Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Vincennes Lincoln at Floyd Central

8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I know that there are a lot of Aces fans on here. I just wanted to hear your takes on the game and some scouting on your team. Thanks.

Thanks for starting the thread!

Wow how time flies! 16 years ago these teams played for the 4A Sectional 16 title in Floyd Knobs, a game the Alices would win 31-21, and they haven’t met since that time. Ironically, current Lincoln head coach Levi Salters was a senior linebacker on that squad. I remember the Highlanders were loaded with talent that season and were probably sectional favorites that year.

Vincennes’ success would continue under then head coach Mike Hidde with another sectional championship in 2006, the year he retired. The decade that followed, however, was a forgettable one that saw the Alices post only 2 winning seasons. When Salters was hired in 2017, there was an immediate impact across the whole program. The wins are back up, as are varsity numbers, and the youth program is as good as I’ve seen in a long time. 

I’ll give more of a breakdown on the 2019 Alices a little later. Curious to hear Floyd Centrals story over the past several years.

Edited by SEAL_63

3 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Thanks for starting the thread!

Wow how time flies! 16 years ago these teams played for the 4A Sectional 16 title in Floyd Knobs, a game the Alices would win 31-21, and they haven’t met since that time. Ironically, current Lincoln head coach Levi Salters was a senior linebacker on that squad. I remember the Highlanders were loaded with talent that season and were probably sectional favorites that year.

Vincennes’ success would continue under then head coach Mike Hidde with another sectional championship in 2006, the year he retired. The decade that followed, however, was a forgettable one that saw the Alices post only 2 winning seasons. When Salters was hired in 2017, there was an immediate impact across the whole program. The wins are back up, as are varsity numbers, and the youth program is as good as I’ve seen in a long time. 

I’ll give more of a breakdown on the 2019 Alices a little later. Curious to hear Floyd Centrals story over the past several years.

Since then we won a Sectional Championship in 2009. We have finished Runner-Up in the Sectional several times to teams like Castle, Whiteland, and Columbus East. We typically finish about 2nd or 3rd in the Hoosier Hills Conference to perennial powerhouse Columbus East who hasn’t lost a conference game since 2006. Decent, steady program.

20 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Since then we won a Sectional Championship in 2009. We have finished Runner-Up in the Sectional several times to teams like Castle, Whiteland, and Columbus East. We typically finish about 2nd or 3rd in the Hoosier Hills Conference to perennial powerhouse Columbus East who hasn’t lost a conference game since 2006. Decent, steady program.

Sounds like a good run for FC against some stellar competition. 

Looking forward to this Friday, I think the Highlanders have the upper hand. As I stated, there’s much to be excited about for Lincoln this season and beyond, but this team is inexperienced at key positions on offense at this point of the season. Points have been hard to come by so far. I’ve heard rumbles of changes at certain positions, so there may be some new faces come tomorrow night. This bodes well for Floyd. 

On the flip side, the VL defense has been nothing short of outstanding, maybe the best defense Salters has had in his 3 years as HC. Unless FC poses a major passing threat, I think the Lincoln D can keep this close through most of the game. 

FC 20   VL 12

Good luck to both teams. 

Edited by SEAL_63

2 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Sounds like a good run for FC against some stellar competition. 

Looking forward to this Friday, I think the Highlanders have the upper hand. As I stated, there’s much to be excited about for Lincoln this season and beyond, but this team is inexperienced at key positions on offense at this point of the season. Points have been hard to come by so far. I’ve heard rumbles of changes at certain positions, so there may be some new faces come tomorrow night. This bodes well for Floyd. 

On the flip side, the VL defense has been nothing short of outstanding, maybe the best defense Salters has had in his 3 years as HC. Unless FC poses a major passing threat, I think the Lincoln D can keep this close through most of the game. 

FC 20   VL 12

Good luck to both teams. 

I’d say we are more a running team right now. Our QB is a Jr and he’s a pretty good sized kid and he has a pretty good arm, but he’s been off a little bit. Our O-Line is pretty big this year and they have played decently so far. Our tailback is by far our best Offensive player. He might be one of the better RB that you guys see this season. If he gets to your Secondary it’s a high chance that he will bust to the endzone. Defensively we have been pretty decent. It’s a hard team to gauge because we played a top 3 team in the State of Kentucky. And then followed that up by playing 2A team that isn’t on our level. So this is probably our first matchup opponent. I hope your team and fans have a safe trip down here and back.

14 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I’d say we are more a running team right now. Our QB is a Jr and he’s a pretty good sized kid and he has a pretty good arm, but he’s been off a little bit. Our O-Line is pretty big this year and they have played decently so far. Our tailback is by far our best Offensive player. He might be one of the better RB that you guys see this season. If he gets to your Secondary it’s a high chance that he will bust to the endzone. Defensively we have been pretty decent. It’s a hard team to gauge because we played a top 3 team in the State of Kentucky. And then followed that up by playing 2A team that isn’t on our level. So this is probably our first matchup opponent. I hope your team and fans have a safe trip down here and back.

You can't help yourself, can you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SPARKS said:

You can't help yourself, can you?

What is the issue here? They have beaten them several years in a row and Providence took Floyd Central off their schedule. This isn’t a slight to Providence at all. It just isn’t a matchup opponent.

Edited by Fkfootball