PAC Week 3

Friday, Sep. 6

Forest Park at Southridge ©, 6:30 pm

Gibson Southern at North Posey ©, 7 pm

Pike Central at Heritage Hills ©, 7 pm

Tell City at South Spencer ©, 7 pm

Forest Park (1-1) at Southridge (2-0)

GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Raider Field.

COACHES: Ross Fuhs, 17-56 in 8th year at Forest Park. Scott Buening, 60-19 in 7th year at Southridge, 72-47 in 11th year overall.

SAGARIN RATINGS: Southridge, 85.2, 24th overall, 2nd in 3A. Forest Park, 16.61, 255th overall, 48th in 2A.

LAST OUTING: Forest Park defeated Perry Central, 30-20. Southridge defeated Jasper, 21-17.

OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Forest Park 2-2. Southridge 1-3.

SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Southridge, 10-1

LAST MEETING: Southridge, 48-7, Aug. 31, 2018.

jh PREDICTION: Southridge, 49-7.

Gibson Southern (2-0) at North Posey (1-1)

GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Viking Field.

COACHES: Nick Hart, 78-12 in 8th year at Gibson Southern. Waylon Schenk, 13-9 in 3rd year at North Posey, 41-33 in 8th year overall.

SAGARIN RATINGS: Gibson Southern, 58.35, 103rd overall, 13th in 3A. North Posey, 16.74, 252nd overall, 47th in 2A.

LAST OUTING: Gibson Southern defeated South Spencer, 48-7. North Posey lost to Mount Vernon (Posey), 56-24.

VS. COMMON FOES: Gibson Southern 1-0; North Posey 1-0.

OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Gibson Southern 1-3. North Posey 1-3.

SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: North Posey, 19-11

LAST MEETING: Gibson Southern, 63-7, Aug. 31, 2018.

jh PREDICTION: Gibson Southern, 52-14.

Pike Central (0-2) at Heritage Hills (2-0)

GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Patriot Field.

COACHES: Dave Stephens, 1-11 in 2nd year at Pike Central. Todd Wilkerson, 51-26 in 8th year at Heritage Hills.

SAGARIN RATINGS: Heritage Hills, 69.51, 53rd overall, 4th in 3A. Pike Central,-27.39, 317th overall, 64th in 3A.

LAST OUTING: Pike Central lost to Tecumseh, 39-6. Heritage Hills defeated Tell City, 42-6.

OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Pike Central 2-2. Heritage Hills 2-2.

SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Heritage Hills, 36-1

LAST MEETING: Heritage Hills, 62-2, Aug. 31, 2018.

jh PREDICTION: Heritage Hills, 63-0.

Tell City (1-1) at South Spencer (0-2)

GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Ayer Field.

COACHES: Aaron Clements, 4-8 in 2nd year at Tell City. John Edge, 2-10 in 2nd year at South Spencer.

SAGARIN RATINGS: Tell City, 26.3, 229th overall, 41st in 2A. South Spencer, 12.62, 264th overall, 51st in 2A.

LAST OUTING: Tell City lost to Heritage Hills, 42-6. South Spencer lost to Gibson Southern, 48-7.

OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Tell City 2-2. South Spencer 3-1.

SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: South Spencer, 19-11

LAST MEETING: Tell City, 22-14, OT, Aug. 31, 2018.

jh PREDICTION: South Spencer, 21-20.

41 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Any rumors as to who will be?

I figure the teams who can’t play the SIAC next year are the front runners

Weeks one and two games should come out next week.  Week 3 Washington...week 4 to remain Southport.  Southridge also in the mix at some point....I have no idea what week...maybe the same historical week but I don't know.

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Weeks one and two games should come out next week.  Week 3 Washington...week 4 to remain Southport.  Southridge also in the mix at some point....I have no idea what week...maybe the same historical week but I don't know.

I hope southridge is earlier on. Would be better for both teams if they didn’t face week 9 and then again in the first round of sectionals potentially 

Forest Park at Southridge
Gibson Southern at North Posey
Pike Central at Heritage Hills
Tell City at South Spencer

Shouldn't be too many surprises in the first three games. Will be interesting to see what the Raiders, Titans, and Patriots want to put on tape (maybe a fake punt, onside kick, fake PAT, try some reverses, etc...) ahead of their games which typically decide the conference.

Tell City at South Spencer. If this were at Tell City, I'd be 100 percent behind the Marksmen. Usually South Spencer is dangerous because of 2-3 speedsters who can burn you despite any other issues and they get fired up for home games, especially those against locals like TC, OC, HH, and Boonville. If the Rebel offense finds some firepower, maybe this is interesting?

8 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Forest Park at Southridge
Gibson Southern at North Posey
Pike Central at Heritage Hills
Tell City at South Spencer

Shouldn't be too many surprises in the first three games. Will be interesting to see what the Raiders, Titans, and Patriots want to put on tape (maybe a fake punt, onside kick, fake PAT, try some reverses, etc...) ahead of their games which typically decide the conference.

Tell City at South Spencer. If this were at Tell City, I'd be 100 percent behind the Marksmen. Usually South Spencer is dangerous because of 2-3 speedsters who can burn you despite any other issues and they get fired up for home games, especially those against locals like TC, OC, HH, and Boonville. If the Rebel offense finds some firepower, maybe this is interesting?

South Spencer put up over 400 yards of offense in a loss to North Posey but still only scored   13 points. Tell City has a really good defense but struggles to score the Marksmen scored 12 in the win over Perry Central  and the following week Forest Park scored 30 on Perry. Tell City scored on us but it came with 45 seconds remaining against the HH JV  . 

4 minutes ago, DaveMosbey said:

I had heard Pike Central had low numbers but didn't realize a 3rd of that roster were freshman,Counted 8 Freshman, 6 Sophomores, 5 Juniors and 5 Seniors for a total of 24 grades 9-12.

Dang. That’s some rough times. Beyond just having limited guys for the games, there is the entire issue of trying to practice and prepare for games. 

8 hours ago, J_EdgeSS said:

SS will only need 12 to win. The TC offense hasn’t done much since the new coach took over. 

2 hours ago, J_EdgeSS said:

Guess I was wrong...Not much we can do with our QB out whole second half

Funny coming from IP address belonging to a school in Tell City.........   :classic_ninja::classic_ninja:

Yea, IP addresses are just so delightful aren't they??   :classic_ninja::classic_ninja:

HE GONE.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was there at the game and SS quarterback was in there until mid 4th quarter. Besides one blown play on defense for Tell City, they shut down that spread offense. Tell City offense also did some good things. Can't wait to see them open up more next week. Theyu need to build on confidence and have fun doing it.

14 minutes ago, titans20 said:

Correct! Tennessee Titans Fan. Number 20 is for when a played at South Spencer back the the 80's

54 minutes ago, DaveMosbey said:

New guys  user name is plural and lists school as Tell City so the Titan probably doesn't have anything to do with Gibson Southern.  

D7FDEC6D-1A9F-4AF8-A8C8-4E582CDA942B.jpeg

Its the oldest trick of the GID book

1)  Game week, user from an opposing school decides on Game week to create an account

2)  Thinks to themselves, you know what will really rally they troops:  If I make a user name, pretending to be the opposing school's coach/fan/player

3)  proceed with action plan and makes 1st post to flame up the internet message board, then the other team players/coaches/fans/ whoever says,  LOOK, YOU SEE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING ONLINE..... Motivational tactic :classic_sad:

4)  Get snuffed out quickly by site mods and squashed

Rinse Repeat 

• Like 4