Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC Power Poll Week 4

1.     Homestead - They just look good, plain and simple.

2.     Dwenger - SAC championship looming on Friday against Homestead.

3.     Snider - Good team, but lots of weaknesses exposed against Concordia.

4.     Carroll - Another solid win last night, neck and neck with Snider for 3rd place bragging rights.

5.     Concordia - Can't wait to see this team in the playoffs against similar enrollment schools. Gave Snider fits last Friday.

6.     Northrop - Not a bad team, just playing in a conference that is stacked at the top this year.

7.     Luers - Not even in the same league as the Big 4 this year. What's going on there? Major rebuilding year?

8.     Wayne - Difficult to say whether they are 8 or 9 at this point. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

9.     North Side - Not near as good as we expected or is the top of the SAC just THAT good?

10.   South Side - Showing some fight, but not ready for a leap in the standings as of yet. 

2 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Like I said over a month ago. I as a BD Guy, picked Homestead, and everyone laughed. I also said the Running back for Homestead would have a breakout year. 

I hope next week is a barnburner.  Love classics.

People have been laughing at comments like that for years, so I can't say I blame them. Snider and Dwenger have owned this conference. You were proven correct this year. Homestead is good. They've always had an offense that could compete statewide. The difference this year is that they have a defense. 

Well, we will find out if Sparty is for real in these 2 weeks with Saints and Panthers in week 4 & 5. They can pretty much win conference with a W both weeks, but it will not happen. They will lose 1 of the 2 at the least or both. I'm not sold yet. If they win both, then they also have to beat Chargers. Will see, season still early. 

7 hours ago, psaboy said:

Well, we will find out if Sparty is for real in these 2 weeks with Saints and Panthers in week 4 & 5. They can pretty much win conference with a W both weeks, but it will not happen. They will lose 1 of the 2 at the least or both. I'm not sold yet. If they win both, then they also have to beat Chargers. Will see, season still early. 

My prediction is that they win both.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

My prediction is that they win both.

Agree, beat the Chargers? Please, Carroll played well against Snider but it also exposed Snider. Concordia took advantage of that but lacks the depth to really do anything. Dwenger and Homestead will be a Epic battle. I think Sparty takes this one. 

44 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Agree, beat the Chargers? Please, Carroll played well against Snider but it also exposed Snider. Concordia took advantage of that but lacks the depth to really do anything. Dwenger and Homestead will be a Epic battle. I think Sparty takes this one. 

Don't go to sleep on Carroll, it will result in a loss. Trust me. 

5 hours ago, Robert said:

So, how early should I go to Dwenger to get a parking spot/seat on Friday?

The gates don’t open until 6 and there was plenty of parking on opening night.  That being said, North Side brought maybe 200 people (I’m being very generous).  

Homestead will obviously bring a larger crowd.  Their student section seems to travel particularly well and it’s huge.  

Hopefully, it will be a very exciting game.  Homestead has a lot of weapons to use and the 2 Safeties and LBs are very good.  Don’t know who the corners are or the D Line.   It appears the D line is not very big but they seem to be very tough and very quick.  If that’s the case.  Dwenger will need their A game to win this one.  

Homestead's student section will fill up the entire bleachers. Needless to say extra bleachers will brought in. I will be on the Dwenger side...............lots of Dwenger fans will be standing I'm sure. 

3 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

I don't see homestead dropping a game in the sac unless they don't show up. That defense is very good and finally complements their offense.

I too like Homestead as the front runner right now. But if they lose a game it's because the other team was better............won't have anything to do with them not "showing up." As I said in many posts this year. Dwenger, Homestead, Carroll, and Snider are all good. Although I'm predicting the Spartans to run the table, I wouldn't be shocked if they finish the year 6-4...................competition will be fierce. 

I will get there about 6pm. There is plenty of parking. You can park at Northwood across the street.  Plus BD has a big lot behind the school. The big issue was the road construction on Washington center rd. Big mess. I expect a good battle.  I want BD but feel this is Homsteads. Hope I am wrong.