Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jasper 1-2 at Heritage Hills 3-0

Jasper 1-2 at Heritage Hills 3-0

With Jasper joining the SIAC in 2020 this will be the final game of the regular season series. A win for Coach Lewis and he would become the only Jasper coach with a winning record against Heritage Hills Coach Brewer went 4-4 and Coach Ahrens 7-9 against the Patriots. A win for Coach Wilkerson and he would move to 4-4 against the Wildcats, Hall Of Famer Bob Clayton had a 10-7 record against the Wildcats.  

Jasper and Heritage Hills played in the regular season in the 1978 and 1979 seasons and the Wildcats won both meetings. The 1979 Patriot loss was a tough one, because a win would have given the Patriots their first unbeaten season and clinched a playoff berth. After the 1979 season Jasper was replaced on the Patriot schedule with North Knox who joined the PAC for a brief period. The Patriots went 10-0 that year, but without Jasper on the schedule the Patriots played too many 1A schools and didn't earn enough points for a playoff berth.

The Patriots and Wildcats didn’t meet again until Jasper dropped to 3A from 1993-1996 and they split the four sectional matchups. After Jasper moved back to 4A, the two teams wouldn't meet again until the regular season series resumed in 2001. The Patriots won the 2001 game knocking off the eventual 4A state champion Wildcats. After the win in 2001, the Patriots won the next 6 meetings to take a 9-4 series lead. Starting with an 18-0 win in 2008 Jasper won 6 of the next 7 meetings to tie the series at 10-10 and the Patriots now lead the series 13-11 after winning 3 of the last 4 meetings. 

Series History

1978 Jasper 27 Heritage Hills 7

1979 Jasper 19 Heritage Hills 0

1993 Heritage Hills 27 Jasper 14

1994 Jasper 40 Heritage Hills 7

1995 Jasper 21 Heritage Hills 17

1996 Heritage Hills 24 Jasper 21

2001 Heritage Hills 14 Jasper 7

2002 Heritage Hills 23 Jasper 21

2003 Heritage Hills 24 Jasper 7

2004 Heritage Hills 34 Jasper 31 double overtime

2005 Heritage Hills 31 Jasper 17

2006 Heritage Hills 21 Jasper 0

2007 Heritage Hills 17 Jasper 13

2008 Jasper 18 Heritage Hills 0

2009 Jasper 17 Heritage Hills 14

2010 Jasper 13 Heritage Hills 7 Overtime

2011 Heritage Hills 24 Jasper 14

2012 Jasper 14 Heritage Hills 0

2013 Jasper 26 Heritage Hills 16

2014 Jasper 24 Heritage Hills 14

2015 Heritage Hills 21 Jasper 14

2016 Heritage Hills 10 Jasper 7

2017 Jasper 35 Heritage Hills 14

2018 Heritage Hills 14 Jasper 12

• Like 1

Heritage Hills better put some octane in that offense. I'm sure Coach Wilkerson and staff will have a few wrinkles to pull out of the playbook, but to honor the history of this smash mouth rivalry that is coming to an end, I hope there are no more than 10 combined passes and some hard hits. 

5 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Heritage Hills better put some octane in that offense. I'm sure Coach Wilkerson and staff will have a few wrinkles to pull out of the playbook, but to honor the history of this smash mouth rivalry that is coming to an end, I hope there are no more than 10 combined passes and some hard hits. 

We passed a little more the first 2 games and I kind of expected we would work on the passing game against Pike Central but Sigler didn't dress and Sophomore Luke Rickelman made his first Varsity start at quarterback, Luke was 2 out of 2 with a touchdown and 17 yards.

This game is always with in a touch down or 2. HH will always come at you with their running game and throw in a few passes. Their special teams have been one of their best assets by pinning you deep with their punts or being able to get a field goal. They don't make many mistakes and are well disciplined. If the Jasper team that beat Boonville shows up I think we have a good shot, if it's the 0-2 group The Jasper crowd will be pretty quiet. 

Reminder for Jasper fans, since this will be your 1st trip to HH since the renovations. There is now more parking available for visitors at the southeast side of the field. Since tennis was moved to the far western edge of campus next to soccer, the old tennis courts have been turned into additional parking. There is a newly renovated entrance at the SE corner of the field as well.

