Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bishop Chatard vs. Cathedral

Tailgate starts at 5:30p. Come one, come all. 

Also, big week for the Irish and Trojans in the NFL. Everyone must know it’s Cathedral - Chatard week. Terry McLaurin goes for 125 yards and a TD in his first NFL game last Sunday and Nick Martin gets a $33mm extension for the Texans! 

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Nick-Martin-3-year-33-million-extension-14428438.php

Muda - where are you now with the hegemony whines?!?! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

Tailgate starts at 5:30p. Come one, come all. 

Also, big week for the Irish and Trojans in the NFL. Everyone must know it’s Cathedral - Chatard week. Terry McLaurin goes for 125 yards and a TD in his first NFL game last Sunday and Nick Martin gets a $33mm extension for the Texans! 

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Nick-Martin-3-year-33-million-extension-14428438.php

Muda - where are you now with the hegemony whines?!?! 

You know I'll be there for the tailgate!

It was good to see locals, Terry and Nick, have a big week.. Both are very deserving!

Looks like Cheek is the real deal at QB for the Trojans. His dad and uncles were some of the most amazing grade school players I’ve ever seen at St. Luke in the late 80s/early 90s. Uncle Matt Cheek was the shiftiest, meanest RB/OLB in the entire CYO circa 1987-89. At least 3 of the 4 boys switched to soccer in their high school days. Matt took Cathedral to her first Final 4 in soccer in 1991. Kyle’s dad, Scott, was late in his high school career when the family moved to Indy from North Carolina. Kyle’s grandma, Donna, worked as a religion teacher at Cathedral for a few years. I am super happy to see a Cheek on the gridiron late in his high school career! In my opinion, it was always their place. 

Go Irish! Can’t wait for the game! 

It's gameday and this one is always special.  I'm really tired of the trip to Cincinnati too.  We get to make that trip again next week but first things first.

One thing I'm sure of, the Irish players will give a better effort this year.  You can count on that!

Well - that is one way to look at it, I suppose. My take was that it was not a lack of effort, but more of how good Chatard was last year. There was talk that the rain impacted the outcome and I would agree. If the rain was not there last year, then I suspect Chatard would have won by a couple TD's...at least.

This is a new year. I expect a great match up and great effort from both teams. Should be a close one, but I'm a homer - so I predict Chatard to be victorious and make it 2 in a row

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trojan88 said:

Well - that is one way to look at it, I suppose. My take was that it was not a lack of effort, but more of how good Chatard was last year. There was talk that the rain impacted the outcome and I would agree. If the rain was not there last year, then I suspect Chatard would have won by a couple TD's...at least.

This is a new year. I expect a great match up and great effort from both teams. Should be a close one, but I'm a homer - so I predict Chatard to be victorious and make it 2 in a row

I'm not saying that Chatard didn't have a great game last year but Cathedral showed less spunk than in any game all of last season, imho.  Chatard took the Irish to the woodshed in every way possible.

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I'm not saying that Chatard didn't have a great game last year but Cathedral showed less spunk than in any game all of last season, imho.  Chatard took the Irish to the woodshed in every way possible.

Chatard does things the honest way through the diocese. Cathedral has assets which the diocese don't currently have. Trojans never fail. 

It was Archbishop Charles Thompson Bobblehead night at Arlington tonight. Thank God he didn’t expel anyone from either high school for their sexuality. Could be really been detrimental to this amazing game if he was as egocentric and self promoting as he was with all the witch-hunt. 

#22 Sowinski was great tonight. He moves the chains. Chatard D nutted up tonight though. Shutting down the Irish O inside the Red Zone 3 times in the first half. Irish score only 3 points. Kept the game close. Great game.

• Like 1

It was a gift from God for the Irish tonight.  Except for a about 3 minutes of the 2nd half, Chatard seemed to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  It took a couple of long plays from the Irish to pull this one out.

IMO, Bishop Chatard solidified their place as the #1 team in 3A.  They played a very good Irish team toe to toe

BTW, Cathedral won the game 31-21.

The officiating in the game was, well strange!  That's the only word that comes to mind.  They turned this game into a 3 hour affair with they multiple conferences and a flag on just about every other play.  I'm not sure that either team had an advantage, although Trojan fans may disagree.

The game is being replayed on Channel 40  now and they are just starting the 2nd half.

Congrats to the Irish.  It was a hard fought game played at a high level and they never gave up.  Neither team did....it was a big play game (had to be since neither team was allowed to develop any rhythm).

Got to give credit to Peeble’s call for the onside kick.  Ballsy move intended to be a dagger.

I think Coach L must have called in the pitch-toss (last seen on a milk carton noting it’s disappearance since 2009) that went awry at the beginning of the 3rd Q.

Cathedral deserved the win - let there be no doubt but I really would have liked to have seen the game without all the flags against both teams (apparently Chatard has a phantom lineman who jumped offsides about 6 times).

I don’t think any football fan would have been disappointed about the action on the field - really wild game.

BTW, it was really cool to be at Arlington again.

edit - agree with PBJ’s use of the word “strange” regarding the officiating.  One official actually had to have a leg cramp treated.....surprised he didn’t get it in his throwing arm...

Edited by Lysander

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Congrats to the Irish.  It was a hard fought game played at a high level and they never gave up.  Neither team did....it was a big play game (had to be since neither team was allowed to develop any rhythm).

Got to give credit to Peeble’s call for the onside kick.  Ballsy move intended to be a dagger.

I think Coach L must have called in the pitch-toss (last seen on a milk carton noting it’s disappearance since 2009) that went awry at the beginning of the 3rd Q.

Cathedral deserved the win - let there be no doubt but I really would have liked to have seen the game without all the flags against both teams (apparently Chatard has a phantom lineman who jumped offsides about 6 times).

I don’t think any football fan would have been disappointed about the action on the field - really wild game.

BTW, it was really cool to be at Arlington again.

edit - agree with PBJ’s use of the word “strange” regarding the officiating.  One official actually had to have a leg cramp treated.....surprised he didn’t get it in his throwing arm...

One of the officials forgot to pick up his flag after a late game call and one of the players had to hand it to him.  I sure hope they had plenty of Oxi-Clean at home to clean up that laundry.😄

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, PHJIrish said:

I should add that it was really nice to be back at Arlington tonight!  The field held up quite well.  I've been told that this could be the start of more games at this venue.

I agree - the field held up well and was in good shape. Great job by those responsible in making it this way!

5 minutes ago, tango said:

Folks down in this part of the state will be very interested in the result of the Chatard v. Southport game.  I expect Chatard will win by several TDs.  

I expect Chatard to fully win by several TD's. They have to take the recent loss out on someone

2 minutes ago, tango said:

Folks down in this part of the state will be very interested in the result of the Chatard v. Southport game.  I expect Chatard will win by several TDs.  

I would not be surprised if your expectation is very accurate.  We definitely beat an outstanding football team in the Trojans.  Not sure I see anyone in 3A taking them down.  Sadly, it appears the IHSAA has turned a potential state championship game into a sectional match-up between West Lafayette and Chatard.  I will say winner of Sectional 28 will be favored to take 3A, probably beating Gibson Southern in the title game.