Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The New PAC

2 hours ago, Cappy said:

Wood Memorial left the PAC in 2000

Where have I been? But then again, I sometimes have to remind myself that Tell City and Gibson Southern aren't Big 8 schools either. Old habits, I guess.

And great looking schedule for the Big PAC Titans!

39 minutes ago, tango said:

Great schedule.  Kudos to GS.  It will be interesting to see if the other PAC powers (HH & BV) take the same opportunity to beef up the schedules.  GS sure has.  

Not sure about Booneville, but the rumor is HH will keep Southridge and South Spencer because of the proximity and rivalry.  That leaves two open dates, not sure what kind of scheduling nightmare that will lead to trying to find games.  

11 minutes ago, Coach_K said:

Are the Southport and Columbus North games just 2 years or will they be longer?

Not sure about Columbus North but Southport is a 4 year deal starting this year. 

8 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Absolutely agree with SOS, and tested..........but could you also add the words beaten up?????

At least we have weeks 7 and 8 to heal. :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Really hoping Southridge can follow suit and add some tougher games to prepare for sectionals especially with HH and GS in our sectional.. Not a big fan of the Small School division when it comes to strength of schedule and good competition.

Question, will there be 2 PAC conference champions?

11 minutes ago, Sacked said:

Not sure about Columbus North but Southport is a 4 year deal starting this year. 

At least we have weeks 7 and 8 to heal. :classic_biggrin:

Didn't mean that in a bad way towards GS or was I insinuating the 6A is just going to line up and pound a 3A school.  But..........weeks 1 & 2 & 4 are in pretty much back to back to back weeks and could be really take its toll on a team.  JMO

5 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Really hoping Southridge can follow suit and add some tougher games to prepare for sectionals especially with HH and GS in our sectional.. Not a big fan of the Small School division when it comes to strength of schedule and good competition.

That's the word on the street.........small school champ and large school champ.

11 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

The first post with the announcement from the PAC says that each division will have a champion.

Maybe I am nit picking here but aim am curious of this.......why wasn't SR who has teetered on the 3A/2A line in previous years not bumped to the LED and Tecumseh put in the SED???  Seven teams in one division and 6 in the other?  The reason I ask is SR would compete for a conference title year in and year out in the large division no doubt, and Tecumseh would be competitive as well in the smaller division.  It just makes sense.  Thoughts?????

10 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Maybe I am nit picking here but aim am curious of this.......why wasn't SR who has teetered on the 3A/2A line in previous years not bumped to the LED and Tecumseh put in the SED???  Seven teams in one division and 6 in the other?  The reason I ask is SR would compete for a conference title year in and year out in the large division no doubt, and Tecumseh would be competitive as well in the smaller division.  It just makes sense.  Thoughts?????

My understanding is that Tecumseh was giving an opportunity to get in....didn't want it.

6 minutes ago, sr1 said:

I have no idea why Tecumseh was not brought back in for football. If they had been included and you put 7 teams in the LED they Pike Central would have been the team to move into the LED based on enrollment. 

I understand by enrollment Pike was the one to move..........but since looking purely at the competitive aspect coupled with the fact that SR is already close to 3A in enrollment......I would vote for SR to move up.

2 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

My understanding is that Tecumseh was giving an opportunity to get in....didn't want it.

WHY????  I mean how could they not have benefited from it??