Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Packers 2019

DumfriesYMCA

I’ve seen that I’m not the only Green Bay fan on the forum so figured I should make a thread and not talk packers on da bearz thread. 

I also just happen to live in Green Bay about a mile from Lambeau, so if any of you make the venture north I would be happy to point ya to the good food and possibly grab a few brews with ya.

talking points currently:

packers defense very good....packers offense very bad.  Usually it’s the exact opposite 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 1

Give AR-12 time.

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’ve seen that I’m not the only Green Bay fan on the forum so figured I should make a thread and not talk packers on da bearz thread. 

I also just happen to live in Green Bay about a mile from Lambeau, so if any of you make the venture north I would be happy to point ya to the good food and possibly grab a few brews with ya.

talking points currently:

packers defense very good....packers offense very bad.  Usually it’s the exact opposite 

Go to Kroll’s much?

• Like 1

Packers vs Vikings this week. Looking to go 2-0 on the division.

keys to the game:

1) attack Cousins. Force him to be sloppy and fumble 

2) contain the run. The smiths did an excellent job of forcing things back inside this past week and we will need that again

3) establish adams early and make sure all receiving options are on the same page with Rodgers. Vikings destroyed the falcons because they weren’t on the same page with the WRs and the WRs stopped in a middle of a route or didn’t anticipate enough. Vikings DBs especially Harris reaped the rewards 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:02 PM, Irishman said:

Kroll’s was a regular stop for us when we went up to visit family every Summer, a d a couple of Winters. Great memories. 

Been going to Kroll's for years, but Wisconsin has something even better: the Supper club...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Been going to Kroll's for years, but Wisconsin has something even better: the Supper club...

YESSSSSSSS. I have visited a few in different parts. Gotta love a place where the bar is bigger than the restaurant because the wait is so long. And the servings are HUGE. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

42 minutes ago, Irishman said:

YESSSSSSSS. I have visited a few in different parts. Gotta love a place where the bar is bigger than the restaurant because the wait is so long. And the servings are HUGE. 

Oh man.  I’m still young being only 24....but I remember going to the fawn supper club between two rivers and Manitowoc a lot as a kid before it closed down.  

Because i had moved to Indiana for middle school and high school and have only been back in Wisconsin the last 4 years I had totally forgot about supper clubs until you guys just mentioned it.  Too occupied by fish fry Friday’s and the farmers market I guess lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I love how this thread started as football but quickly went to what packer fans really care about.....good food and beer 

And I'm cool with that....

But the game against Minnesota Should be a good one.  GB will need to score a lot more than 10, though...

• Like 2

I think the packers will put up 21-35 points this week. The difference between the bears defense and the Vikings defense is about a mile and overall the Vikings don’t have as good fo LBs which should help the pack establish a run game. I would like to see Aaron Jones line up in the slot though against them. I think he possesses that ability to line up there and perform well. 

Definitely need to attack the linebackers this week 

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

Prime Rib, perch, beer, old-fashioneds, go to any Wisconsin town (I like Altona and  Schwarz's in New Holstein) and you'll findsomething great!

Dude, I was just going to mention Schwarz'. I have been to the one in St. Ann. IU has an alumni camp in Elkhart Lake that I used to help work, and we would make the trip just for Schwarz'. 

12 hours ago, Irishman said:

Dude, I was just going to mention Schwarz'. I have been to the one in St. Ann. IU has an alumni camp in Elkhart Lake that I used to help work, and we would make the trip just for Schwarz'. 

A couple of my clients swear by it.  I was just up there for a golf outing and was hoping to go there, but the wait was 2 hours long!  Elkhart Lake is an amazing place, the Osthof is an amazing hotel.

• Like 2

The first 3 drives were as impressive as anything we have seen from this team in years. The defense is legit though. They were on the field a LOT, and held that offense to 16 points....impressive. I liked seeing pressure put on Cousins. Not sure what happened to the offense as the game wore on though. The first drives, Rodgers was firing lasers, but it was a mix of deep routes and underneath routes. The running game was solid as well. On a side note, I do think there was some obvious tension between Rodgers and LeFleur. The offense has a lot of work to do. I could not see what was happening in the secondary, but Rodgers was holding the ball way too long. Was it good coverage? if so, there is a LOT of work to do. They got away from throwing underneath as the game went on as well. A hallmark of the Homgren era was "just move the chains" would still work in today's game. 

