Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Central @ Warren Central (Homecoming)

Its homecoming week in the Warrior Nation. This week, the Warren Central Warriors wrap up their homestand hosting the North Central Panthers. North Central is coming off its first win of the season, a 17-16 victory over Hamilton Southeastern. The Warriors suffered their first loss since November 3rd, 2017, 17-14 against the Louisville Trinity Shamrocks. North Central has not defeated Warren Central in 20 years. Is this the year the Panthers finally beat the Warriors? I love to hear your feedback on this.

Go Warriors!!! 2018 6A State Champions

8 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Warriors by 10. NC played much better in week 2 but still lack the run/pass balance to have a good offense. 

Not that it has any relevance but an interesting factoid nonetheless: Warren obviously has a long win streak vs NC and a 10 point win would equal the 2nd lowest margin of victory during the streak (I believe). Warren 28-26 in 2013 for the lowest. Interestingly enough, the only times NC has kept it to 10 or fewer (2013 reg season, 2018 regional), Warren won the state title. 

I think Warren will win, something like 31-13. 

1 hour ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

This game is also honoring the 1984 Warren state championship team. On that note, sad news from Warren: Larry Willen, who spent over 50 years coaching at Warren, has passed away. Was on staff for all 9 football state championships 

Just saw this before coming on here. If I were not coaching Friday night, there is no doubt I would be there to celebrate with my teammates, the great man that Coach Willen was. This is a fantastic story about the kind of man Coach Willen was. It is sad to think that both the player and the coach in this story have passed on now. Rest in Peace Coach you will be missed. 1984 (the year of the Warrior) was a special year for so many of us, and you were a huge part of that. 

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/31/jason-whitlock-warren-central-high-school-football-force-good

31 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Just saw this before coming on here. If I were not coaching Friday night, there is no doubt I would be there to celebrate with my teammates, the great man that Coach Willen was. This is a fantastic story about the kind of man Coach Willen was. It is sad to think that both the player and the coach in this story have passed on now. Rest in Peace Coach you will be missed. 1984 (the year of the Warrior) was a special year for so many of us, and you were a huge part of that. 

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/31/jason-whitlock-warren-central-high-school-football-force-good

Thanks for sharing! As I read the article, the word that struck me was "authentic." Coach Willen definitely embodied that. 

• Like 1

Coach Willen passes during Homecoming week. It's only appropriate, I guess. 

I did not ever meet the man in person, but I had many many conversations about Warren Central with WC grad, Mike Kirschner. He mentioned Coach Willen often. I know he was the kind of teacher we all hope to be. My condolences to everyone on the Eastside and to all the players and staff. Coach Willen has the best seat in the house now. Sending you all love from the Westside.

--Jon Easter

• Like 1