Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I giggled when he wrote that. 

Im just shocked that after they lose 1 game to a really good cass team everyone thought pioneer was down and done.   And by end of year when they get everything figured out they will be tough out in tournament.   But I'll give laville credit.   They competed.      

6 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

Im just shocked that after they lose 1 game to a really good cass team everyone thought pioneer was down and done.   And by end of year when they get everything figured out they will be tough out in tournament.   But I'll give laville credit.   They competed.      

Yes. 

I picked LaVille to win, but I knew Pioneer had a great chance to win. Saw LaVille had a pick on Pioneer's 5, Lewellen had a kick return and Von Toble picked up a bad snap and took it to the house. Can't let those things happen. Pioneer will be very good the next two years. They won't fall off completely. Theyll still be a winning program but I could see them losing a couple conf games at that time for a couple years. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

Watched the Pioneer-LaVille game on the internet.

Two HNAC teams battling it out ... competitive game.

Pioneer simply executed, especially in the second half and won the turnover battle, to win this game.

Panthers still unbeaten in HNAC games since the conference started.

Kudos to the both teams for a competitive game!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

On 9/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Pioneer's bugaboo over the years has been in the pass defense

Turnovers and execution rule the day in this one 

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

16 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Watched the Pioneer-LaVille game on the internet.

Two HNAC teams battling it out ... competitive game.

Pioneer simply executed, especially in the second half and won the turnover battle, to win this game.

Panthers still unbeaten in HNAC games since the conference started.

Kudos to the both teams for a competitive game!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

😎

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 1:52 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

This has been printed and Posted at the Tennis Complex:   The disrespect towards the racketted Bombers will be met with a fury of forehands that the Jays have not seen before.    You've been warned  :classic_ninja:

How did I miss this gem?  What a way to start my morning here on the GID talking fb w great folks. 

12 hours ago, Douglas65 said:

How was the Caston game I was unable to watch but I did see the score. Who played well if anyone? 

Triton pretty much dominated. Triton had 222 yards passing and 125 rushing.  Caston was 96 yards in passing and 8 rushing yards.  McIntyre had 80 yards rushing 2 TDs.  Shumpert has 152 receiving yards and 2TDs 

Edited by trojan474

13 hours ago, Douglas65 said:

How was the Caston game I was unable to watch but I did see the score. Who played well if anyone? 

Frankly I was a little disappointed with Caston.  They weren't much better than last year.  I don't see them getting a win.  I think they crossed the 50 once.  Triton is not a great team, but they completely dominated this one.  As for Triton, I see them fighting it out with Culver, Judson and Winamac for 4th place in the HNAC.  Best of the rest battle.

Honestly I thought that LaVille was well coached and had a few standouts, but I didn't see the speed that others were raving about. The LaVille QB is a good player and was very adept at avoiding the Panther pass rush. It is nearly impossible for one player to sack him.

I just think laville fans didnt take into consideration how down laville's first two opponents were.   Bremen and Triton both lost alot from their teams.  Was a huge step up in competition for them last night.  Hopefully they clean up alot of those mistakes by sectional time.  And as far as pioneer goes.  Good luck to rest of teams they play stopping #5   He had a hell of a game last night.     

I’m here to eat crow!!  Pioneer, is the better team, and Lewellen is the best player.  I find it hard to think he is going to stay healthy all season.  He takes a beating and just comes back for more, made me a believer in the kid.  That would be my #1 concern.  Overall I was pleased with Laville defensively, they punched them in the mouth and showed some toughness. The offense was disappointing!   There seems to be no continuity in the play calling.  First half seemed to be all run and second half all pass.  The passing was effective but they needed to mix it up, to keep good defenses like Pioneer’s guessing.  To predictable IMO.  Was Watts hurt?  He was hardly involved in the run game.  The kid has showed he can get the edge and be explosive vertically but was nonexistent in the scheme last night.  Between that and the inability to convert in the red zone, which was pathetic was the difference.  They got plenty to work on but would like to see a rematch in sectionals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

I’m here to eat crow!!  Pioneer, is the better team, and Lewellen is the best player.  I find it hard to think he is going to stay healthy all season.  He takes a beating and just comes back for more, made me a believer in the kid.  That would be my #1 concern.  Overall I was pleased with Laville defensively, they punched them in the mouth and showed some toughness. The offense was disappointing!   There seems to be no continuity in the play calling.  First half seemed to be all run and second half all pass.  The passing was effective but they needed to mix it up, to keep good defenses like Pioneer’s guessing.  To predictable IMO.  Was Watts hurt?  He was hardly involved in the run game.  The kid has showed he can get the edge and be explosive vertically but was nonexistent in the scheme last night.  Between that and the inability to convert in the red zone, which was pathetic was the difference.  They got plenty to work on but would like to see a rematch in sectionals.

I think the Panthers would be fine with a rematch. I mean, the IHSAA assigns officials in the tournament still, correct?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

What’s the officials comment referring to?

It's referring to the fact that refs in the tournament are assigned and not hired locally. 

That one last night was one of the worst officiated games I'ever seen.

And I've seen a lot of poorly officiated games.  

Edited by nickelbackjack

10 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Frankly I was a little disappointed with Caston.  They weren't much better than last year.  I don't see them getting a win.  I think they crossed the 50 once.  Triton is not a great team, but they completely dominated this one.  As for Triton, I see them fighting it out with Culver, Judson and Winamac for 4th place in the HNAC.  Best of the rest battle.

I think Caston could compete and maybe beat North White. 

I thought last year Caston was better then North White. 

13 minutes ago, nickelbackjack said:

By the way and for the record Pioneer won without their starting guards, TE, OT, middle linebacker and SS and still won by 3 TDs 

So much for not having any depth 

6 guys short?

poorly officiated?

who were the guys that were out?

what was so bad about the officiating?

i believe laville was short a cpl starters to if I’m not mistaken.

14 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

6 guys short?

poorly officiated?

Without going thru every detail, the first Laville TD should've been called back........

2 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

6 guys short?

poorly officiated?

I believe Koby James and Gaumer (who was doing his best Ali impression against us week 2) were two of the cats out. Both are two way players. 

2 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

6 guys short?

poorly officiated?

I heard LaVille was in Pioneer's red zone 4 times and didn't score. How many times did Pioneer get in LaVille's redzone and not score. ? 

13 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I think Caston could compete and maybe beat North White. 

I thought last year Caston was better then North White. 

The Caston vs West Central game was a good one and Caston had a chance to win at the end.