North Judson at Knox ©, 8 pm
Pioneer at Caston ©, 7 pm
Winamac at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm

Bremen

Culver

Knox

Pioneer

LaVille. 

LaVille is gonna be pretty tough for the Warriors. They're bigger! They're stronger! They're faster! They've got more facial hair! 😂. I just hope the Warriors stay healthy, continue to gain experience and I hope they compete. They competed for a bit against Pioneer and I hope if they can get into the red zone against the lancers, they can punch it in for six.  3 of the first four games are always brutal for the Warriors. I hope this will prepare them for North Judson, Culver and Triton  who probably aren't on the level of Knox, Pioneer and LaVille but are gonna be tough to deal with.  No this was not a slant towards West Central or Caston. I think West Central is a team we match up well with and Caston who has lesser numbers will play their hearts out. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

On 9/9/2019 at 4:45 AM, Ultimate Warrior said:

Bremen

Culver

Knox

Pioneer

LaVille. 

LaVille is gonna be pretty tough for the Warriors. They're bigger! They're stronger! They're faster! They've got more facial hair! 😂. I just hope the Warriors stay healthy, continue to gain experience and I hope they compete. They competed for a bit against Pioneer and I hope if they can get into the red zone against the lancers, they can punch it in for six.  3 of the first four games are always brutal for the Warriors. I hope this will prepare them for North Judson, Culver and Triton  who probably aren't on the level of Knox, Pioneer and LaVille but are gonna be tough to deal with.  No this was not a slant towards West Central or Caston. I think West Central is a team we match up well with and Caston who has lesser numbers will play their hearts out. 

Probably another inside out jersey day next week for Winamac after the Laville game...

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2019 at 8:55 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:
Friday, Sep. 13
Bremen at Triton, 7 pm
Culver at West Central, 7 pm
North Judson at Knox ©, 8 pm
Pioneer at Caston ©, 7 pm
Winamac at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm

There doesn't appear to be much excitement about this week's docket of games.  None of the games should be close.  I'm still waiting for Knox to do something that will convince me they have a shot at Pioneer.  A big win this week would help.  Culver should run all over WC.  LaVille will destroy Winamac out of frustration.  And Caston won't get a first down against Pioneer.  Triton MIGHT be able to give Bremen a little challenge, but I'm not holding my breath.

4 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Probably another inside out jersey day next week for Winamac after the Laville game...

Nevermind. I found out what you are talking about. 

I agree with it 100 percent. Winamac is in a point of their program (year 3)  where they should compete atleast some of the game against the likes of Knox, Pioneer and LaVille. They did that for about 18 minutes against Pioneer.  Was only down 2 scores against Knox at half. The kids have got to do a better job at taking advantage of chances they are given and gotta quit making silly penalties. 

1 hour ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Nevermind. I found out what you are talking about. 

I agree with it 100 percent. Winamac is in a point of their program (year 3)  where they should compete atleast some of the game against the likes of Knox, Pioneer and LaVille. They did that for about 18 minutes against Pioneer.  Was only down 2 scores against Knox at half. The kids have got to do a better job at taking advantage of chances they are given and gotta quit making silly penalties. 

And humiliating your kids is the best way to do that?? No wonder numbers are down. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

And humiliating your kids is the best way to do that?? No wonder numbers are down. 

Last year

Seniors-8

Juniors-6

Sophomores-7

Freshman-15

This year

Seniors-7 

Juniors-6 

Sophomores-15

Freshman-4

We are down 4 players from last year and had a senior switch to Culver, a senior stay back in Texas, a junior switch to Cass, a sophomore switch to West Central. We had 1 freshman pass away in the bus accident, 2nd can't play due to injuries sustained from that accident and a 3rd moved to Georgia. 

They actually thought after season ended last year numbers would have been high 30s to low 40s numbers wise coming into year. Those 7 make it 39

Pioneer after all this winning had to combine middle school teams last two years. What's your excuse? Fact is. These seniors and junior classes have been small ever since Jr chiefs. The 8th graders have as many as the seniors do, 7th,6th and 5th have 10+ in each class. Our numbers will go up as will the talent levels. 

