Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The New PAC

7 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I understand by enrollment Pike was the one to move..........but since looking purely at the competitive aspect coupled with the fact that SR is already close to 3A in enrollment......I would vote for SR to move up.

I agree with you but I thought that SR was the ones that wanted to be in the SED. I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere on here, just too lazy to look it up. 

1 hour ago, Coach_K said:

Are the Southport and Columbus North games just 2 years or will they be longer?

2 years for CN and OS.  Obviously those can be extended if both parties enjoyed the setup.  KY schools have to do it that way because the reclassify every 2 years.  We ended up going 2 rounds with Henderson when they were on the schedule.

Edited by Titan32
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sacked said:

I agree with you but I thought that SR was the ones that wanted to be in the SED. I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere on here, just too lazy to look it up. 

I hope that's not true... you would think they would want to play better competition/sectional opponents. Being Southridge and winning the SED is like kissing your sister.

I’ve always heard SOS didn’t mean much.....JK. 

Congrats and what a great schedule. HH and Boonville need to follow suit. 

Congrats to the parents and fans. It’s nice not looking at most opponents and being able to name the score. 

New Pac looks nice with flexibility 

37 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I hope that's not true... you would think they would want to play better competition/sectional opponents. Being Southridge and winning the SED is like kissing your sister.

Couldn't have said it better, where as if Pike were to happen to shock the conference I am sure they would be very happy as a community!!  Ala 1986!!!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Who is going to be enough  better competition from the LED for Southridge other than Boonville to be worth moving up? From the information we have seen so far Gibson Southern and Heritage Hills will remain on the schedule. Boonville is just on a high right now and we will see if they can maintain this level. They have only had 8 winning seasons in the last 25 years. In the last 10 years only 5 winning records.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Who is going to be enough  better competition from the LED for Southridge other than Boonville to be worth moving up? From the information we have seen so far Gibson Southern and Heritage Hills will remain on the schedule. Boonville is just on a high right now and we will see if they can maintain this level. They have only had 8 winning seasons in the last 25 years. In the last 10 years only 5 winning records.

Not trying to disagree to just disagree but:

Booneville or Tell City

Princeton or North Posey

Mt. Vernon or South Spencer

Washington or Pike 

Was just trying to say that even though the teams may not be powerhouses by any means it stills seems like better competition IMO

3 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Booneville or Tell City

Princeton or North Posey

Washington or Pike 

Was just trying to say that even though the teams may not be powerhouses by any means it stills seems like better competition IMO

Ho lord I hate to say it but I agree with 74. 

18 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Booneville or Tell City

Princeton or North Posey

Washington or Pike 

I just have a few minutes right now before I will be away from the computer but one thing I did was look at Mt. Vernon and North Posey because they play every year. They are 13-13 against each other over the last 26 games. I already said Boonville might be the only team that Southridge won't play that would be a good game most years. Princeton has had 6 winning seasons over the last 25 years. 3 of those were in 1994,1995,and 1996. Washington has had 5 winning seasons over the last 25 years. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sr1 said:

All of them... All of them are better. See 74's comment. What does SR get out of playing the same bad teams year after year and "Winning" a small school conference when they know damn well they can compete in the LED.
GS can agree, i'm sure, but beating teams by significant amounts each week is great for your ranking and record, but what does that help a team come tournament time and you haven't had starters play all 4 quarters all year going into sectional?

3 minutes ago, sr1 said:

I just have a few minutes right now before I will be away from the computer but one thing I did was look at Mt. Vernon and North Posey because they play every year. They are 13-13 against each other over the last 26 games. I already said Boonville might be the only team that Southridge won't play that would be a good game most years. Princeton has had 6 winning seasons over the last 25 years. 3 of those were in 1994,1995,and 1996. Washington has had 5 winning seasons over the last 25 years. 

That's fine we don't have to agree on this one.

But Mt. Vernon beat Posey already this year and is getting better.  Pike hasn't won since 1986 and Princeton is also going in the right direction IMO......so maybe we are splitting hairs here.

Edited by Patriot 74

Per Sagarin. 

State rank Team Overall Rating
24 Southridge 85.2
53 Heritage Hills 69.51
103 Gibson Southern 58.35
119 Boonville 53.52
163 Princeton 41.68
178 Mount Vernon 38.97
229 Tell City 26.3
252 North Posey 16.74
255 Forest Park 16.61
263 Washington 12.83
264 South Spencer 12.62
317 Pike Central -27.39

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

That's fine we don't have to agree on this one.

But Mt. Vernon beat Posey already this year and is getting better.  Pike hasn't won since 1986 and Princeton is also going in the right direction IMO......so maybe we are splitting hairs here.

I have a hard time with Princeton going in the right direction. Princeton had back to back winning seasons and 3 out of the last 4 years with winning records under Coach Waylon Schenk. Coach Schenk is now trying to build North Posey thru some thin years. Princeton has gone 3-7 each of the last two years without Coach Schenk and are 0-2 to start this year. They have a chance to beat Washington this week but the rest of the year will be tough. 1-9 is possible.

7BCBAEA3-31D4-4936-9735-2AC6E3965DAB.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

All of them... All of them are better. See 74's comment. What does SR get out of playing the same bad teams year after year and "Winning" a small school conference when they know damn well they can compete in the LED.
GS can agree, i'm sure, but beating teams by significant amounts each week is great for your ranking and record, but what does that help a team come tournament time and you haven't had starters play all 4 quarters all year going into sectional?

