Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 3 (first week of conference play)

Finally starting CIC play!

Alexandria at FranktonFrom what i have been hearing Alexandria should win this one, don't know much about either team.

Blackford at Oak Hill- Interested in this game, i thought going into the season Blackford would beat OH easily, but on John Harrell they have the eagles winning.

Elwood at Mississinewa- Ole Miss by however many they want to. 

Madison-Grant at EastbrookCan Eastbrook finally win a game? or does MG put 4 quarters together and leave Eastbrook with the win and some Ivanhoes on the way home?

The CIC had 4 wins and 12 losses collectively through the first 2 weeks, I know the non-conference schedules have been made tougher, but that's pretty abysmal.  I can promise 4 CIC wins per week from here on out though. : )

I might actually attend homecoming at Frankton Friday night and have a cold one at Bernie's after Alexandria wins the game by a TD.

Blackford wins at the only Swayzee in the world and Converse(s) all the way home on the bus about illegally recruiting basketball players to Hartford City

Mississinewa wins by 1,000 points but the Panthers get to eat at Friendly's on Saturday morning and that helps them get over the horrible beat down

MG suffers another defeat and it's not even close, the Panthers are frustrated and hungry and take out their frustrations on the Argylls.

I was in Oregon last week and took a break from the GID only to come back to some smack talk on the Week 2 thread. Love it! Love the delusional confidence from the MG fan. I know he doesn't speak for the Argyll faithful as a whole but I've got to admit, I'm still giggling at all the posturing about how MG is now a darkhorse contender for the conference bronze medal based on a couple good quarters against a down Tipton squad? Take it from me, it's much more fun to sit back and embrace the suckage. Leave that bar low and keep playing on house money until you're really ready to beat your chest at the upper crust. That's solid prep for the real world anyway. Hang with us bottom-feeders and enjoy the low hanging fruit. Big girls need love too. I mean I couldn't tell you how many Myspace posts I made about beating Wabash or Alex by 50 when I was in school. That's the good stuff right there. 

Also, I'll bet someone in here a cold Bud Ice from the Silver Dollar that Elwood topples at least 1 of the following teams: MG, Frankton, Alex, Oak Hill, or Blackford. Strange things happen when you start getting uppity. Conference season is here. Lets get weird. 

• Like 2

Alex at Frankton--Alex barely got by Wes-Del in the opener and then lost to Wabash.  Frankton has talent but can't seem to find it all on the same night.  Alex is getting some votes in the 2A polls.  John Harrell as Frankton winning this one but he has been known to be wrong.  Alex wins this one in a close game.

Blackford at Oak Hill--OH is trying to figure things out.  I thought Blackford would be 2-0 this week but they opened against a very good Monroe Central team.  Harrel has OH winning this game by scoring more points in one game than they have all season thus far.  In the end Blackford starts CIC play 1-0.

Madison Grant at Eastbrook--MG has made a lot of improvements and was able to keep a good Tipton team at bay.  Eastbrook has had the toughest opening 2 games that they have every had and lost both to 4A schools.  Eastbrook is still ranked #10 in the IFCA poll but has dropped out of this week's AP poll.  Eastbrook though gets things going despite MG's improvements and wins.  Eastbrook wins by a TD.

Elwood at Mississinewa--Mississinewa moved up to #4 in the IFCA poll and #5 in the AP poll.  Mississinewa is just too big up front for Elwood.  The Campbell brothers get the 4th quarter off this week along with the rest of the starters as they begin prepping for Eastbrook next week.  Elwood may score but won't be until the Freshman come in for Mississinewa.  Mississinewa wins this one by as much as they want to.  

• Like 1

Frankton - They've got some dudes in positions, but not the roster to be a contender.  Think they can grind this one out, though.  Tigers scheme is fun for summer 7 on 7, but tough in season once teams come right at you.  Eagles by two scores

Oak Hill - Bud and the boys will be ready.  They've got enough horses up front to defend a Power offense.  Blackford preseason hype was necessary, but sadly reality will set in as the season goes on.

Mississinewa - By as much as they want.  Mississinewa needs to give much thought on how beating up on bottom dwellers of the CIC gives them success from a long term standpoint.  Elwood will hang some points on people this year and will be all right in the near future.

Eastbrook - Losses to Marion/Delta don't spell doom for the year.  They've got multiple weeks to recover and have enough to work with to wreak havoc come conference play.

Thoughts on other teams in the area?  Tipton or Eastern-Greentown, could they surprise some teams in sectional 36?  Lapel have a chance if they meet Eastbrook?  Delta...Can Mississinewa play with them, or did Eastbrook score get out of hand?  

