Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 3

We should probably find a new person to start the weekly WRC discussion since who knows how long it will take my posts to "approved". 

Just in case they decide to randomly ban me for no reason, I'll close with this. Long live Brian Moore and Herb King, long live Great Wolfs Lodge, and long live the best small school football conference in the state of Indiana. May the Wabash River never stop flowing through God's country.

7 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

If I could pick one WRC coach to sail around the world with, it might be Brian Crabtree. I bet he would be helpful with the rigging.

I’m a one man woof pack and can handle my own boat, I swear to God I can. But if I want to beat Brian Moores and be the WRC favorite every year I’m picking Crabtrees and I’ll say it right to your face. I gotta go 

On 9/3/2019 at 4:03 PM, wrcsage said:

All I can go by is the scores of their games and the people I have talked to who have seen them play.  It sounds like they (PH) just can’t be stopped on offense.  If they score 50 every game, who stays within 20 of them?  The WRC has been a solid football conference through the years, but this team seems to be an anomaly on the offensive side of the ball. 

Teams who are disciplined on defense. If I remember correctly Parke Heritage was putting up the same numbers last year until they started playing teams who have discipline on the defensive side of the ball. Now I’m no thunder chicken but I know north central graduated some dudes last year. This year, the wolves will have their way with them.

38 minutes ago, Wabash River said:

Teams who are disciplined on defense. If I remember correctly Parke Heritage was putting up the same numbers last year until they started playing teams who have discipline on the defensive side of the ball. Now I’m no thunder chicken but I know north central graduated some dudes last year. This year, the wolves will have their way with them.

Last year the wolves were offensively lucky. Nobody knew what they were doing. Moore struggled to get plays in. 

This year has been different. They are faster, smarter, bigger and stronger than last year, they have the offense down.  Moore is yelling plays before the last play was over. When they are in sync, they go stupid fast. Could have scored 80 vs Seeger and another 30 va Trojans in the fourth. They are much improved and better on the offensive line as well. The entire offense Still a long way to go. But they are better than last year by 100%. 

My son said when they watch film they can’t believe how bad they were last year and how much they have learned.  

So I guess comparing scores to last year doesn’t mean much to me. Covington seemed like a disciplined sound defense in my book. 

I would say a lot of these new posters aren’t from PH but love making bulletin board material for woody hayes and Barrett. 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:53 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

Any injuries that could affect games this week? I've heard some scuttlebutt. 

If I had to sail around the world with a WRC coach, I might choose Brad Sanders. He seems like he would be great at hoisting the main sail.

Maybe you can take some WOLVES with you for protection on you little sailing trip

• Haha 1

Someone asked how does Attica field a competitive team with such low numbers.

Last year before the sectionals drawing I asked my son who he would brather face. PH or Attica?

He said "PH. I think Attica just throws bricks at each other the whole practice. They are the toughest players we face every year."

So that's how Attica does it. They are the toughest.

Former “Palucci’sSpecial68” here. Locked out of my account and forgot my password. But I am back folks! Seems like the same bulletin board material as last year... “PH IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE WRC THIS YEAR!!!” Just stop with those comments. When Moore plays a all around disciplined defense, the scores will be lower. Putting 50-60 on Seeger and Covington does not impress me. The scores against NC, SV, and NV will impress me the most. PH is good don’t get me wrong, just tired of folks gassing them up after two weeks of football lol. We saw what happened last year.. 😕

• Like 1