A lot of you on here have no idea about a lot of things and how things went down. You just look and comment- which is fine I guess- but don’t sit here and throw shade at SR. I think our track record speaks for itself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sacked said:

Per Sagarin. 

State rank Team Overall Rating
24 Southridge 85.2
53 Heritage Hills 69.51
103 Gibson Southern 58.35
119 Boonville 53.52
163 Princeton 41.68
178 Mount Vernon 38.97
229 Tell City 26.3
252 North Posey 16.74
255 Forest Park 16.61
263 Washington 12.83
264 South Spencer 12.62
317 Pike Central -27.39

Wooof.  103rd right now. PC at -27?  I have only seen wood and union dugger in the negatives and I think both stopped playing football

After two weeks are we really putting much stock in the SAG ratings? I mean, I love the Raiders as much as anyone, but 24th in the state? Let's get real.... 

Also, SR has had plenty of post season success. I think they will be just fine playing small school and scheduling 4 others. HH and GS will be two of the 4.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

That same schedule minus Jasper got a State championship two years ago. Maybe we should wait and see who we pick up for that last game. I would like to see Southridge and Boonville play. Southridge played Jasper week #2 and Boonville played Vincennes in week #2 this year. Looks like that might be a possible game.

So I was just looking at the numbers...

Gibson Southerns 2020 schedule will have an average enrollment of 1064 students across the 9 game regular season (didn’t include central scrimmage because...its a scrimmage lol)

Gibson Southerns 2019 schedule has an average of enrollment of 694 students across 9 games. If you were to remove Southport that average is 499 students over the other 8 games 

Quite the challenge ahead that’s for sure, but I love this schedule.  Essentially going from a 2A schedule to a 4A schedule and making it where the team has to play their best football 9 weeks in a row. No days off 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

So I was just looking at the numbers...

Gibson Southerns 2020 schedule will have an average enrollment of 1064 students across the 9 game regular season (didn’t include central scrimmage because...its a scrimmage lol)

Gibson Southerns 2019 schedule has an average of enrollment of 694 students across 9 games. If you were to remove Southport that average is 499 students over the other 8 games 

Quite the challenge ahead that’s for sure, but I love this schedule.  Essentially going from a 2A schedule to a 4A schedule and making it where the team has to play their best football 9 weeks in a row. No days off 

No question GS has turned the realignment into a big positive.  I'm jealous.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tango said:

No question GS has turned the realignment into a big positive.  I'm jealous.    

I think my favorite aspect of this whole thing is Heritage Hills is fighting for the conference championship with GS and we keep Southridge. The two best PAC opponents we had and we get to keep them while getting a completely refreshed schedule. Nothing against the other PAC schools like tell city forest park and such but I tend to believe that they are just as happy as GS is when it comes to football and not having each other on their schedule.  

I was weary at first thinking the SIAC was the better move but I now feel GS is in a much better position living outside the SIAC still. The non conference flexibility is huge and I like that GS can change things up later on down the road if they feel it is appropriate....dare I say...play Chatard one of these years? Lol. That would be a fun regular season game 

Tentatively, the only change to Southridge's 2020 schedule will be a trade of Boonville for Jasper.  Tentative Non-Conference Opponents

Linton - Top 10 2A Program

Boonville - 4A school...Last Years Big 8 Champs and This Year's Favorite on Paper

Gibson Southern - Perennial Top 10 3A Team and Program

Heritage Hills - Perennial Top 10 3A Team and Program

I heard Southridge read some of the comments on here and reached out to Nick Saban about playing Alabama but unfortunately they couldn't get out of their LSU contract as they can't compete in the tournament without these types of games.

Southridge looks at their scheduling as a whole and the small schools you all want to disrespect on here have some really good coaches who have just gotten started and are going to continue to improve and as much as you all like to think there is a magic wand that people wave to make teams good or not good, football is a numbers game and especially at smaller schools, is cyclical in nature. 

Southridge respects the schools in this conference and what their coaches are trying to do and I'm certain feel confident this schedule, as it has for years and years and years will help them in preparation for the tournament as it always has.

On a side note, looking forward to the outcome of the TC/SS game tonight.  Two new coaches working really hard to improve their programs and generate some excitement in their communities and should be a great tweener game tonight.  

Good luck to everyone.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think my favorite aspect of this whole thing is Heritage Hills is fighting for the conference championship with GS and we keep Southridge. The two best PAC opponents we had and we get to keep them while getting a completely refreshed schedule. Nothing against the other PAC schools like tell city forest park and such but I tend to believe that they are just as happy as GS is when it comes to football and not having each other on their schedule.  

I was weary at first thinking the SIAC was the better move but I now feel GS is in a much better position living outside the SIAC still. The non conference flexibility is huge and I like that GS can change things up later on down the road if they feel it is appropriate....dare I say...play Chatard one of these years? Lol. That would be a fun regular season game 

Yep, GS definitely got rid of some annual blowouts.  For the most I have been against the SIAC adding 2 more schools and playing 2 divisions, but to have some football scheduling flexibility it might nice.  The downside (and I'm not saying this will happen to GS), is that it does get challenging finding non-conf opponents at times.    

• Like 1