Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Week # 3

3 hours ago, Indian72 said:

It would seem for Penn to be Independent in Football would be a night mare for them in scheduling, travel, and revenue.

How many schools in Indiana would have an open date after week 2 -3 and want to schedule them

Could you see them scheduling:  Valpo, Elkhart, Mishawaka, Cincy St. X, Moeller, Cleve St. Ed, St Ignatius, + 2 more would be brutal and the distance - not sure there is a solution there.  

What would happen if all of the schools less 3-4 SB schools, Elkhart, Penn formed a new conference and added Culver?

Would love to see that happen. 

4 hours ago, Indian72 said:

I am not sure why CMA was never invited to the NIC to even the numbers

My guess is that CMA doesn't bring a large gate so they aren't really ever considered. Road attendance has improved in football and basketball but only because of recent success. Most years CMA doesn't exactly strike fear into their opponents. In fact, they would be evenly matched most years to Bremen, St. Joe, Marian, Glenn and the SB schools. There are already some nice rivalries with St Joe, Marion and most recently with Bremen. It would be nice to develop more with Jimtown, Glenn and others. It also seems that the powers that be are luke warm on the topic of joining a conference. Not sure why as this would help with scheduling. CMA travels quite far for some games and struggles to schedule others. Maybe with the new AD, things might change. 

The nice thing about your idea is that if these schools could form a conference, they wouldn't necessarily lose their competitive advantages come playoff time.

11 hours ago, Offintheyard said:

My guess is that CMA doesn't bring a large gate so they aren't really ever considered. Road attendance has improved in football and basketball but only because of recent success. Most years CMA doesn't exactly strike fear into their opponents. In fact, they would be evenly matched most years to Bremen, St. Joe, Marian, Glenn and the SB schools. There are already some nice rivalries with St Joe, Marion and most recently with Bremen. It would be nice to develop more with Jimtown, Glenn and others. It also seems that the powers that be are luke warm on the topic of joining a conference. Not sure why as this would help with scheduling. CMA travels quite far for some games and struggles to schedule others. Maybe with the new AD, things might change. 

The nice thing about your idea is that if these schools could form a conference, they wouldn't necessarily lose their competitive advantages come playoff time.

The gate from CMA fans is not that much different from some SB schools when you play them if they are having a tough season.

Arguing that point to me is a moot one because winning draws.

On the reverse Freed Field is not packed with Penn fans weekly like it was 20 years ago either

Any one know of anything in today's paper there is a comment about the Riley - Adams game and at the end it says the students involved in the incident last week will not allowed at the game.

Any one know anything?

There was an article about a post saying that only Adams-Riley students could attend the game tonight which was incorrect but guess raised some eyebrows.

3 hours ago, Indian72 said:

The gate from CMA fans is not that much different from some SB schools when you play them if they are having a tough season.

Arguing that point to me is a moot one because winning draws.

On the reverse Freed Field is not packed with Penn fans weekly like it was 20 years ago either

Any one know of anything in today's paper there is a comment about the Riley - Adams game and at the end it says the students involved in the incident last week will not allowed at the game.

Any one know anything?

There was an article about a post saying that only Adams-Riley students could attend the game tonight which was incorrect but guess raised some eyebrows.

I know that Riley students can only be admitted with their IDs.  Don't know about Adams

On 9/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, johnny U said:

Washington High School under new head Coach Stammich brought the number of players on the team to 51.  I don't know how many the other schools have on their team, but this is an improvement.  After reading the article about the sportsmanship between Washington and Jimtown I would think that Washington is on their way to being relevant again.  Maybe Saint Joseph could learn something from Jimtown and Washington(over 100 yards again in there last game against Northridge.  Yes I agree Clay should disband their whole athletic program.  

An improvement? Max preps has a roster of 65 for 2017 and 2018 just slightly under. If I'm not mistaken. One of the few schools that could field an A B C team and you must of missed the right haymaker thrown by 23 on Jimtown and Washingtons Corner squaring up and blasting him with a right cross, which caused cost Washington good field position and ultimately forcing them to punt on a nice drive.Bremen is down but they have enough for a JV squad, Clay? Jimtown might be hurting next year with that 8th grade class of 8-9 kids. Glenn has a JV but mostly all freshmen. 

The South Division taking it to the North a little this week.

Riley beating Adams.  I gotta be honest, wasn't thinking they had much of a chance going into that game so congrats to the Cats as well.

Marian vs St. Joe.  I kind of thought Marian might win this one, but definitely didn't see that kind of a score.

Elkhart Central did beat Jimtown so the north didn't get swept.

1 hour ago, NPFan said:

The South Division taking it to the North a little this week.

Riley beating Adams.  I gotta be honest, wasn't thinking they had much of a chance going into that game so congrats to the Cats as well.

Marian vs St. Joe.  I kind of thought Marian might win this one, but definitely didn't see that kind of a score.

Elkhart Central did beat Jimtown so the north didn't get swept.

Some great games. Clay getting a much uplifting win for the kids, Glenn dominating Bremen, Washington holding off KV. Adams game wasn't surprising at all and what's going in Granger. Penn seems to have lost their winning ways