One final observation; there were a LOT of flags thrown against both teams. 

• Like 1

There was that one part where Rodgers was walking down the sideline towards lafluer and it seemed he was yelling at him.  It was a great win for the team but agreed that we started out hot and then fizzeled the rest of the game. 

Big ups for an actual run game we had but the passing game is not as smooth as I would like it 

• Like 1

Week 3:another tough defense. 

Packers really have had a tough draw with tough defenses but if they can continue to improve the offense against tough competition it only bodes well. 

That and the NFC is really down compared to the AFC.  I like the chances of a good playoff run if we can continue to win 

• Like 1

I saw this on my timeline today. This is pretty cool. This is the last game I have seen at Lambeau; Favre's last win as a Packer. I was able to take my brother and his wife to the game as well. They had never been to Lambeau for a game. I still vividly remember Brett doing this in that game. Not only was it a playoff game, but it was snowing hard most of the day, and the Packers won. It was a surreal experience; one I will never forget. As time has it, it is just a couple of weeks away to reach the one year anniversary of my brother passing away. 

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/state-journal-shot-of-brett-favre-named-one-of-best/article_64def49c-ba9a-5431-b36d-782e7224302f.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share&fbclid=IwAR2zZ3I2sXtD989SfzzDCjwHHagbvP3VgqxMhu0NYpe2uddlOBQrl_g_Dbc

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I saw this on my timeline today. This is pretty cool. This is the last game I have seen at Lambeau; Favre's last win as a Packer. I was able to take my brother and his wife to the game as well. They had never been to Lambeau for a game. I still vividly remember Brett doing this in that game. Not only was it a playoff game, but it was snowing hard most of the day, and the Packers won. It was a surreal experience; one I will never forget. As time has it, it is just a couple of weeks away to reach the one year anniversary of my brother passing away. 

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/state-journal-shot-of-brett-favre-named-one-of-best/article_64def49c-ba9a-5431-b36d-782e7224302f.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share&fbclid=IwAR2zZ3I2sXtD989SfzzDCjwHHagbvP3VgqxMhu0NYpe2uddlOBQrl_g_Dbc

I’m sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences.

• Like 1

3-0. Holy smokes. Thoroughly surprised

preston Smith is the MVP of this defense. “Martinez who?”  Za’Darius Smith is by far my favorite personality. So much positivity and brings everyone together. 

Short week facing the eagles on Thursday...but I really like our chances.  

Through 3 games the Packers defense has only allowed 1 passing TD while taking 4 INTs for a Passer rating of 63.1. 

12 sacks, 5 forced fumbles and recoveries, 23 QB hits.  

Hopefully the offense can really get going.  Rodgers has a passer rating of 96 per usual but he is averaging 220 yards and a touchdown.  Definitely not up to the usual standard 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I get the feeling the offense is ironing out the kinks...Which really is a scary thought. 

As far as the Eagles....they are a mess. I am not sure the team thinks much of Wentz. 

😳

Tbh I haven’t thought of wentz as a top QB ever. He had that mvp like season that one year but I recall seeing a statline that he was throwing into tight coverages a ton and was abnormally accurate on those throws. It wasn’t that he was super accurate. More that he was super lucky because the 5 closest QBs to him were like Tannehill, Bortles, Winston and I can’t remember the other two. Tearing his ACL has limited his mobility severely too. 

Of that 2015 class, I have always said Dak was the best QB. It was goff wentz and dak.  And goff and wentz have been bailed out by great teams/coaching...yet even with that dak has put up the best numbers.

when the packers play the cowboys that will be a real test of strength. 

• Like 1

The Eagles have run the ball all night at will. They have had a great mix of run and pass to keep the defense guessing. Eagles defense has played well most of the night. I am still puzzled at how the hit that took Williams out could not result in an ejection. It seems like that kind of late hit and targeting hit are tailor made for an ejection.

• Like 1