Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Greetings To One And All!

Hard to believe that we are 1/3 of the way through the 2019 season.

Week #3 Involving HNAC Teams.

What Say You?

Friday, Sep. 6
Caston at Triton ©, 7 pm
Knox at Culver ©, 7:30 pm
North Judson at North Newton, 8 pm
Pioneer at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm
Winamac at North White, 7 pm

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 2

Great matchups this week! 

Triton-  Caston continues to improve this season, but Triton is too much for the Comets.  

Culver-  Should be a great battle between two different offensive football philosophies. 

Judson-  An old Northwest Hoosier Conference rivalry is rekindled.  

Pioneer-  Pioneer has not had an easy road to start this season with 2/3 of their first games have been against top ten teams in 2A.  

North White-  Vikings have scored 72 points in two games and have lost close both times.  

Edited by Duke of Denham

Triton takes this 35 -13

I just dont think Culver has enough defense to slow Knox down.  42 - 14 Knox

Judson 28- NN 20

WARRIORS get their first win of year 19 -13

And in game of week I have to go pioneer 28- Lancers 17.    I just dont think anyone in HNAC can beat pioneer this year.  Hopefully I'm wrong 

4 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Triton tops Caston 35-21

Knox beats Culver 35-14

NOrth Newton knocks off Judson 32-28

Laville beats Panthers 38-22

winamac hammers NW 42-21

Ill say

Triton 34.. Caston 13

Knox 31 Culver 6

North Judson 26 North Newton 24

LaVille 28 Pioneer 26. 

Winamac 40 North White 22

Like the Cass game. I think Pioneer gets LaVille 2nd time around. 

I will say moving one of the Lewellens to Qb was huge. Id like to see them get that Diego kid more involved. Really nice looking athlete. 

Gaumer being out hurts them a bit on the field. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

Friday, Sep. 6
Caston at Triton ©, 7 pm

I look for Triton to bouncer back this week.

Knox 

Jays in a close one

Winamac will get on the scoreboard for the first time this year but the vikings win

Pioneer will need to play their best game of the season so far if they want to pull out a W. I think they will and get the W.

I'll obviously go with Triton over Caston, as for the rest..Knox, Judson, and Winamac.  Game of the week will be Pioneer-Laville.  After what I saw last week, I pick Laville with the close win.  They lost a lot from last year, but they sure did not look like it.  I was really impressed with their speed and power.  They were really laying on some hits.  I know Pioneer will bring it as well.  I kinda wish we had a bye or some thing this week so I could go watch this game.

• Like 1

Should be a great atmosphere over in Lapaz Friday night!  I'd love to head over there again this week, but I'll be in Bourbon supporting the Trojans!  I believe LaVille is good enough to beat Pioneer this year, but I just can't pick against the Panthers!  Those guys know how to win big games.  And if there's any knock against the Lancers in the last several years, it's that they have struggled to close out the big ones.  Should be a lot of hype heading up to this one... and rightfully so!!

9 hours ago, trojan474 said:

I'll obviously go with Triton over Caston, as for the rest..Knox, Judson, and Winamac.  Game of the week will be Pioneer-Laville.  After what I saw last week, I pick Laville with the close win.  They lost a lot from last year, but they sure did not look like it.  I was really impressed with their speed and power.  They were really laying on some hits.  I know Pioneer will bring it as well.  I kinda wish we had a bye or some thing this week so I could go watch this game.

That's a team i hope we stay healthy after. Haha. 

5 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Should be a great atmosphere over in Lapaz Friday night!  I'd love to head over there again this week, but I'll be in Bourbon supporting the Trojans!  I believe LaVille is good enough to beat Pioneer this year, but I just can't pick against the Panthers!  Those guys know how to win big games.  And if there's any knock against the Lancers in the last several years, it's that they have struggled to close out the big ones.  Should be a lot of hype heading up to this one... and rightfully so!!

Im excited for this one. If it were at Pioneer... Id be making the short trip to watch this. 

Ill say this. Knox and LaVille both should be threats to beat them this year and next year. 

I think starting in 2021. Youll start to see the pack get closer together and Pioneer losing a game or two conf wise. Instead of Pioneer being that far ahead of everyone and drilling everyone. 

