Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 3 in the MIC/HCC

17-7 after two weeks, tied with Neddenriep in a contest he doesn't know he is participating in.

Here we go:

Center Grove @ Carmel

Center Grove's opening schedule is just brutal, especially for a team without their best player.  As I stated about Warren breaking in a new QB in another thread, their schedule does them no favors early in the season.  I do think that both of their scores in the opening two weeks were a bit misleading as they had Warren on the ropes and New Pal scored late to break the game open.  I don't see it getting much easier on the north side in the battle for the "Copper Kettle."  I will take Carmel in a low-scoring game 20-14.

Lawrence Central vs Lawrence North (@ LOS)

I think these are two programs headed in opposite directions and I was wrong in the preseason as I had LC as the breakout team in the MIC/township.  I think LN gets it done downtown.  Lawrence North 31-17.

North Central (Indy) @ Warren Central

I think that the strength of both of these squads is defense as their offenses are a work in progress.  I see another low scoring battle here.  Warren 23-10.

Pike @ Ben Davis

I hate to use the term "must win", especially this early in the season, but BD needs this one badly.  One could arguably make the case that they have lost to the top two teams in 6A.  However, they need some pride to avoid the "west side trifecta".  Wins are going to be hard to come by for Pike so this could be a statement win for their program.  I'll take Ben Davis 34-31.

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

17-7 after two weeks, tied with Neddenriep in a contest he doesn't know he is participating in.

Here we go:

Center Grove @ Carmel

Center Grove's opening schedule is just brutal, especially for a team without their best player.  As I stated about Warren breaking in a new QB in another thread, their schedule does them no favors early in the season.  I do think that both of their scores in the opening two weeks were a bit misleading as they had Warren on the ropes and New Pal scored late to break the game open.  I don't see it getting much easier on the north side in the battle for the "Copper Kettle."  I will take Carmel in a low-scoring game 20-14.

I think these are two programs headed in opposite directions and I was wrong in the preseason as I had LC as the breakout team in the MIC/township.  I think LN gets it done downtown.  Lawrence North 31-17.

I think that the strength of both of these squads is defense as their offenses are a work in progress.  I see another low scoring battle here.  Warren 23-10.

Pike @ Ben Davis

I hate to use the term "must win", especially this early in the season, but BD needs this one badly.  One could arguably make the case that they have lost to the top two teams in 6A.  However, they need some pride to avoid the "west side trifecta".  Wins are going to be hard to come by for Pike so this could be a statement win for their program.  I'll take Ben Davis 34-31.

You gonna do the HCC too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

Here we go:

Center Grove @ Carmel

Pike @ Ben Davis

Carmel, LN, Warren, and (I HOPE) BD. I doubt if the BD/Pike game is high scoring.

Avon @ Hamilton Southeastern

An interesting test for the Orioles who have yet to play a home game.  I think HSE keeps this one closer than many project.  Gimme Avon 30-23.

Fishers @ Noblesville

This is near a "must win" for Noblesville at home as they need to prove they can enter the top of tier 2 in the HCC.  I see this one coming down to the wire.  Gimme Fishers 20-16.

Franklin Central @ Brownsburg

Franklin Central is obviously improved but beating Brownsburg is too tall of a task in my opinion.  Gimme the 'Dogs 31-13.

Westfield @ Zionsville

A very underrated game as I could see this one going either way.  A true coin flip.  Westfield prevails 24-23.

3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Carmel, LN, Warren, and (I HOPE) BD. I doubt if the BD/Pike game is high scoring.

Attended the Avon/BD game.  The Giants look very undisciplined, at times disorganized, and really a not very good football team.  To top it off they don't have the one talented athlete that can make plays.  

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

Avon @ Hamilton Southeastern

An interesting test for the Orioles who have yet to play a home game.  I think HSE keeps this one closer than many project.  Gimme Avon 30-23.

Fishers @ Noblesville

This is near a "must win" for Noblesville at home as they need to prove they can enter the top of tier 2 in the HCC.  I see this one coming down to the wire.  Gimme Fishers 20-16.

Franklin Central @ Brownsburg

Franklin Central is obviously improved but beating Brownsburg is too tall of a task in my opinion.  Gimme the 'Dogs 31-13.

Westfield @ Zionsville

A very underrated game as I could see this one going either way.  A true coin flip.  Westfield prevails 24-23.

I don't believe in "trap" games, but if they do exist, the HSE game is one for Avon.  They are certainly looking toward their first home game, a certain capacity crowd vs. Brownsburg.  But, will Avon be coming off a loss?  VERY possible.  They still have a lot to clean up.  Too many penalties......... and not much of a run game.

17 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Attended the Avon/BD game.  The Giants look very undisciplined, at times disorganized, and really a not very good football team.  To top it off they don't have the one talented athlete that can make plays.  

I don't think I can argue against anything. I think they have the potential to be good if they can correct what ails them. Daylan Carnell is that athlete, but he didn't get many touches on offense.

Carmel over Center Grove 20-17.  Best game of the week and will probably come down to the last 2 minutes of the game.

Lawrence North over Lawrence Central 35-14.

LC is a bad team this year.  Very undisciplined and poorly coached.  Thankfully this game is at Lucas Oil Stadium so the LN students won’t rush the field and tear down the goal posts after the game like they did in 2003.

Warren Central and Ben Davis should both win by double digits.

Avon should win in a blowout IF they stay focused this week and don’t look ahead to the Brownsburg game.  I trust that Mark Bless and his coaching staff will have Avon ready to play on Friday night.

Fishers and Brownsburg will both dominate their respective opponents.

Westfield by 7 over Zionsville in a very underrated game this week.

6 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Carmel over Center Grove 20-17.  Best game of the week and will probably come down to the last 2 minutes of the game.

LC is a bad team this year.  Very undisciplined and poorly coached.  Thankfully this game is at Lucas Oil Stadium so the LN students won’t rush the field and tear down the goal posts after the game like they did in 2003.

Avon should win in a blowout IF they stay focused this week and don’t look ahead to the Brownsburg game.  I trust that Mark Bless and his coaching staff will have Avon ready to play on Friday night.

What's the deal?  Rodenberg was a very successful coach in the Buckeye state and has a solid resume.  I understand it taking time and year 1 being given a pass but what in the heck is going on in your opinion?  

Edited by Guest

On 9/5/2019 at 1:04 AM, LC_Bears_04 said:

Never been more happy to be dead wrong in my life!  I'm shocked.  Absolutely shocked that LC won tonight.  They looked like a completely different team tonight than they did the first two weeks.  Extremely proud that they didn't quit and figured this thing out.  That's 2 years in a row now that LC has turned things around and beaten LN in week 3 after looking not so great in the first 2 games.  15 WINS IN A ROW FOR LC AGAINST LN!

Edited by LC_Bears_04

Carmel-CG went about how I expected it to go, as did WC-NC. I think the two surprises were BD-Pike and obviously LC-LN. Is this going to be the start of turning the corner for LC or was it just LN maybe not being quite as good as what we thought? Sometimes getting into conference play will do that to you. 

44 minutes ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

In your estimation, was it more about Pike making serious strides or more of BD having a lot of work to do?

Both.  Pike’s coaching staff impressed me as did BD’s ability to overcome adversity.

That pick six on the opening drive was BAAAAD.

7-1 this week...