical up front on Defense. Multiple RB’s and a QB that can spin it. North seems to be trending up.   Seems like every team with exception of Harrison can be competitive. Ready for week 3 ! 

Evansville Bosse (1-1) at Evansville Central (1-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Bear Den.
COACHES: Eric Schnur, 8-36 in 5th year at Bosse. Sean Coultis, 1-1 in 1st year at Central.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 50.93, 129th overall, 36th in 4A. Bosse, 32.85, 204th overall, 42nd in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Bosse defeated Washington, 47-21. Central defeated Owensboro (Ky.), 10-8.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Bosse 1-3. Central 2-0.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Central, 28-8
LAST MEETING: Central, 42-6, Aug. 31, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 42-3.
Evansville Harrison (0-2) at Evansville Mater Dei (1-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Reitz Bowl.
COACHES: Lane Oxley, 4-18 in 3rd year at Harrison. Mike Goebel, 218-68 in 23rd year at Mater Dei.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mater Dei, 65.32, 66th overall, 7th in 2A. Harrison, 17.43, 253rd overall, 54th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Harrison lost to Terre Haute South, 41-0. Mater Dei defeated Indian Creek, 49-14.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Harrison 3-1. Mater Dei 0-2.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Mater Dei, 21-14
LAST MEETING: Mater Dei, 50-6, Aug. 31, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Mater Dei, 38-17.
Evansville North (1-1) at Evansville Memorial (2-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Enlow Field.
COACHES: Joey Paridaen, 2-10 in 2nd year at North, 38-43 in 8th year overall. John Hurley, 89-54 in 12th year at Memorial.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Memorial, 100.58, 6th overall, 1st in 4A. North, 74.03, 47th overall, 10th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: North lost to Henderson County (Ky.), 39-35. Memorial defeated Northview, 24-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: North 0-2. Memorial 0-4.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Memorial, 24-11
LAST MEETING: Memorial, 56-10, Aug. 31, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Memorial, 52-7.
Evansville Reitz (1-1) at Castle (1-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Lidy Field.
COACHES: Andy Hape, 54-17 in 7th year at Reitz. Doug Hurt, 99-54 in 14th year at Castle.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Reitz, 66.93, 62nd overall, 17th in 4A. Castle, 62.16, 84th overall, 16th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Reitz defeated Clarksville Northeast (Tenn.), 45-24. Castle defeated New Albany, 43-6.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Reitz 0-0. Castle 2-2.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Reitz, 25-18
LAST MEETING: Reitz, 38-21, Aug. 31, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Reitz, 28-24.
SOUTHERN INDIANA
CONF.
RANK
STATE
RANK
TEAM OVERALL
RATING
SCHEDULE
STRENGTH RANK
RECENT
RATING   RANK
PREDICTOR
RATING   RANK
1 6 Evansville Memorial 100.58 80.82 19 100.98 6 100.56 6
2 47 Evansville North 74.03 43.79 149 76.34 43 76.45 42
3 62 Evansville Reitz 66.93 0.00   66.59 61 66.74 64
4 66 Evansville Mater Dei 65.32 33.91 209 65.69 66 65.73 65
5 84 Castle 62.16 55.73 96 61.30 88 61.96 83
6 129 Evansville Central 50.93 61.33 80 48.95 134 50.11 131
7 204 Evansville Bosse 32.85 27.74 235 32.14 205 32.77 204
8 253 Evansville Harrison 17.43 47.30 132 16.89 257 17.20 255

8 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Bosse at Central

Harrison at Mater Dei

North at Memorial 

Reitz at Castle

Give me the same.  

The north vs memorial game should be interesting. We will find out just how good north is this year based on this game....I still think memorial wins though. But I’m pulling for North to do great 

7 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Give me the same.  

The north vs memorial game should be interesting. We will find out just how good north is this year based on this game....I still think memorial wins though. But I’m pulling for North to do great 

Should be a good game, but I am biased so Memorial wins by a good amount.