We hear about bad sportsmanship a lot.  Here is a post from the Triton Trojans facebook page.  This was posted on Saturday after the LaVille game:

This afternoon, the Triton Athletic Department received an e-mail from one of the officials from last nights Varsity game against LaVille. The official was commenting on the sportsmanship of the Trojans. Please read the e-mail below:

"The Triton Trojans (staff and players) showed exemplary sportsmanship last night as they suffered a tough loss against the LaVille Lancers. It is difficult for a team to hold their composure when the other team holds such a commanding lead, but the Triton Trojans held their heads high for all 4 quarters of play as we had 0 unsportsmanlike fouls to report. A special shout out to #58 Jeremiah Farrell for his positive attitude as he was always trying to be verbally positive with his team even when the loss was imminent. He tried to set the tone of playing for pride, and we officials saw his positive attitude and wanted to make sure his gestures did not go unnoticed. High Schools need these types of athletes that show such such pride in their achievements, and their failures."

Thank you to Coach Younis, staff, players, and especially Jeremiah for this outstanding display of sportsmanship! #TrojanPride

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Greetings To One And All!

Hard to believe that we are 1/3 of the way through the 2019 season.

Week #3 Involving HNAC Teams.

What Say You?

Friday, Sep. 6
Caston at Triton ©, 7 pm

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Triton- Trojans win this one. Caston is much improved this year but still a long way to go.

Knox- Redskins win by 2-3 scores. Knox wants to let everyone know they are the big dog of the conference.

Judson- Lambo looking to keep the excitement going in Judson. A young team, so he has to keep them focused.

Pioneer- Game of the week. Lancers hang around in this one for most of it but fall short a score or 2 in the end.

Winamac- Winamac big. If Warriors don't win this one, they may not win a game all year.

• Like 1

For the people that are still picking Pioneer over Laville, I would like to hear why or how Pioneer beats them?  Laville is primed for a breakout season!  Defensively they are solid and offensively they have all the components to take advantage of Pioneers defense.  They have not been passing as much in the first couple games but sounds like last week they didn’t need to.  Teams that can match Pioneers speed and can pass the ball is what puts Pioneer in a bind.  Laville has both and will exploit it.  The Doyle kid is another older, Doll and Watts have the speed, plus they have other very nice pieces on both sides of the ball.  I can this being a 2 TD victory by the Lancers!  

3 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

For the people that are still picking Pioneer over Laville, I would like to hear why or how Pioneer beats them?  Laville is primed for a breakout season!  Defensively they are solid and offensively they have all the components to take advantage of Pioneers defense.  They have not been passing as much in the first couple games but sounds like last week they didn’t need to.  Teams that can match Pioneers speed and can pass the ball is what puts Pioneer in a bind.  Laville has both and will exploit it.  The Doyle kid is another older, Doll and Watts have the speed, plus they have other very nice pieces on both sides of the ball.  I can this being a 2 TD victory by the Lancers!  

Same reason I picked the Patriots to beat the Chiefs last year. Laville may be a good team in the making but I stick to what I know, Pioneer is a great program that continues to push out great teams and great coaching.

None of this is reflected on Laville either, I would love to see a different conference champ this year.

15 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

As good as LaVille has been, they haven't played Pioneer particularly well since the HNAC was formed. There have been years in which Pioneer and Laville have been evenly matched on paper, but Pioneer blew them out.

30 minutes ago, littledog said:

Same reason I picked the Patriots to beat the Chiefs last year. Laville may be a good team in the making but I stick to what I know, Pioneer is a great program that continues to push out great teams and great coaching.

None of this is reflected on Laville either, I would love to see a different conference champ this year.

This.

16 minutes ago, AG said:

As good as LaVille has been, they haven't played Pioneer particularly well since the HNAC was formed. There have been years in which Pioneer and Laville have been evenly matched on paper, but Pioneer blew them out.

This. 

The Lancers have to get over the hump one time and they'll get the respect they may deserve.  But until they do, Pioneer is still the champ.

Pioneer is no where close to the team they were last several seasons and it is showing this season.  They don’t have a QB, they have no depth, they do have speed but that will be neutralized by a team defense approach this Friday.  Laville has more depth upfront and more athletes IMO overall and their ability to be able to throw will win them this game.

43 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Pioneer is no where close to the team they were last several seasons and it is showing this season.  They don’t have a QB, they have no depth, they do have speed but that will be neutralized by a team defense approach this Friday.  Laville has more depth upfront and more athletes IMO overall and their ability to be able to throw will win them this game.

I guess we'll still show up this Friday even though LaVille has it won.

• Haha 3