Of course, you are still welcome to park behind the home grandstand & walk across. But just wanted to make you aware that your options as a visitor are greater these days.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2019 at 7:32 AM, itiswhatitis said:

I think the million dollar question is:  Which Jasper team shows up?  The one who lost to Southridge or the one who just beat up Boonville?

Jasper played a great game against Booneville and beat the snot out of them that's for sure.  But I think that was the same Jasper team that played SR too.  SR is better than Booneville plain and simple AND Jasper is heads and toes better than Booneville.  Si I think the real million dollar question is this:  How good is Booneville really??? 

Now to the important part about this thread!!  This game between HH and Jasper will come down to defense and minimizing mistakes defensively.  Playing responsibility football and not allowing the big play!!  It will be and always has be a street brawl between these two teams and I am so looking forward to it!!   

2 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

Jasper played a great game against Booneville and beat the snot out of them that's for sure.  But I think that was the same Jasper team that played SR too.  SR is better than Booneville plain and simple AND Jasper is heads and toes better than Booneville.  Si I think the real million dollar question is this:  How good is Booneville really???   

That same team also played Memorial. Is Memorial that much better than everyone? 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Oh you mean the back-to-back state finalist Memorial? Yeah, probably are that much better than everyone.

I didn't mean that to be a dig at SR or at Memorial. I know they are both good. IMO Jasper is a better team then they showed in week 1 and are getting better every week. I guess we will find out this week. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sacked said:

I didn't mean that to be a dig at SR or at Memorial. I know they are both good. IMO Jasper is a better team then they showed in week 1 and are getting better every week. I guess we will find out this week. 

I will say that Memorial and SR are two great teams. I felt Memorial played better than SR did against us and yes Jasper has been making great strides since game one. 

10 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

Now to the important part about this thread!!  This game between HH and Jasper will come down to defense and minimizing mistakes defensively.  Playing responsibility football and not allowing the big play!!  It will be and always has be a street brawl between these two teams and I am so looking forward to it!!   

Hard to say how good Boonville really is. I mean they beat a typical Washington team and held Vincennes to 6 points.  Is Vincennes that much worse than Boonville? I'm always terrible predicting this game because HH usually plays some mediocre teams before Jasper. I'll give props though, only allowing 12 points in 3 games is still a feat. 

8 minutes ago, Bulldoggit said:

In the PAC...........Yes

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm I would say that is not all together true, I'll let you look at the PAC conference and figure it out.  But I would start in Gibson county and then work east towards Spencer county and then maybe a little north!!!  Just Sayin'

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm I would say that is not all together true, I'll let you look at the PAC conference and figure it out.  But I would start in Gibson county and then work east towards Spencer county and then maybe a little north!!!  Just Sayin'

Your comment about the Big 8.. Yes. The PAC..  I would say probably, too bad none you guys will be able to find out though with Memorial being in 4A now.

7 minutes ago, Cat02 said:

Your comment about the Big 8.. Yes. The PAC..  I would say probably, too bad none you guys will be able to find out though with Memorial being in 4A now.

Sorry but I don’t think this is the Southridge of old.  I don’t see them beating either HH or GS this year.  So if HH drums you...would that change your mind? 

13 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

Sorry but I don’t think this is the Southridge of old.  I don’t see them beating either HH or GS this year.  So if HH drums you...would that change your mind? 

I think SR was a very solid team, capable of beating anyone, with their QB getting hurt the dynamic completely changes.  I think had that not happened they could've competed with anyone.

Being a part of this great game for about a decade was an awesome experience.  I played in 2 of these games and coached in 8.  It was always fun to see the kids get fired up to compete with one another. 

I remember playing middle school, freshmen and varsity sports against great players like Cole Seifrig, Ryan McMannaway and others. It is a shame this series will be ending, however it  (joining the SIAC) was in the best interest of the Wildcats.  

I hope this is a slobber-knocker, and a fitting end to the series.... (for now, I hope!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Titandad71 said:

since the titans play saturday, is there a live stream(video) of the game or radio that streams?

I am sure it will be on 104.7 WITZ Southwestern Indiana's Powerhouse! With Walt Ferber and the Coach Terry Gobert!

• Like 2