Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Danville vs referee Non Issue

1 hour ago, Mopi11 said:

Yep the refs drove it right down the field for mooresville must have got all 37 yards of penalties on that last drive . Refs were terrible only reason Danville stayed in the game.

Screenshot_20190831-214240_MaxPreps.jpg

Those penalty stats are flipped

Whoever input those numbers should put down their alcohol and push it away from themselves. The Warriors were flagged more than 5 times for 37 yds....there were 30 yds on just 2 penalties alone (PI and PF for face mask). Mooresville’s OL seemed slow and had a problem with Danville’s speed of their DL and LB’s. They were called for about 9 or 10 holding calls. The  Warriors definitely got the short end of the stick when it came to the officiating when the game was on the line. On the PI, the receiver fell down as he was 3 yds behind the CB, but the line judge on Mooresville’s sideline threw the flag for the PI. And the phantom face mask was called on a 4th & 14 play on the drive that Mooresville scored their go ahead, and eventually game winning, score also came from the same sideline. The “altercation” between an official and a Danville player occurred when the official attempted to walk right through the middle of the handshake line. Not sure what happened, but the official threw a flag. Maybe someone with more insight can provide further info on that. But I have talked to several people, including Mooresville people, and they have said that was the worst officiated game they have seen in a long, long time.

1 minute ago, WarriorFan46122 said:

The question would be why would he attempt to walk right through the handshake line? That’s just a bad idea anyway....but I shouldn’t expect anything different from that crew.

That’s hardly a big deal. At the conclusion of the game, our guidance is to leave the field as quickly as possible. Sometimes you get caught on the wrong side of the handshake line. You can go through the line or you can go around. Shortest distance is a straight line. Done it myself many, many times. It’s a non-issue.

If you like, message me with the name of the crew chief.

19 hours ago, Bobref said:

That’s hardly a big deal. At the conclusion of the game, our guidance is to leave the field as quickly as possible. Sometimes you get caught on the wrong side of the handshake line. You can go through the line or you can go around. Shortest distance is a straight line. Done it myself many, many times. It’s a non-issue.

The problem is they didn’t leave the field as quickly as possible. In fact, they lingered quite a while deciding to continue to interact (negatively) with players and then talk to Mooresville’s coaches. They would have actually had plenty of time to be well off field before hand shake line started had they followed protocol and left as soon as Danville’s final pass into end zone got batted down. 

19 hours ago, Bobref said:

The problem is that they did not leave the field as quickly as possible after the game. In fact, they lingered for an excessive amount of time interacting (negatively) with players and speaking with Mooresville’s coaches. Had they followed protocol and taken off as soon as Danville’s final pass into end zone was batted down they would have been well gone before the handshake line even started. They even decided to interact with fans on their way off the field. Their is no bail out for them on this one. Protocol was far from followed. 

29 minutes ago, Payne said:

Not really a Danville vs Mooresville altercation then.

Most definitely NOT a Danville-Mooresville altercation.  Actually it wasn't a Danville player-Official altercation either as the contact with official running during his eventual run off the field was accidental.