Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Big 8 - Week 3

31 minutes ago, 1984 said:

The kid I saw playing QB the last half of Jaspers season last year, I thought looked to be more of a passer not a runner. But I didn't see that much of him.

You may talking about Rillo our current QB. He is a pass 1st than run kind of a QB. Of course this year he will be running more with the option in the play book. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cat02 said:

You may talking about Rillo our current QB. He is a pass 1st than run kind of a QB. Of course this year he will be running more with the option in the play book. 

He throws a pretty ball, just cant seem to his guys in stride. Almost every throw (with the exception of the one #3 dropped) was thrown under/behind the receiver and they had to wait for the ball to get there.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 4:36 PM, Titan32 said:

Easy now big fella, I didn't say they weren't a competitive team, I said it no longer is a signature win.  The classy way in which you take shots at GS in response to just about anything I say is fine...if you think that they somehow get under my skin you are mistaken.  My oldest son was a 3 year starter on that 2015 team that lost to Chatard....I have slept just fine ever since that loss (and any real football guy understands why).  Your behavior here somewhat mimics that of your players that last couple times they have been to GS.  As they say, the apples never seem to fall too far from the trees.  Keep up the good work!

Jasper pulls an upset at Boonville ... really though, look at Sagarin's ratings. Even though Week 2, how is Jasper a 4-TD favorite? 

Mount Vernon because I have no idea about Mount Carmel and it's a shame they are leaving the Big 8 (honestly, their city council would probably agree to be annexed to the State of Indiana ... as would the southern third of Illinois)

Princeton ... surely Princeton has played Washington more than any other team in football and basketball, right? That's reason enough.

Floyd Central (59.69) is a 16-point favorite (1.69-point home-field advantage) against Vincennes (45.22)

My Big 8 Predictions:

Hopefully Jasper get the win over Boonville. Saw improvements in last weeks game, hoping this will carry over. 

Mt. Vernon over Mt. Carmel . Mt.V had a solid win over NP. 

Princeton over Washington.... start that season 0-2 against 5A teams is tough, but I think the Tigers will get the win.

VL over FC... A tough loss over Boonville will hopefully motivate and right the ship.

18 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Jasper pulls an upset at Boonville ... really though, look at Sagarin's ratings. Even though Week 2, how is Jasper a 4-TD favorite? 

Mount Vernon because I have no idea about Mount Carmel and it's a shame they are leaving the Big 8 (honestly, their city council would probably agree to be annexed to the State of Indiana ... as would the southern third of Illinois)

Princeton ... surely Princeton has played Washington more than any other team in football and basketball, right? That's reason enough.

Floyd Central (59.69) is a 16-point favorite (1.69-point home-field advantage) against Vincennes (45.22)

Sags on the money

8 minutes ago, DaveMosbey said:

Congrats Jasper Wildcats  and I'm happy they won't be coming to the Jungle 0-3. I thought Jasper might pull the upset proud tradition rich program not use to starting 0-2 but not in a million years did I think it would be a running clock game.

35-0 is not an upset 

3 hours ago, Cat02 said:

Clearly you didn't watch how Jasper played their 1st 2 games.

Maybe how Jasper played had to do with the two teams you played. They did both win state two years ago and on went back to state and the other went to semistate last year. Good teams can force you away from what you want to do when it is not working.

35 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Maybe how Jasper played had to do with the two teams you played. They did both win state two years ago and on went back to state and the other went to semistate last year. Good teams can force you away from what you want to do when it is not working.

I'm not taking anything away from Memorial or SR wins. They played better than we did and are great teams. What I saw compared to the Boonville game was there was no energy on either side of the ball. There dropped balls and missed blocks and tackles. I think the SR game we played better and it was anyones game. 

35-0 over Boonville was huge win and an upset. Boonville was pretty much penciled in as B-8 champs after Vincennes W. I think we see why Boonville wanted nothing to do with SIAC based on sectional game vs Bosse and the game vs Jasper Friday night.