Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral 28, Cincinnati Moeller 0

Except for the 4 Irish turnovers, it was a very good night for the Irish.  Total yards, 275 for Cathedral, 104 for Moeller.  First downs 13-5 in favor of the Irish.

Orin Edwards threw for 217 yards on 20-33, but threw 3 ints.    Only 4 penalties for 20 yards for the Irish.

On a personal note, it was nice of Moeller to turn down sitting on the St. X side, home side.  So we sat on the "home" side and it is an amazing view.  St. X is one of the few football fields without a running track and that puts you right behind the bench.  It's a great venue for high school football not matter which side you're on.

Next week isn't any easier when Cathedral visits Cincinnati Elder at the Pit.

2 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Sloppy football.......11 turnovers.

Moeller isnt a good football team right now.....

I was reading Yappi this morning and it sounds like Moe looked awful as well in their scrimmage against Springfield last week. Still, it's impressive for a smaller (male vs. male enrollment) Cathedral to shut out a GCL-South team.

15 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

No offense, but you have yourself listed as a Cathedral parent. I've yet to see a positive post about the Cathedral football team (with the exception of the WR trio). As a parent shouldn't you be at least somewhat positive when your team is 2-0 and has outscored their opponents 70-14. I mean weren't you the one who more or less ripped the Irish secondary? The same secondary that just had 1 player with 3 picks (1 a pick 6) in a game? Perhaps a little more encouragement and positivity for the team could go a long way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

No offense, but you have yourself listed as a Cathedral parent. I've yet to see a positive post about the Cathedral football team (with the exception of the WR trio). As a parent shouldn't you be at least somewhat positive when your team is 2-0 and has outscored their opponents 70-14. I mean weren't you the one who more or less ripped the Irish secondary? The same secondary that just had 1 player with 3 picks (1 a pick 6) in a game? Perhaps a little more encouragement and positivity for the team could go a long way.

This guy is a joke.  He can hide behind his username on here, but we would love for him to come and introduce himself next game he actually goes to.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Please stop by the bus at the next tailgate at Arlington on the 13th against Chatard.  That way us team dads can introduce ourselves to you in person instead of on here hiding behind these usernames.  Bet you won't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Thank you, Im at every single game sir.  I would gladly walk right up to you and introduce myself,  not a problem.  I dont hide, I will say what I have to say to you and any other parent.  

Not a problem, why wait until Chatard?  How about this weekend in Cincinnati?

Can't wait! See you then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Perfect, can't wait!!  How will I know its you?  

There is a group of us wanting to meet you.  Just walk up and introduce yourself as 1906, we are all eager.  

You can have your opinions that fine, but when you call out some of our boys by name on a forum behind a username, that's where it becomes a problem.  

See you Friday, by the way, get there early.  Parking far and walking two miles won't be an acceptable excuse for not showing up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Haven't called out any bou

I want to meet YOU, ....I called out boys by name?   Like in a negative way?  Don't recall that at all.  I will continue to voice my opinion, I haven't said anything about any specific kid.  So I can't wait to see you, Im sure we've already met as Im at the tailgate every week.   Or tell you what, how about we meet at the Dads luncheon on Friday?  Then I can meet the rest of your buddys at the tailgate, unless you need to be together with them

Mencer and Goheen by name in the All Things 5A thread.  Sorry, bus is leaving early to get into Elder's small school lot.  You will have to come meet the group as a whole. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Haven't called out any bou

I want to meet YOU, ....I called out boys by name?   Like in a negative way?  Don't recall that at all.  I will continue to voice my opinion, I haven't said anything about any specific kid.  So I can't wait to see you, Im sure we've already met as Im at the tailgate every week.   Or tell you what, how about we meet at the Dads luncheon on Friday?  Then I can meet the rest of your buddys at the tailgate, unless you need to be together with them

You've been convicted of wrong think so now he wants to harass you in a parking lot with all his friends, very manly.

I shall go with you and we will fight every last one of them (after the game because I'd like to watch it)

37 minutes ago, irishfootball1906 said:

I called them  out in a negative way?  Really?   The lunch is at noon.  The bus is leaving early for a 2 hour drive?  haha....Man give me a break....You answered the question, you can't meet alone... 

Yes sir, you being around the block, you should surely know that Elder has zero parking.  Coming from a Elder gentleman at last years game told me, if you are not there 1.5 to 2 hours early, you will be walking two miles to the stadium.  10,000 seat capacity and zero parking, not a hard equation to figure out.

Not sure what the difference is if I meet you alone or with other dads.  I and we want nothing more than to put the face with the name of the gentleman who feels the need to constantly put our boys down.  Even calling a few out by name.  That way when our boys continue to prove that they are a good team, who is only going to get better, they know who truly has supported them and who has doubted them.

So take my advice and leave straight from the Blend, because I'd hate for you to have to walk all that way.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

Being positive and being realistic are 2 different things.  Im happy for the boys that they are 2-0,  althoughthey have played 2 bad teams.  The schedule gets real now

Being realistic would be noticing the team is 2-0 outscoring their 2 opponents 70-14. They can't control if the opposing team is going to play bad or good they just play and if the opposing team is bad then they have done exactly what they needed to. I have yet to see a High School, College, or even Professional team play a perfect game. Every team makes mistakes they can find on film and work to correct. My point is being positive of the team you are a parent of is much better than inciting negativity towards the team. I've seen the call out of specific units and coaches on your posts. Stay positive and give encouragement.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, irishfootball1906 said:

He doesn't want to fight me trust me.   Him, buddys and some liquid courage may just get him to yell and scream.  This is funny actually.  I would still wish him well and good luck to his son if he has one on the team.

See you friday. For now, stay off this site for the rest of the week so you don't make yourself out to a bigger tool. 

• Thanks 1