Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bishop Chatard vs. Cathedral

11 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

I would not be surprised if your expectation is very accurate.  We definitely beat an outstanding football team in the Trojans.  Not sure I see anyone in 3A taking them down.  Sadly, it appears the IHSAA has turned a potential state championship game into a sectional match-up between West Lafayette and Chatard.  I will say winner of Sectional 28 will be favored to take 3A, probably beating Gibson Southern in the title game.  

Yep, the re-alignment really created a mess in 3A.  I agree with you about WL and BC.  That will be a great match-up and I would put my money on the winner of that one to take the 3A title.     

2 hours ago, tango said:

Yep, the re-alignment really created a mess in 3A.  I agree with you about WL and BC.  That will be a great match-up and I would put my money on the winner of that one to take the 3A title.     

If you look over the years....having a P&P killer sectional in 3A isn't that unusual....across multiple sports.  Not saying it is right...just saying it isn't unusual.  And I agree....Chatard looks vastly improved over last year if that is even possible.

Edited by Titan32

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, tango said:

Completely agree with this assessment. Crazy to think that teams who are favored to possibly go to LOS will not get out of their sectional...

2 hours ago, tango said:

Look at the schools in sectionals 30, 31 & 32 on a map.  Somebody did the alignment after a few bong hits...

I can agree with that....the whole thing with going hours east to west....been debated here already but there is no sound logic.

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I can agree with that....the whole thing with going hours east to west....been debated here already but there is no sound logic.

Some of us have long thought (believed) there is a method to the madness when every 3A P&P in the southern 3/4 of the State is in the same Sectional.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Some of us have long thought (believed) there is a method to the madness when every 3A P&P in the southern 3/4 of the State is in the same Sectional.

Yes we have.  Happens too often in too many sports IMHO to be coincidental.  Just like some of the sectional draws.  (Queue Coach Nowlin to tell me I'm a conspiracy theorist)

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cathedral was reclassified during the summer, have been placed in a sectional with Terre Haute North and Terre Haute South and New Pal was moved to the south, where they belonged all the time, and will play the sectional 13 winner in the regional!  Now,  how's that for a conspiracy?

• Haha 1