Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Packers 2019

DumfriesYMCA

18 hours ago, Irishman said:

The Eagles have run the ball all night at will. They have had a great mix of run and pass to keep the defense guessing. Eagles defense has played well most of the night. I am still puzzled at how the hit that took Williams out could not result in an ejection. It seems like that kind of late hit and targeting hit are tailor made for an ejection.

Agree. That should have been an ejection.  Reminded me of trevathans hit on adams a few years back. Play was dead. Forward progress established. Whistles blowing. And a dude comes flying up and just sandwiches the ball carrier with a huge helmet to helmet hit. 

completely uncalled for. Idk how that wasn’t an ejection 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I definitely find it interesting that the NFL was quick to slap burfict on a year long suspension but numerous other players get only a fine. 

2 in mind I guess are the hit on Williams and then the hit on Josh Allen in the Bills Patriots game 

Still socked myself.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Cowgirls this weekend.  Shocked that two of the three writers for the Chicago Sun-Times picked the Pack!  Then again, it’s a good paper, they know what they’re doing. Davante’s turf toe is a concern, though.

I’m not too confident we will get the W. But it could happen.  

we need to stop the run game.  Zeke is one of the very best and that OL is superb. So if they can run at will they will. 

losing adams isnt the end of the world. It really just makes the redzone difficult. Between the 20s I’m very confident in MVS Allison and whichever RB we use. But in the redzone, Adams presence really shows up and is the difference maker

• Like 1

Davante Who?  Looks like we’re now a running team (just like the West Canaan Coyotes coached by Bud Kilmer).

On 10/4/2019 at 8:08 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m not too confident we will get the W. But it could happen.  

we need to stop the run game.  Zeke is one of the very best and that OL is superb. So if they can run at will they will. 

losing adams isnt the end of the world. It really just makes the redzone difficult. Between the 20s I’m very confident in MVS Allison and whichever RB we use. But in the redzone, Adams presence really shows up and is the difference maker

Zeke had 62 yards and Dak threw 43 interceptions...

Edited by Gipper

Jones was THE difference maker today. I thought the Cowboys had a horrible gameplan. If they give Elliott the ball 25 times or so, I think they wear down the Packers defense. I am ok with it. That is a huge road win. It was good to see Jimmy Graham make some plays. The crazy thing is, if they beat the Lions next week, they take a firm grip on a tough division. I will be curious to see how the Cowboys respond. Even with two losses, they have a lot of personalities that demand a lot of attention on the field. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Jones was THE difference maker today. I thought the Cowboys had a horrible gameplan. If they give Elliott the ball 25 times or so, I think they wear down the Packers defense. I am ok with it. That is a huge road win. It was good to see Jimmy Graham make some plays. The crazy thing is, if they beat the Lions next week, they take a firm grip on a tough division. I will be curious to see how the Cowboys respond. Even with two losses, they have a lot of personalities that demand a lot of attention on the field. 

Yes he was.  4 TDs, 182 yards rushing—Paul Hornung or Jim Taylor-like numbers.

Edited by Gipper

Thoroughly impressed by the packers tonight

even after the refs tried giving the game to the cowboys they found a way to keep them at bay.

roughing the passer on a dak run play and seconds before he was even tackled was comical. The false start on the center when they hiked it into Cobb who was in motion and lost the fumble. 

probably two of the worst calls I have seen. Which is on par for a cowboys packers game lol

I first thought trying to kick the FG was a brilliant strategic move.   The only thing: Rafael Septein no longer plays for the Cowgirls, wide right...

But let’s keep in mind they would have to recover an onside kick and then score a touchdown with no timeouts against one of the league’s best defenses.

8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Thoroughly impressed by the packers tonight

even after the refs tried giving the game to the cowboys they found a way to keep them at bay.

roughing the passer on a dak run play and seconds before he was even tackled was comical. The false start on the center when they hiked it into Cobb who was in motion and lost the fumble. 

probably two of the worst calls I have seen. Which is on par for a cowboys packers game lol

A lot of calls have been going against the Packers, we should be 5-0.

15 minutes ago, Gipper said:

A lot of calls have been going against the Packers, we should be 5-0.

Maybe. I would like to think we should be 5-0 but the loss to the eagles was probably deserving. You can’t average 3 takeaways and 4 sacks a game and then get 0 against a bad eagles OL but it’s whatever. 

im still happy with the packers. The thing that still gets me is that fumble recovery that was nullified by a false start. The play was full go and the whistles were late after the clear recovery.  But the cowboys false start actually saved them from turning the ball over. Never seen that one before. 

most of the other calls were correct. The hands to the face was the right call even though it nullified an INT.  The roughing the passer one is a head scratcher but I think it’s close enough within the rules

i hope the packers get home field advantage. I would love to go to a playoff game. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Maybe. I would like to think we should be 5-0 but the loss to the eagles was probably deserving. You can’t average 3 takeaways and 4 sacks a game and then get 0 against a bad eagles OL but it’s whatever. 

im still happy with the packers. The thing that still gets me is that fumble recovery that was nullified by a false start. The play was full go and the whistles were late after the clear recovery.  But the cowboys false start actually saved them from turning the ball over. Never seen that one before. 

most of the other calls were correct. The hands to the face was the right call even though it nullified an INT.  The roughing the passer one is a head scratcher but I think it’s close enough within the rules

i hope the packers get home field advantage. I would love to go to a playoff game. 

Maybe we did deserve to lose to the Eagles, I’ll happily take 4-1.  Home field should be the goal.

• Like 1

In my 92 team IDP super league we were discussing which teams had the top defenses this year. I feel pretty strong about the patriots defense. But some others wanted to criticize who they have played even though they had a top 10 defense last year. They wanted to hype the 49ers defense.

all in all. If you really want to criticize the scheduled opponents even though the nfl is generally pretty close top to bottom compared to other sports, the NFC north has the top defenses locked down.

my personal rankings would be 

1) patriots 

2) 49ers

3) packers

4) bears

5) bills 

if you factor in opponents

1) packers

2) bears 

3) vikings

4) 49ers

5) patriots 

• Like 1

An ugly win is still a win, and now Green Bay has a firm grip on the division. Sure there were bad calls, but Detroit, in typical Detroit fashion, cannot do what they need to for a win. The Packers have been on the other side of bad calls plenty of times. I will take the win. But the Lions had plenty of opportunities to run away with the game. They had the ball on or inside the Packers 35 yard line 6 times in the game, and come away with just 22 points. They were 3 of 13 on 3rd down. They had 188 yards of offense in just the first quarter, and made it inside the Green Bay 10 on their first 3 possessions, but come away with just 13 points. Add to it, that Detroit had 12 men on the field when Green Bay was settling for a FG. The penalty gives the Pack a 1st down, and they go on to get the TD. Trade the TD back for the FG, and Detroit wins. 
like I said though, I will take the win. I still like this defense. Pettine’s ability to adjust is pretty impressive. The Detroit offense did not do much after the first quarter. 

• Like 1