Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

S.I.A.C. Week 3

Just the function of a much better football team. I think Memorial D’s was tired of hearing they couldn’t stop the Trojans offense. Especially after how well Chatard played vs Winston Woods from Ohio.  Chatard is the class of 3A football. Shocked Memorial has won the 3 semi state meetings so convincingly.  

Chatard looks like the favorite in 3A again. Just don’t underestimate the winner from sectional 32. A really really good football team will be represented SW Indiana in 3A.   

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:19 PM, tango said:

Yep,  I would agree with you, Trojan88.  Chatard's D did a heckuva job.  I still wonder what might have happened if Chatard had scored a TD to go up 10-0 instead of having the INT on the goal line.  That game could have been a barn-burner down to the wire.  

Was my first time watching a game at that stadium - truly awesome venue and your crowd was more than into it! Trust me - I played so many "what if" scenarios since then, but...in the end...Memorial won. Tough, tough loss...probably easier to swallow if it was a closer score instead of the beat down which was not even remotely expected

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Just the function of a much better football team. I think Memorial D’s was tired of hearing they couldn’t stop the Trojans offense. Especially after how well Chatard played vs Winston Woods from Ohio.  Chatard is the class of 3A football. Shocked Memorial has won the 3 semi state meetings so convincingly.  

Chatard looks like the favorite in 3A again. Just don’t underestimate the winner from sectional 32. A really really good football team will be represented SW Indiana in 3A.   

Gibson Southern looks to be that team right now...especially if that young QB continues to develop

41 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Gibson Southern looks to be that team right now...especially if that young QB continues to develop

If I was betting, I'd say the representative from 3A South will be (1) GS,; (2) HH; or (3) Brownstown Central.  We'll find out how GS might stack up to BC after Wk. 5.  GS plays Southport Wk. 4 and BC plays them the next week.  GS hasn't faced anyone so far.    

45 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Was my first time watching a game at that stadium - truly awesome venue and your crowd was more than into it! Trust me - I played so many "what if" scenarios since then, but...in the end...Memorial won. Tough, tough loss...probably easier to swallow if it was a closer score instead of the beat down which was not even remotely expected

We love playing at Enlow Stadium.  It's awfully nice having a roof on those nights when it rains....

I really think their might be an upset this week. North or Bosse might just get one.  North is very physical and has a few playmakers. Should be a early test for Memorial to see how they handle Norths Size and strength. I’m not sure what separates Bosse and Central this year other than numbers. Have seen both. Both have elite speed Central maybe more so, but Bosse seems pretty good on Defense front 7. I was really impressed by how they ran the ball and the young QB.  Might come down to which team can keep their composure. Call me crazy but I smell a possible surprise in one of the games.

Just now, Screagle said:

Combs , Johnson, and Jones are all 3 very physical upfront. Those 3 dominated upfront last year. 

Best defensive unit in SW Indiana in the last 2 years.  

They are well coached and a smart hard working group. Combs is great.....glad ur a fan 👍🏻

9 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

Combs yes, the rest I wouldn’t say are overly physically impressive. They are helped do to teams  having to focus on Combs. And the others get one on one match ups. North is big upfront but I’m not sure that will be enough. But it will be interesting to see

You must not have watched Austin Jones..  He doesn't get the attention Combs gets, but he has dominated in the first 2 games on both sides of the ball.     

1 hour ago, Evansville50 said:

I have watched. I thought he was the best left tackle in the SIAC last year. He has great fundamentals. 

He is also playing DL in spots too.  Funny thing, when he played for me in 7th grade, he wanted to be a QB, just like every OL/DLman.  LOL  

• Like 1

Bottom line. Reitz is a bad football team. See them winning maybe two more games this year. Without being able to field a freshman team this year where is the program heading. They are hard to watch this year. Even being that critical I still love the Blue and Grey. Go Panthers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, reitzguy said:

Bottom line. Reitz is a bad football team. See them winning maybe two more games this year. Without being able to field a freshman team this year where is the program heading. They are hard to watch this year. Even being that critical I still love the Blue and Grey. Go Panthers

Not meaning to point out any one kid but there needs to be some adjustments at QB.  Way, way too many turnovers and looks like it has blown his confidence up.  Even to the point of effecting his punting.  He was much better the little he played last year.  Poor play calling doesnt help.  3rd and long and call a pass play behind the line of scrimmage.  Happens many times a game.  Not taking 3 at the end of the half with a short field goal with a very good kicker.  However it goes down though will still be there rooting them on but looks like a long year.  

1 hour ago, Panther86 said:

Not meaning to point out any one kid but there needs to be some adjustments at QB.  Way, way too many turnovers and looks like it has blown his confidence up.  Even to the point of effecting his punting.  He was much better the little he played last year.  Poor play calling doesnt help.  3rd and long and call a pass play behind the line of scrimmage.  Happens many times a game.  Not taking 3 at the end of the half with a short field goal with a very good kicker.  However it goes down though will still be there rooting them on but looks like a long year.  

Here is my take. The coaches don’t have a clue as to what they have at QB. He is not a scrambler (although he is mobile enough to get away from pressure), but is a step into pocket passer. 

Watch him. When he actually steps into his passes, they are on point. However, most of the time he is throwing on the run and off of his back foot. When he does that his passes sail resulting in the bad turnovers and badly overthrown receivers. (Also, he really needs to quit locking in on one receiver. I know where he is throwing it from across the field, so any defender paying attention would know the same.)

I believe that the offense needs to be constructed more along the lines of what the Colts did when Manning was QB. One back pro sets doing stretch runs and play actions bootlegs, but basically keeping him standing tall in the pocket and throwing the ball down the field. 

Edited by TransplantedPanther

40 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Here is my take. The coaches don’t have a clue as to what they have at QB. He is not a scrambler (although he is mobile enough to get away from pressure), but is a step into pocket passer. 

Watch him. When he actually steps into his passes, they are on point. However, most of the time he is throwing on the run and off of his back foot. When he does that his passes sail resulting in the bad turnovers and badly overthrown receivers. (Also, he really needs to quit locking in on one receiver. I know where he is throwing it from across the field, so any defender paying attention would know the same.)

I believe that the offense needs to be constructed more along the lines of what the Colts did when Manning was QB. One back pro sets doing stretch runs and play actions bootlegs, but basically keeping him standing tall in the pocket and throwing the ball down the field. 

Totally agree.  Especially when they call that roll out to his left.  Have seen 1, maybe 2 high schoolers that can make that pass.  Just putting him in a bad spot.  And throw the damn ball downfield.  We have some receivers and some height, USE IT.  Stop throwing behind the line and expecting to get the blocks after the catch to gain yards.