Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Jasper 1-2 at Heritage Hills 3-0

5 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I'll second that. I don't think this will be too exciting of a game after halftime.

Not saying you and Jets don't no what you are talking about.......but I said it after the Memorial game, Jasper figured something out in the second half.  Had they run the ball with the fullback more late in the game against SR (last drive), maybe could have seen overtime.  Last week they demolished an over hyped Booneville.  I honestly think that Jasper is going to play this one really tough.  I like the Patriots in this one, but 17 points may be a stretch.

1 minute ago, Patriot 74 said:

Not saying you and Jets don't no what you are talking about.......but I said it after the Memorial game, Jasper figured something out in the second half.  Had they run the ball with the fullback more late in the game against SR (last drive), maybe could have seen overtime.  Last week they demolished an over hyped Booneville.  I honestly think that Jasper is going to play this one really tough.  I like the Patriots in this one, but 17 points may be a stretch.

They did run the ball with the fullback on the last drive. The last play of the game actually, and we stuffed them to win. If I were HH, I would focus on stopping #3 (Wood) and you should win the game, no problem.

20 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I prefer to listen to 103.3 FM WAXL with @Bcaster and Michael Crews! 

Thanks Chris!

Btw, someone asked earlier on this thread if this game is streamed anywhere and I don't think it was answered (but I admit I could've missed it because I skimmed over most of the PAC/SIAC/Big 8 vitriol).  I don't know of any video stream.  As for an audio stream, our broadcast can be found at www.1033TheFix.com.  Also available on the TuneIn app.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

but I said it after the Memorial game, Jasper figured something out in the second half.

I think they figured out they were playing the JV team in the 3rd quarter and JV backups with several freshmen in the 4th quarter. Scoring 20 points all in the 4th. I think they figured something out vs Southridge and it carried over to Boonville. 

18 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I think they figured out they were playing the JV team in the 3rd quarter and JV backups with several freshmen in the 4th quarter. Scoring 20 points all in the 4th. I think they figured something out vs Southridge and it carried over to Boonville. 

It said in the Hearld they installed a new option offense starting in week 2 to take advantage of the team quickness.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I believe if you watch film Jasper ran a completely different style offense the second half.  But if it makes Memorial fans happy and lord knows that's the most important thing to do here......"but I said it after the Memorial game, Jasper figured something out in the second half AGAINST THE JV!!!"

There now the Evansville Courier can keep writing about how Memorials starting defense hasn't been scored............oh wait I forgot about North.

53 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Just pointing out the obvious. Sorry to offend you. Those courier people....Shame on them!! 

Didn't offend me at all.  My initial point and statement was driven by the fact that Jasper started running the football more in the 2nd half of that game, and has ever since.  Not really a big deal.  

And the Courier...............don't get me started!!

• Like 2

2 turnovers apiece, all in the 2nd quarter on consecutive possessions. 

HH scores on their 1st two possessions of the game to lead 10-0. Jasper got nothing out of the wing-T early, but switched to a spread option attack and found success. 10-7 at half.

HH mounted a 14 play scoring drive on the 1st possession of the 2nd half that took more than 7 minutes off the clock. Jasper missed a 39 yard FG on their next possession. Wildcats scored with about 2 1/2 minutes left to cut it to 3. Patriots recovered the onside kick and were able to run out the clock thanks to a couple of huge runs by Cole Sigler. 

Gavin Vaal had a huge night running the ball for HH. He was over 100 yards on just 10 carries with a TD.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:08 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

Heritage Hills better put some octane in that offense. I'm sure Coach Wilkerson and staff will have a few wrinkles to pull out of the playbook, but to honor the history of this smash mouth rivalry that is coming to an end, I hope there are no more than 10 combined passes and some hard hits. 

You almost got your wish. There were a combined 11 passes attempted.

• 2 weeks later...