10. Marion
11. Evansville Central
12. Indianapolis Brebeuf Jesuit 
13. Heritage Hills
14. Indianapolis Scecina Memorial
15. Southridge

Post yours...

4 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Yeah I wouldn’t put GS ahead of WL just yet. Heritage hills is also probably better than Reitz...and all of 3A is better than 4A minus like 3 teams 

Tend to agree in principle.  The top of 3A was definitely better than the top of 4A last year.  Whether that is the case this year remains to be seen.  It’s still way, way early.....

Automatic deference to 4A teams is problematic to me particularly when historic powers in 4A (Cathedral, CE and Dwenger) and the “relatively” new power in 4A (New Pal) are all now in 5A.......4A just ain’t what it used to be.  The inference is that the second tier teams in 4A (if 4A was unaffected by the Success Factor) are better than the upper end 3A teams - which hasn’t been the case historically and seems doubly incorrect now in light of the fact that 3A is  (or has been the last few years) probably the best class pound for pound.

West Lafayette is likely either at or near the top of this ranking.  They lost a hard fought game to 6A Lafayette Jeff who may be a top 10 team in the State.  

This loss somehow makes WL 7th in this grouping?

No way.

I find it ironic that in the other thread about the overall rankings it has now (finally) become accepted (even popular) to say that New Pal, as a team almost 1/4 the size of the largest schools in the State, could be the best team in the State (not sure I am there yet this year, personally, but I have argued almost alone in years past that I believed they were the best team in the state -  just too early to tell so far) yet we fall back into the same old fallacy that 4A is always better than 3A,  3A is always better than 2A, etc...

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Tend to agree in principle.  The top of 3A was definitely better than the top of 4A last year.  Whether that is the case this year remains to be seen.  It’s still way, way early.....

Automatic deference to 4A teams is problematic to me particularly when historic powers in 4A (Cathedral, CE and Dwenger) and the “relatively” new power in 4A (New Pal) are all now in 5A.......4A just ain’t what it used to be.  The inference is that the second tier teams in 4A (if 4A was unaffected by the Success Factor) are better than the upper end 3A teams - which hasn’t been the case historically and seems doubly incorrect now in light of the fact that 3A is  (or has been the last few years) probably the best class pound for pound.

West Lafayette is likely either at or near the top of this ranking.  They lost a hard fought game to 6A Lafayette Jeff who may be a top 10 team in the State.  

This loss somehow makes WL 7th in this grouping?

No way.

I find it ironic that in the other thread about the overall rankings it has now (finally) become accepted (even popular) to say that New Pal, as a team almost 1/4 the size of the largest schools in the State, could be the best team in the State (not sure I am there yet this year, personally, but I have argued almost alone in years past that I believed they were the best team in the state -  just too early to tell so far) yet we fall back into the same old fallacy that 4A is always better than 3A,  3A is always better than 2A, etc...

Lafayette is north of Marion County and near a certain university with Black and Gold as its colors, right? This southerner doesn't know much about areas which claim to be a part of the Hoosier state north of Westfield! The sprawl is going to make it all the way to Iowa if we don't watch out. Conspiracy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

Chatard

West lafayette

Mooresville

East central

Gibson southern

Heritage hills

Everyone else

I know nothing of mooresville and assume east central is still good but this is probably pretty close. Evansville memorial needs to be on this list though.  You wouldn’t think it after graduating so much talent the last 2 years, but their defense by all accounts is top notch. Offense lost some edge but not too much. Still a very good team.  Very good chance they win the SIAC/their sectional this year even after being bumped up to 4A 

24 minutes ago, Lysander said:

It’s way early but I have heard some here say EM’s defense is better than last year’s.  If that’s the case and their offense is simply pretty solid, then I think they have a really good shot of coming out of the South in 4A.

As you said, its way, way early.  I don't know any 2-0 team down in this area who can say with a straight face they've been tested with 2 solid opponents yet.  

• Like 1