Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 - Week 3

Not hearing much on the Big 8 threads from the Jasper fans. Cant imagine the possibility of being 0-3 is setting to well with this fan base. In coming from the fan base I come from we would not except the excuse of new coach new system and I dont think the Jasper traditonalists except that either. With that said. Boonville 35 Jasper14.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reitzguy said:

Not hearing much on the Big 8 threads from the Jasper fans. Cant imagine the possibility of being 0-3 is setting to well with this fan base. In coming from the fan base I come from we would not except the excuse of new coach new system and I dont think the Jasper traditonalists except that either. With that said. Boonville 35 Jasper14.

I think there was a lot of truth to the people who criticized the hiring of Tony Lewis...i only hope for jaspers sake that when they go to the SIAC next year that Lewis’s experience will help them. I know they had 2 tough games to start but making excuses is generally not something Jasper does 

1 hour ago, reitzguy said:

How long until folks realize beating Jasper isn't some sort of signature win and hasn't been for some time?  Life in the SIAC could have a couple different potential outcomes and Jasper fans aren't going to like one of them.

12 hours ago, Titan32 said:

How long until folks realize beating Jasper isn't some sort of signature win and hasn't been for some time?  Life in the SIAC could have a couple different potential outcomes and Jasper fans aren't going to like one of them.

You mean since 2012? When it became sooo obvious that Jasper had been supplanted by another as the best SW program outside of the SIAC? And d@mmit! That program still doesn’t get the recognition it deserves!!

Even after that state finals appearan- oh....

And I think life in the SIAC will suit Jasper, and Lincoln, just fine. Jasper historically excels at every sport, boys and girls, the least of which just happens to be football at this point in time. Lincoln is just now making a return to football relevancy after a decade hiatus, and are traditionally strong in the other major sports. No doubt that both schools will take their lumps, especially in the early years. But winning the conference isn’t on either’s check list. And it’s not as if they’re projected to be bottom feeders. 

• Thanks 2

Beating Jasper may not be a win anymore against a Top 10 team in Class 4A, but it is a quality win and a game that unless you are a top tier team in Class 3A or 4A, you can lose -- especially at Alumni Stadium.

Jasper is a solid opponent and their luck recently in the sectional shouldn't diminish that too greatly. Everything is cyclical. Give the new system time. The stock and bloodlines run deep in Jasper. They are VERY successful in most other boys' sports, football will return to prominence.

Jasper will also benefit in the coming years of attrition from surrounding schools. Many of my classmates and former teammates, for example, work in Jasper. Unlike their parents, they have chosen to live and work in Jasper rather than commute from Spencer County. I would imagine that other school districts are also suffering/benefitting from that phenomenon as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

You mean since 2012? When it became sooo obvious that Jasper had been supplanted by another as the best SW program outside of the SIAC? And d@mmit! That program still doesn’t get the recognition it deserves!!

Even after that state finals appearan- oh....

And I think life in the SIAC will suit Jasper, and Lincoln, just fine. Jasper historically excels at every sport, boys and girls, the least of which just happens to be football at this point in time. Lincoln is just now making a return to football relevancy after a decade hiatus, and are traditionally strong in the other major sports. No doubt that both schools will take their lumps, especially in the early years. But winning the conference isn’t on either’s check list. And it’s not as if they’re projected to be bottom feeders. 

Easy now big fella, I didn't say they weren't a competitive team, I said it no longer is a signature win.  The classy way in which you take shots at GS in response to just about anything I say is fine...if you think that they somehow get under my skin you are mistaken.  My oldest son was a 3 year starter on that 2015 team that lost to Chatard....I have slept just fine ever since that loss (and any real football guy understands why).  Your behavior here somewhat mimics that of your players that last couple times they have been to GS.  As they say, the apples never seem to fall too far from the trees.  Keep up the good work!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Easy now big fella, I didn't say they weren't a competitive team, I said it no longer is a signature win.  The classy way in which you take shots at GS in response to just about anything I say is fine...if you think that they somehow get under my skin you are mistaken.  My oldest son was a 3 year starter on that 2015 team that lost to Chatard....I have slept just fine ever since that loss (and any real football guy understands why).  Your behavior here somewhat mimics that of your players that last couple times they have been to GS.  As they say, the apples never seem to fall too far from the trees.  Keep up the good work!

Forgot to mention that I actually have a great relationship with the guys who Coached the 7th grade at Vincennes last year....I can only assume they are still coaching this year.  Good dudes.

16 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I think a win over Jasper in any sport is a good win. JMO.  Can’t think of 1 team that wouldn’t be 1-1 or 0-2 after Jasper’s 1st two opponents. And it’s nice to find out where you are as a team moving forward. 

For Heritage Hills its a good win because regardless of whos favored in a particular season when HH and Jasper hook up more times then not its a war..

