Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Packers 2019

DumfriesYMCA

I missed most of the weekend while on vacation in Alabama but I did catch the game. If I’m not mistaken the packers would have kicked a FG for the lead with under a minute left so I’m not convinced the lions would have been able to get the lead back. But then again. Prater has a lead foot lol. 

ugly win. But a win is a win

still kinda unreal the packers are 5-1 with a new coach.  Very impressed 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I missed most of the weekend while on vacation in Alabama but I did catch the game. If I’m not mistaken the packers would have kicked a FG for the lead with under a minute left so I’m not convinced the lions would have been able to get the lead back. But then again. Prater has a lead foot lol. 

ugly win. But a win is a win

still kinda unreal the packers are 5-1 with a new coach.  Very impressed 

Gulf shores I hope.  I have family in Huntsville which is really not an ideal vacation spot other than the space center. 5-1 is shocking to me as well, and now the gullible optimist in me thinks we can run the table.  Then again, we need more WR production.

17 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Gulf shores I hope.  I have family in Huntsville which is really not an ideal vacation spot other than the space center. 5-1 is shocking to me as well, and now the gullible optimist in me thinks we can run the table.  Then again, we need more WR production.

I want to go there. But no.  I have 2 Canadian friends who are big NASCAR fans so I make the trip down every year to go see them. Had fun at talladega this year even with the rain out on Sunday 

I think next year I’m gonna make a trip to Orange Beach. If not there I’ll probably do some backpacking in the Talladega mountains.  But first I gotta move from Green Bay back to GIbson County/Newburgh lol

Edited by DumfriesYMCA
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I want to go there. But no.  I have 2 Canadian friends who are big NASCAR fans so I make the trip down every year to go see them. Had fun at talladega this year even with the rain out on Sunday 

I think next year I’m gonna make a trip to Orange Beach. If not there I’ll probably do some backpacking in the Talladega mountains.  But first I gotta move from Green Bay back to GIbson County/Newburgh lol

The whole Orange Beach/Mobile area is great.  Good luck with the move.

3 minutes ago, Gipper said:

The whole Orange Beach/Mobile area is great.  Good luck with the move.

Yeah I’ll need it for sure lol. Not exactly ideal to move from the nice suburbs of Green Bay to Southern Indiana but hey it’s cheap!  

something about buying a house for cheap ands fixing it up + paying off my student loan debt just get me 😂.

on the topic of the packers. At this point in the season, it seems like a race between the saints 49ers and packers for home field advantage.  49ers are probably the best team in the NFC

22 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Yeah I’ll need it for sure lol. Not exactly ideal to move from the nice suburbs of Green Bay to Southern Indiana but hey it’s cheap!  

something about buying a house for cheap ands fixing it up + paying off my student loan debt just get me 😂.

on the topic of the packers. At this point in the season, it seems like a race between the saints 49ers and packers for home field advantage.  49ers are probably the best team in the NFC

Who would have thought?  Then again the Bears are experiencing their predictable collapse, Dallas is nothing special, but the Panthers and Saints could make things interesting, a long way to go...

58 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I am still not sure about Frisco. Jared Goff caught lightning in a bottle last season. I think we are seeing what happens when NFL defenses adapt. I still give Green Bay and even NOLA the nod based on strength of schedule. 

All very true, but the Rams did themselves a favor by nabbibg Jalen Ramsey.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I wanted him, Kevin King is probably done for the year, enlighten us, Mr. YMCA...

King is just always battling soft tissue injuries. Groin issues especially...I haven’t seen anything about him being finished but coming into the year I already gave up on him. Should have drafted watt lol. 

I think without king the packers are fine. But they have to continue to wreck OL with the pass rush.  Force throws...limit time at all costs. 

(I say all this knowing damn well the packers could put another “Gunter” 1v1 on a julio Jones level player and just get burned all game....RIP 2015 Super Bowl chances) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

Just signed Ryan Grant--thoughts?

He was producing in Oakland. But the raiders drafted Renfrow and he has looked good.  At some point Oakland had an injury to deal with. I think it was their LBs and they had to make room so they released him. 

I have Renfrow on a few of my fantasy teams so I followed the situation a bit. 

overall he is a decent WR. Mostly a slot guy. Nothing flashy or something to get pumped about....but for a depth guy who you can lean on for production, I like the move 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

He was producing in Oakland. But the raiders drafted Renfrow and he has looked good.  At some point Oakland had an injury to deal with. I think it was their LBs and they had to make room so they released him. 

I have Renfrow on a few of my fantasy teams so I followed the situation a bit. 

overall he is a decent WR. Mostly a slot guy. Nothing flashy or something to get pumped about....but for a depth guy who you can lean on for production, I like the move 

We can definitely use him--who know how long DA will be out...

The Raiders offensive line has been impressive. The Packers were not able to get any pressure on Carr. The defense basically made just two plays the whole game; the 4th down stop on the goal line, and the pick in the end zone. The offense has been a different story though. This is the best they have looked all season. What I really like is seeing the number of players that have been involved, and the running game has been solid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

The Raiders offensive line has been impressive. The Packers were not able to get any pressure on Carr. The defense basically made just two plays the whole game; the 4th down stop on the goal line, and the pick in the end zone. The offense has been a different story though. This is the best they have looked all season. What I really like is seeing the number of players that have been involved, and the running game has been solid.

Agreed.  The offense looked in sync and were a well oiled machine. Might be the raiders but the way they won was a statement victory 

On 10/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, Irishman said:

I was hoping the Lions could get a win at home, but the Vikes are just a step behind Green Bay, and within striking distance. Going to be fun watching it unfold. 

I’ll takes Rodgers over Cousins any day of the week. 

• Like 2

So a few weeks ago there were trade rumors swirling..

they said the 49ers, patriots, and packers were all looking for WRs. They also said manny sanders and aj green were trade assets being shopped....

well the patriots got a WR.....49ers got sanders...does that mean AJ Green is getting traded to Green Bay?