Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Loyola Academy - St. Ignatius game

Had a great time yesterday watching two very good teams play on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in a great facility.    For those of you who missed it, Cleveland (OH) St. Ignatius defeated Wilmette (IL) Loyola Academy 27-10 at Ames Field in Michigan City.   Both teams are highly rated in their respective states with both expecting big seasons this year.     Loyola brought a nice crowd and the Ignatius band performed at halftime.     As I watched the game it reminded me of my hope that someday Indiana will go to Saturday semi-states at great sites like Ames Field instead of cold Friday nights standing four deep in the end zone in an undersized home field.   Do not know who set this game up, but hope they do it again because a chance to see nationally relevant teams play within a couple of hours of home can't be beat.    Not only that, but the wife got in some shopping while I was at the game and we topped the day off with a great meal at a Polish restaurant in Michigan City.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

What was the fan turnout like?

Loyola brought a nice crowd but was disappointed in St. Ignatius' crowd.   They did not even fill the small visitors stands.     I sat on the home side with a great seat on a very nice afternoon.    Hope they do something similar again next year.    Saves me from having to drive further for a great matchup. 

1 hour ago, whiteshoes said:

Loyola brought a nice crowd but was disappointed in St. Ignatius' crowd.   They did not even fill the small visitors stands.     I sat on the home side with a great seat on a very nice afternoon.    Hope they do something similar again next year.    Saves me from having to drive further for a great matchup. 

I believe this was discussed over the summer regarding this contest...

Nearly a 5 hour drive is pretty brutal, even on a holiday weekend.  That’s a 14 hour day for folks.

Shoulda played this one closer to Fort Wayne...

11 hours ago, Temptation said:

I believe this was discussed over the summer regarding this contest...

Nearly a 5 hour drive is pretty brutal, even on a holiday weekend.  That’s a 14 hour day for folks.

Shoulda played this one closer to Fort Wayne...

Fort Wayne would have been even better for me.    It is less than an hour.