As far as football Jasper has struggled a bit but how many programs if any can say in the past 62 seasons they have 60 winning seasons, 1 .500 season and 1 losing season ??

As a diehard Patriot fan I love to Hate the Jasper Wildcats but have the upmost respect for a program   that has accomplished something few others have winning state titles in Football, Boys Basketball and Baseball all 3. 2014 last time we went to Semi State the only regular season  loss was at Jasper.

That said Jaspers non losing season streak that go's back to 1989 could be in jeopardy this season, The Wildcats are   0-2 and next 3 games are at Boonville, At Heritage Hills and At Vincennes plus unless they add a team have only a 8 game schedule and play in sectional that has Central, Memorial, Boonville  and Reitz.

• Like 3

Anyone notice anything about this tread. No Jasper fans ringing in, which tells me they aint really happy with the direction the football program has and us taking. Trust me a true Jasper football fan is not happy with 0-2 and would not be happy with 1-1. If uou think they are your crazy.

Yeah, it's tough to be 0-2 and possibly 0-5 by the time we get our 1st win.  I don't feel our record is all because of the new coach. This is new system and sure our system as a whole has changed. We still have the same coaching staff minus a few, and a few of their roles have changed. I feel there is a chance we will only win 3-4 games this year. We have great kids and great community support. The past 50-60 years have been good to us, and it seems the past few years we haven't been as consistent as the past. You can't tell me there isn't a team that would root against Jasper. I see it on this thread all the time, but that just shows how well our sports programs have been.  As far as Jasper ppl being quiet on the thread.. I bet before 2012 there weren't many GS ppl on here posting as there are now with you're program turning around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Tell that to Southridge, Heritage Hills, or Vincennes or any team in the big 8. Beating a team that has dominated you or that has a close series is the one you want. Its bragging rights. You should know that.  I'm not saying Jasper is going to beat you like a drum each time but it depends on the situation. Everyone has a rival team.  And I  wish we could have joined the SIAC when Tell City left possibly sooner. Yeah we may only win half our games but I would rather have a close game against a good Castle or Reitz team than a Washington team you 50 points on every year. That does nothing come tournament time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cat02 said:

Tell that to Southridge, Heritage Hills, or Vincennes or any team in the big 8. Beating a team that has dominated you or that has a close series is the one you want. Its bragging rights. You should know that.  I'm not saying Jasper is going to beat you like a drum each time but it depends on the situation. Everyone has a rival team.  And I  wish we could have joined the SIAC when Tell City left possibly sooner. Yeah we may only win half our games but I would rather have a close game against a good Castle or Reitz team than a Washington team you 50 points on every year. That does nothing come tournament time.

Yeah, I can see that from a historical/rivalry standpoint.  No disrespect for past accomplishments intended.  

Edited by Titan32

7 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Yes! Much like the class that’s been exhibited from you and a handful of other GS members on the board in the past! 

Guess I don’t see the difference in pointing out how one program, who portrays themselves as the end-all be-all, has yet to make an appearance at LOS, while you point out that a tradition rich program has regressed.

We’re both just stating the obvious. 

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

Yes! Much like the class that’s been exhibited from you and a handful of other GS members on the board in the past! 

Guess I don’t see the difference in pointing out how one program, who portrays themselves as the end-all be-all, has yet to make an appearance at LOS, while you point out that a tradition rich program has regressed.

We’re both just stating the obvious. 

I didn’t say anything about the “be all end all”...one could just as easily read your posts the same way (even though I don’t). But, glad we can agree my Jasper comment only states the obvious.  Hey, maybe we will see the Alices in LOS soon (which would be cool)...my guess is you will beat tradition rich Jasper.

Edited by Titan32

43 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I didn’t say anything about the “be all end all”...one could just as easily read your posts the same way (even though I don’t). But, glad we can agree my Jasper comment only states the obvious.  Hey, maybe we will see the Alices in LOS soon (which would be cool)...my guess is you will beat tradition rich Jasper.

I've watched Heritage Hills play in 2 state finals but never been to LOS , Both were at the RCA dome 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 1984 said:

Grapevine says Jasper is running a wingT? Is that something the new HC has a history of? Or trying to copy HH and Southridge? 

Didn't really look like a wingT to me... was more of a single-back with motion on the edges every play. they ran about 3-4 plays all night it seemed like. Option, FB Dive, and Sweep. they passed the ball a couple times too, but QB couldn't connect with his WR's. Definitely didn't look like the traditional Jasper team.

10 minutes ago, Cat02 said:

RoadRunner is right. No wing T, options, dive's and sweeps, A few passes here and there. More of a spread type O.

The kid I saw playing QB the last half of Jaspers season last year, I thought looked to be more of a passer not a runner. But I didn't see that much of him.