Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 3

I had a great weekend with the family at Great Wolfs Lodge, now I'm back to talk some football. Updated WRC power rankings.

1. Parke Heritage Wolves - The only thing more explosive than the Wolfs offense is my diarrhea after a trip to Long John Silvers. If I could pick one WRC coach to sail around the world with, I think it might be Brian Moore.

2. Attica Red Ramblerves - I really didn't expect a 50-14 score against an improving Clinton Prairie team. I'd love some info on that.

3. North Vermillion Falconves - Are the Falcons a passing team now?

4. South Vermillion Wildcatves - I think the program has turned the corner. They will win games this year. If I could pick one WRC coach to sail around the world with, I think it might be Greg Barrett.

5. Covington Trojanves - If there's a better 0-2 team in Indiana I'd like to see them. 

6. Seeger Patriotves - Herb King got the engine back on track with a big win Friday night. Who cleaned up the poop in Herb's yard on Saturday? If I could pick one WRC coach to sail around the world with, I think it might be Herb King.

7. Riverton Parke Pantherves - Big win for the Panthers. Wonder when the last time they beast Fountain Central was?

8. Fountain Central Mustangves - I'm hearing it is a rebuilding year for the Mustangs. Great programs don't stay down for long though.

1). I don’t see anyone coming within 20 points of the Wolves.  That offense is a pure juggernaut.  Do they really onside kick on every kick?

2). I think Attica is the team of the year in the WRC.  They went from not having a team to being the second best team!

3). 7-2 regular season for the Falcons is not too shabby.

4). Maybe we have gotten to where the Mildcats aren’t so mild anymore?  But I’m not sure their postseason chances look real good?

5). If I’m a Covington fan I want a new schedule!  SV, PH, and NV in first 3 weeks?  Ouch!

6). In Herb we trust.

7). I’ve heard big things are happening at RP these days.  Only a matter of time before that school turns into a football factory.

8). My how the mighty have fallen?  Would it be the same if a certain HOF coach was still there?

16 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

North Central at Parke Heritage

Covington at North Vermillion

Seeger at Attica

Riverton Park at South Vermillion

Eastern Hancock at Fountain Central

Parke Heritage 63, North Central 12

North Vermillion 31, Covington 13

Seeger 26, Attica 24 (regardless of score, I think this will be the closest contest in the last 10 years between these 2 rivals)

South Vermillion 41, Riverton Parke 20

Eastern Hancock 35, Fountain Central 14

17 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Seeger at Attica

PH 78-6. Moore gets revenge for rest of Wabash valley for NC’s previous coach tactics. So should all other teams IMO. Wonder if he’s having success in the big city? 

NV 28-24 game of the week!

Attica 28-14 

SV 42-7

EC 40-10 

Wolves vs Trojans- PH started out pretty slow and turned the ball over in the first possession. Very sluggish and bad decisions but scored 60 in the 2nd/3rd quarter. Seemed to have success running the ball to a certain extent, had around 200 rushing yards. Defensively brown was contained on every run he had besides his 65 yard touchdown. He can fly! Our secondary couldn’t seem to make plays on their receivers as Brown threw perfect passes all night, I was impressed with his arm. They are pretty dang good. 

Anyone saying the wolves are favorites by 20 is simply trying to make bulletin board material for other schools. We will find out next next week vs Attica how good they are. 

North Vermillion seemed to make some adjustments later in the game to pull away from the wildcats. Lot closer than expected in my opinion. Seems the Wildcats were outcoached. Falcons remain the WRC and sectional favorite until proven otherwise. 

How does Attica stay so competitive with such low numbers? 

30 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Attica is the most underrated football program in the WRC. They win 8-9 games most every year. They've played in several sectional championship games, losing to some pretty good teams. They squeeze every drop out of it over there.

But if you had to sail around the world with one WRC coach who would it be? Ryan Good?

1 hour ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Parke Heritage 63, North Central 12

North Vermillion 31, Covington 13

Seeger 26, Attica 24 (regardless of score, I think this will be the closest contest in the last 10 years between these 2 rivals)

South Vermillion 41, Riverton Parke 20

Eastern Hancock 35, Fountain Central 14

If you had to sail around the world with a WRC coach who would it be? Herb?

After watching the SV game, they have some guys that can play.   #29 is a stud.  To me, they should be capable of beating NV.   I personally think this team is better than the team they had two years ago.   Not sure if their record will be better.....time will tell.   Barrett is currently 11-11, which is pretty average.   Will be interesting to see how their season plays out.

