Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Circle City Conference (CCC) Week 4

Guerin Catholic (3-0) at Brebeuf Jesuit (2-1)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Wilhelm Field.
COACHES: Tom Dilley, 39-19 in 6th year at Guerin, 119-96 in 20th year overall. Mic Roessler, 49-28 in 7th year at Brebeuf Jesuit.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Brebeuf Jesuit, 74.54, 43rd overall, 4th in 3A. Guerin, 73.3, 50th overall, 5th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Guerin defeated Heritage Christian, 23-5. Brebeuf Jesuit defeated Indianapolis Ritter, 40-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Guerin 3-6. Brebeuf Jesuit 6-3.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Brebeuf Jesuit, 12-4
LAST MEETING: Brebeuf Jesuit, 20-10, Oct. 26, 2018, sectional.
BROADCAST: https://indianasrn.org/upcoming-games/ (AUDIO)

Indianapolis Chatard (3-0) at Indianapolis Cathedral (2-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Arlington Field.
COACHES: Rob Doyle, 21-9 in 3rd year at Bishop Chatard. Bill Peebles, 8-7 in 2nd year at Cathedral, 82-72 in 15th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Bishop Chatard, 98.75, 5th overall, 1st in 3A. Cathedral, 95.3, 8th overall, 2nd in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Bishop Chatard defeated Indianapolis Roncalli, 53-7. Cathedral lost to Cincinnati Elder (Ohio), 38-31, OT.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Bishop Chatard 3-6. Cathedral 0-3.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Cathedral, 22-12
LAST MEETING: Bishop Chatard, 17-14, Sep. 7, 2018.
BROADCAST: AM1260 Radio (Indianapolis area) or stream on iHeart Radio

Columbus North (1-2) at Indianapolis Roncalli (0-3)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Roncalli Field.
COACHES: Tim Bless, 131-85 in 20th year at Columbus North, 143-94 in 22nd year overall. Scott Marsh, 11-12 in 3rd year at Roncalli, 38-67 in 11th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Columbus North, 77.79, 36th overall, 18th in 6A. Roncalli, 57.75, 101st overall, 23rd in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Columbus North lost to Southport, 10-7, OT. Roncalli lost to Indianapolis Chatard, 53-7.
VS. COMMON FOES: Columbus North 0-1; Roncalli 0-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Columbus North 7-2. Roncalli 8-1.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Roncalli, 3-1
BROADCAST: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/roncalli/

Heritage Christian (2-1) at Eastern Hancock (3-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Knarr Field.
COACHES: Kyle Ray, 18-15 in 4th year at Heritage Christian. Doug Armstrong, 6-7 in 2nd year at Eastern Hancock, 103-86 in 18th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Heritage Christian, 61.09, 90th overall, 7th in 2A. Eastern Hancock, 44.6, 158th overall, 17th in 2A.
LAST OUTING: Heritage Christian lost to Guerin Catholic, 23-5. Eastern Hancock defeated Fountain Central, 48-14.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Heritage Christian 4-5. Eastern Hancock 1-8.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Heritage Christian, 2-0
LAST MEETING: Heritage Christian, 21-0, Oct. 19, 2018, sectional.

Indianapolis Manual (0-3) at Covenant Christian (1-2)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Zionsville West.
COACHES: Robert Orkman, 17-25 in 5th year at Manual, 20-32 in 6th year overall. Tony Bowman, 1-2 in 1st year at Covenant.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Covenant, 19.3, 260th overall, 32nd in 1A. Manual, 2.92, 295th overall, 62nd in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Manual lost to Brown County, 35-6. Covenant lost to Indianapolis Attucks, 19-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Manual 4-2. Covenant 5-3.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Covenant, 1-0
LAST MEETING: Covenant, 19-6, Sep. 7, 2018.

Guerin Catholic (3-0) at Brebeuf Jesuit (2-1)
As a Guerin fan, this and the LCC game are the ones that you look forward to every year. I don't know if Brebeuf views this as a rivalry game on the same order as Chatard, but Guerin does. This is a game you REALLY want to win. Harrell is predicting Brebeuf by 4 points. I think this will be a good close game... picking Guerin by 3 points because I'm a homer. 🙂

Indianapolis Chatard (3-0) at Indianapolis Cathedral (2-1)
The Trojan smackdown of Roncalli last week was super impressive. Just based upon results, Chatard appears to be the top team in 3A or 4A, maybe as good as New Pal in 5A and a team that probably could be competitive in 6A. Does that sound like any other North side Indy Catholic school? Harrell is predicting Cathedral by 1 point. Going with the Trojans in a close one.

Columbus North (1-2) at Indianapolis Roncalli (0-3)
The Rebels having a difficult season. Can they get their first win in week 4? Sadly, I think no. Columbus North also lost to Southport this years, but performed much better against the common opponent. Columbus North by a touchdown (maybe 2).

And among the CCC Football brethren:

Heritage Christian (2-1) at Eastern Hancock (3-0)
The Eagles of Heritage Christian put in an impressive defensive performance against Guerin last week. I think they will win a close one against EH.

Indianapolis Manual (0-3) at Covenant Christian (1-2)
Covenant having a tough year, but should collect another win over an IPS school that struggled mightily against Heritage Christian (L 0-56) and Brown County (L 6-35).

2 hours ago, Foobird said:

Oh... and another thing...

It's hard to believe in 2019 that nobody is broadcasting video of the Cathedral / Chatard game. I'm biased, but seems like this should be the IHSAAtv game of the week.

It is the Game of the Week on WHMB 40 (an Indy religious channel), I believe.  Webcast is live and the TV broadcast is at 10:00 Friday.  Ironically, a couple of weeks ago, Chatard played NorthWood on WHME (a South Bend religious channel) for their South Bend Game of the Week.

I believe Howard Kellman (sp?) of the Indianapolis Indians will be one of the two commentators.

15 hours ago, Lysander said:

It is the Game of the Week on WHMB 40 (an Indy religious channel), I believe.  Webcast is live and the TV broadcast is at 10:00 Friday.  Ironically, a couple of weeks ago, Chatard played NorthWood on WHME (a South Bend religious channel) for their South Bend Game of the Week.

I believe Howard Kellman (sp?) of the Indianapolis Indians will be one of the two commentators.

Sweet! Will definitely be watching the replay of that one.

https://whmbtv40.com/sports/live-sports-video-stream/

Neddenriep of the Indy Star picking the following:

Chatard 35 - Cathedral 34
Brebeuf Jesuit 17 - Guerin 14
Columbus North 21 - Roncalli 10
Heritage Christian 28 - Eastern Hancock 21
Covenant Christian 20 - Manual 12

Personally, I always enjoy when Neddenriep picks against my team. I think # of Star subscribers that support the team is an input to his formula. 😉

Harrell's predictions:

Cathedral, 31-30.
Brebeuf Jesuit, 28-24
Columbus North, 35-21.
Heritage Christian, 35-24.
Covenant, 31-17.

No call on Trojans v. Irish.  Wimping out like I always do.

As to the rest of the games:

Golden Eagles pick the bones of the Braves (I expect the Golden Eagles to play 4 out of 4 quarters...which might be 2 more than the BJs)

Bulldogs maul Rebels (Indy Animal Control has been called in advance)

Royals “crown” Eagles (“crown” as in “club over the head”)

Redskins scalp Warriors (go figure...) - I’m done picking Covenant.

Edited by Lysander