Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern @ Southport

11 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Uh....it was 4th and 11...down 16 points with under 2 minutes to play.  He barely got the first down. If he goes out of bounds any sooner, he’s stopped short and the game is over.  

No lesson to be learned there. BA did right  and kept his team in the ballgame.  Yes he paid for it but he’s a competitor.

Oh I Absolutely agree...got to try to get that first down!!  Kid always competes!!

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Does anyone know if the Southport QB played?

Also did DL (#93) & #2 WR play?

I know #1 didn’t play due to the ejection.

QB did not play.  I was told that two of their best D players did not play as well (I assume #1 was one of those).   

Edited by Lysander

19 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Thanks!

Hard for me to take too much away from the game.  Southport was down 3 players but Chatard seemed really, really flat.  A workman-like performance.

For all the talk here, I still think the team to beat is West Lafayette.  Loaded with talent and can score In bunches.  Chatard is very good.....but they were very good last year as well.  

The defending champs are still the team to beat.....until they aren’t.  Which might not be until next year.

Guess we’ll see in just a handful of weeks.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Hard for me to take too much away from the game.  Southport was down 3 players but Chatard seemed really, really flat.  A workman-like performance.

For all the talk here, I still think the team to beat is West Lafayette.  Loaded with talent and can score In bunches.  Chatard is very good.....but they were very good last year as well.  

The defending champs are still the team to beat.....until they aren’t.  Which might not be until next year.

Guess we’ll see in just a handful of weeks.

that sectional(28) is absolutely a meat grinder, those teams have the potential to play 3 games against highly ranked and 75.00 plus  in the sagarin  ratings, as of now.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, Titandad71 said:

that sectional(28) is absolutely a meat grinder, those teams have the potential to play 3 games against highly ranked and 75.00 plus  in the sagarin  ratings, as of now.

Agree with Lysander. Chatard, including coaches, seemed off/flat. Southport was without several weapons and the QB would have been a difference. Although, the back up did quite well. There is not a lot to read into the Southport game....other than a win.

Agree with Titandad - sectional 28 is gonna be tough.

How is 32 shaping up? Gibson Southern was touted at the beginning of the year, but Heritage and Southridge appear to be having great seasons. That sectional looks to also be tough

7 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

Agree with Lysander. Chatard, including coaches, seemed off/flat. Southport was without several weapons and the QB would have been a difference. Although, the back up did quite well. There is not a lot to read into the Southport game....other than a win.

Agree with Titandad - sectional 28 is gonna be tough.

How is 32 shaping up? Gibson Southern was touted at the beginning of the year, but Heritage and Southridge appear to be having great seasons. That sectional looks to also be tough

I am not sure I would pick a favorite yet for 32. Heritage Hills, Southridge and Gibson Southern are all really good teams and 1-4 Bosse looked really good against Memorial this past week. I would say it is very much up for grabs at this point. 

Bosse should not be overlooked.  They have a very good LB group, good size on the D line, and a secondary with speed and athleticism.  And remember, last year they took undefeated Boonville to the wire in the Sectionals only to lose by 7 (42-35).  We had some drops early that cost us TDs, but they played very tough for 4 Qs. 

• Like 1