2 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

PH 78-6. Moore gets revenge for rest of Wabash valley for NC’s previous coach tactics. So should all other teams IMO. Wonder if he’s having success in the big city? 

Attica 28-14 

SV 42-7

EC 40-10 

Wolves vs Trojans- PH started out pretty slow and turned the ball over in the first possession. Very sluggish and bad decisions but scored 60 in the 2nd/3rd quarter. Seemed to have success running the ball to a certain extent, had around 200 rushing yards. Defensively brown was contained on every run he had besides his 65 yard touchdown. He can fly! Our secondary couldn’t seem to make plays on their receivers as Brown threw perfect passes all night, I was impressed with his arm. They are pretty dang good. 

Anyone saying the wolves are favorites by 20 is simply trying to make bulletin board material for other schools. We will find out next next week vs Attica how good they are. 

North Vermillion seemed to make some adjustments later in the game to pull away from the wildcats. Lot closer than expected in my opinion. Seems the Wildcats were outcoached. Falcons remain the WRC and sectional favorite until proven otherwise. 

Oh come on, the Wolves have scored 112 points in just 2 games.  You even admitted they scored 60 points in just 2 quarters last Friday.  That is what I call an offensive juggernaut!  I’ll take PH by 35+ against Attica next week.

51 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Oh come on, the Wolves have scored 112 points in just 2 games.  You even admitted they scored 60 points in just 2 quarters last Friday.  That is what I call an offensive juggernaut!  I’ll take PH by 35+ against Attica next week.

PH scored 51 & 52 in those games last year.  Does it mean anything? 

4 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Attica 28-14 

SV 42-7

EC 40-10 

All I can go by is the scores of their games and the people I have talked to who have seen them play.  It sounds like they (PH) just can’t be stopped on offense.  If they score 50 every game, who stays within 20 of them?  The WRC has been a solid football conference through the years, but this team seems to be an anomaly on the offensive side of the ball. 

All I can go by is the scores of their games and the people I have talked to who have seen them play.  It sounds like they (PH) just can’t be stopped on offense.  If they score 50 every game, who stays within 20 of them?  The WRC has been a solid football conference through the years, but this team seems to be an anomaly on the offensive side of the ball. 

On 9/2/2019 at 7:48 PM, wrcsage said:

1). I don’t see anyone coming within 20 points of the Wolves.  That offense is a pure juggernaut.  Do they really onside kick on every kick?

2). I think Attica is the team of the year in the WRC.  They went from not having a team to being the second best team!

3). 7-2 regular season for the Falcons is not too shabby.

4). Maybe we have gotten to where the Mildcats aren’t so mild anymore?  But I’m not sure their postseason chances look real good?

5). If I’m a Covington fan I want a new schedule!  SV, PH, and NV in first 3 weeks?  Ouch!

6). In Herb we trust.

7). I’ve heard big things are happening at RP these days.  Only a matter of time before that school turns into a football factory.

8). My how the mighty have fallen?  Would it be the same if a certain HOF coach was still there?

Yes.

On 9/2/2019 at 6:26 PM, Tanka Jahari said:

Seeger at Attica

PH 66-6.  If this new mercy rule wasn’t in place I’d predict triple digits for the PH juggernaut offense against the badly outmatched T-Birds.

NV 38-21.  I’d predict this game closer but everyone seems to think it will be close because of last year.  I will take the opposite opinion!

Attica 38-6.  Ramblers are the best going out of business team in the state!

SV 40-0. The Panthers has their day in the sun last week.  

EH 36-0.  Poor FC.

9 hours ago, wrcsage said:

PH 66-6.  If this new mercy rule wasn’t in place I’d predict triple digits for the PH juggernaut offense against the badly outmatched T-Birds.

NV 38-21.  I’d predict this game closer but everyone seems to think it will be close because of last year.  I will take the opposite opinion!

Attica 38-6.  Ramblers are the best going out of business team in the state!

SV 40-0. The Panthers has their day in the sun last week.  

EH 36-0.  Poor FC.

Heard a little  talk about PH being the team to beat in the WRC  I think that NV may hold that honor.

11 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

NV jv beats wolves by 2. 36-34 

nv was huge and ran the ball every play. Johnson kid is gonna be real good. They threw it every play. Lol 

NV has never been huge when I've had the chance to watch them over the years. Usually always small and quick on the lines.

I heard the Wolfs had low numbers in the Jr high. I hope that isn't the case.