15 minutes ago, irishuncle411 said:

Thoughts on other teams in the area?  Tipton or Eastern-Greentown, could they surprise some teams in sectional 36?  Lapel have a chance if they meet Eastbrook?  Delta...Can Mississinewa play with them, or did Eastbrook score get out of hand?  

Tipton lost a ton from a very talented team last year and is only playing a few seniors. They’re a team who might be a year away but I think will improve all season long and could compete for a Sectional. Next year expectations will be high again. As for MG and Elwood, I think both programs are going in the right direction. MG was much more physical this year than a year ago and it seems the kids are buying in. They’re a team that you need to get up early on. If not they’ll hang around with you. Good ball control offense. Elwood played just a few kids both ways and several were sophomores and at least one freshman. You can tell the new coach is willing to take his lumps now but wants to get as many youngsters some experience now. In a couple years I think they will be solid. 

Going with Alexandria over frankton. Frankton just comes up a little short. 

Blackford controls time of possession and gets the win. 

Mississinewa soon to be CIC CHAMPS runs over Elwood. 

Eastbrook wins the battle of two offensively challenged teams. Eastbrook D is still more dominant. (The world starts to  be whole again. 

Alex wins this one, Bernie's sales double for the night.

Blackford gets a win 4 yards at a time.

Ole Miss the Campbell brothers make the Elwood D look like a bowl of soup.

Eastbrook takes my Argylls to the whooping shed. Win or lose would like to see MG put 4 quarters together.

Shock the world Argylls lets get a rare win over the Panthers.   OK leave me to my delusions.   Go Argylls!!!

19 hours ago, Scottish_Warrior said:

Going with Alexandria over frankton. Frankton just comes up a little short. 

Blackford controls time of possession and gets the win. 

Mississinewa soon to be CIC CHAMPS runs over Elwood. 

Eastbrook wins the battle of two offensively challenged teams. Eastbrook D is still more dominant. (The world starts to  be whole again. 

What the hell is an Argyll anyway?

Alex @ Frankton - Alex hasn’t performed quite to the level I thought they would in the first few weeks but I still feel they can be a good football team. Frankton sounds like they have some talent but are still trying to put things together. I’ll take Alex by 14!

Blackford @ Oak Hill - This is an interesting game! Really expected Blackford to be 2-0 and have heard Oak Hill has been making a lot of improvements. Blackford loss to a good Monroe Central team and Oak Hill lost a close game to a good Eastern team. I think Blackford will pull ahead late and win by a touchdown or two. 

Madison Grant @ Eastbrook - If MG doesn’t let Eastbrook jump out early, which is what killed them last week I think this could be a really good game. Both offenses really chew up the clock especially MG but in the end I think Eastbrooks defense proves to be too tough and they pull ahead in the second half. Eastbrook by 10-14. 

Elwood @ Ole Miss - Mississinewa by however much they want. 

So I have done A LOT of research this week to better prepare myself for this weeks picks.  And when say A LOT I mean......none.

Frankton over Alex by 15

Blackford over Oak Hill by 2

Eastbrook over Madison Grant by 17

Ole Miss over Elwood by 53

How did I come up with those numbers?????  Let's just say I had a vision.  

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, ED78 said:

Alex wins this one, Bernie's sales double for the night.

Blackford gets a win 4 yards at a time.

Ole Miss the Campbell brothers make the Elwood D look like a bowl of soup.

Eastbrook takes my Argylls to the whooping shed. Win or lose would like to see MG put 4 quarters together.

Shock the world Argylls lets get a rare win over the Panthers.   OK leave me to my delusions.   Go Argylls!!!

Question-- Does Elwood win a game this year?

On 9/4/2019 at 6:27 PM, captainobvious said:

Congratulations on learning the proper spelling instead of the incorrect Argyle you were using.

Here's the cut and paste, with a little more information, from my previous response to your inquiry.

The mascot and symbolism came from a Gent named J. Scott Campbell, a proud Scotsman who resided near the Madison County village of Leisure. (Lay-zure not Lee-zure)
Based on the history of  the Scottish county of Argyll and surrounding area.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maynard111 said:

Congratulations on learning the proper spelling instead of the incorrect Argyle you were using.

Here's the cut and paste, with a little more information, from my previous response to your inquiry.

The mascot and symbolism came from a Gent named J. Scott Campbell, a proud Scotsman who resided near the Madison County village of Leisure. (Lay-zure not Lee-zure)
Based on the history of  the Scottish county of Argyll and surrounding area.