11 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Should be a good game, but I am biased so Memorial wins by a good amount.

It’s interesting to see the change in how memorial is this year. Last year it was an unstoppable offense. This year it’s an unbreakable defense.  

If north can score against the varsity defense of memorial...and not just in a big play, but actually driving down the field and punching it in, I think that will be a pretty good indicator. I’m going to guess the score is similar to that of the jasper game 35-21 memorial. But it’s just a matter of how many of those scores are vs the varsity defense and not the backups 

I don’t see much difference in last year and this year for Memorial. Offense is sharp and defense sets the tone. 

I guess offensively it’s more about 5 or 6 guys getting it done instead of 2 or 3.  More of a run 1st team. Defense is as good if not better.  

I thought it was great how many people told Memorial good luck with 4A- as if there’s no way they could compete. I guess that’s why they suit up and play.  

IMO after two weeks MD and Memorial have stood out.  

30 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I don’t see much difference in last year and this year for Memorial. Offense is sharp and defense sets the tone. 

I guess offensively it’s more about 5 or 6 guys getting it done instead of 2 or 3.  More of a run 1st team. Defense is as good if not better.  

I thought it was great how many people told Memorial good luck with 4A- as if there’s no way they could compete. I guess that’s why they suit up and play.  

IMO after two weeks MD and Memorial have stood out.  

I think most people were under the impression that central Reitz and others would improve in the SIAC.  Seems to me now that only Memorial North and MD have taken those steps.  

Also...don’t sweet talk us into believing Memorial’s offense is just as sharp as last year lol....not even Chatard or West Lafayette could slow you guys down last year.  Last years WL team had 3 of the best defensive players in the state I believe too, headlined by both Karlaftis brothers. 

I will eat crow about Memorial’s defense being better this year though. I said it wouldn’t be and all signs say I’m wrong 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think most people were under the impression that central Reitz and others would improve in the SIAC.  Seems to me now that only Memorial North and MD have taken those steps.  

Also...don’t sweet talk us into believing Memorial’s offense is just as sharp as last year lol....not even Chatard or West Lafayette could slow you guys down last year.  Last years WL team had 3 of the best defensive players in the state I believe too, headlined by both Karlaftis brothers. 

Have to comment on  this one - Memorial was excellent last year and took Chatard to the wood shed in semi-state. However, the Chatard defense did more than slow down Memorial last year....anyone who saw that game would concur.

I will eat crow about Memorial’s defense being better this year though. I said it wouldn’t be and all signs say I’m wrong 

On 8/31/2019 at 2:06 PM, Evansville50 said:

Sounds like some teams got back on track in week 2. Reitz pounded out a victory. Castles Defense sounds impressive. Memorial is still Memorial. I got to see Bosse for 1st time this year. Haven’t seen this type of Bosse team in 20 years. Very physical up front on Defense. Multiple RB’s and a QB that can spin it. North seems to be trending up.   Seems like every team with exception of Harrison can be competitive. Ready for week 3 ! 

The 2010 Bosse Bulldogs were fun to watch. They had speed to burn. They lost a barn burner to Indian Creek in the Regional Championship. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trojan88 said:

Have to comment on  this one - Memorial was excellent last year and took Chatard to the wood shed in semi-state. However, the Chatard defense did more than slow down Memorial last year....anyone who saw that game would concur.

Yep,  I would agree with you, Trojan88.  Chatard's D did a heckuva job.  I still wonder what might have happened if Chatard had scored a TD to go up 10-0 instead of having the INT on the goal line.  That game could have been a barn-burner down to the wire.  

13 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

The 2010 Bosse Bulldogs were fun to watch. They had speed to burn. They lost a barn burner to Indian Creek in the Regional Championship. 

This team gets forgotten about often! I'm a little bias about this team though. Lol

Edited by coachhagan22
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Although Memorial took Chatard to the woodshed last year, the reality is that Memorials offense did have their way with Chatard's defense. Anyone who saw that game knows that Memorial won big time, but that was not a function of their offense.