1 hour ago, Mayo77 said:

I really hope barr isn't making kids wear jerseys inside out because of a loss.     

It happened to my class when I was in 8th grade. Next game we beat Pioneer. I don't see any problem with it. 

One of the kids i know said it worked...said they had good practices last week. 

I know you want barr to fail but they are better then last year. On the OL/DL, better QB play, better receiver depth and more exp in the secondary. Only thing weaker is run game and linebackers. The morale is better and the kids get along better. 

6 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

It happened to my class when I was in 8th grade. Next game we beat Pioneer. I don't see any problem with it. 

I know you want barr to fail but they are better then last year. On the OL/DL, better QB play, better receiver depth and more exp in the secondary. Only thing weaker is run game and linebackers. The morale is better and the kids get along better. 

I honestly don’t give two craps about how Barr does. Two terrible seasons to start his tenure at Winamac and a third that is following the same path are not acceptable in that community and you know it.

His offense is predictable and the defense is porous to say the least. Only bright spot is Compton and to me Barr is holding him back. The players are undisciplined and at times flat out lazy, and that starts from the top down. 

Hard to go go to battle for a dude you don’t respect. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Note to self: It is perfectly fine to humiliate your players as long as you win the next game. (Not true)

Instead of telling players to wear their jerseys inside out, how about working on an offense and being able to execute in games! On top of that, try to get players committed and willing to work hard every play! I feel that this is a more logical approach to losing a game and preparing for the next!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I honestly don’t give two craps about how Barr does. Two terrible seasons to start his tenure at Winamac and a third that is following the same path are not acceptable in that community and you know it.

His offense is predictable and the defense is porous to say the least. Only bright spot is Compton and to me Barr is holding him back. The players are undisciplined and at times flat out lazy, and that starts from the top down. 

Hard to go go to battle for a dude you don’t respect. 

I know what you are trying to do. You are bored on the digest.. And trying to make it exciting by trying to make me angry but its not working. You are entitled to your opinion. Ill disagree with it but ill let you say your peace. 

Everyone that paid close attention to Winamac football knew these years were coming. The last 3 senior classes didn't win a single game in 8th grade and these seniors this year was the worst 8th grade class I ever saw. They won 5 on the field in 17 (they had to forfeit the judson game which ball apologized to barr when Ball told him a kid that was eligible to play but wasn't..and that kid went out on kick off twice) and last year they won 5.. With multiple starters sitting out multiple games. I thunk they could win 5 regular season games this year and can win sectionals. 

A few of your fans and even a coach texted me and said how much better we look as a team. Barr is rebuilding a program, paying attention to middle school and the chiefs.. Something Roth really didn't do. 

I don't get how you say Barr is holding Russell back. We run a RPO offense and Russell has the free will to hand it off to a back, to throw it or keep it himself. The whole offense is built around Russell. To me that doesnt sound like a guy holding him back. 

Keep trying to make me mad though. Its not working. 

You calling us out on numbers, we have more sophomores and freshman combined then you guys do and for the 2nd year in a row have 1 middle school team. What's your excuse? And yes. We might have a problem with penalties but I don't remember the last time we had a kid get kicked out for throwing 4-5 hay makers on a defenseless player. 

47 minutes ago, SamBacker said:

Note to self: It is perfectly fine to humiliate your players as long as you win the next game. (Not true)

Instead of telling players to wear their jerseys inside out, how about working on an offense and being able to execute in games! On top of that, try to get players committed and willing to work hard every play! I feel that this is a more logical approach to losing a game and preparing for the next!

Coach B....tisk tisk. If the senior captains didn't aren't making a big deal about it on social media and all over the place. Why are you making a big deal out of it on here? Aren't you always on JH saying that we are too soft on kids these days? Sounds a bit hypocritical here. 

10 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I know what you are trying to do. You are bored on the digest.. And trying to make it exciting by trying to make me angry but its not working. You are entitled to your opinion. Ill disagree with it but ill let you say your peace. 

Everyone that paid close attention to Winamac football knew these years were coming. The last 3 senior classes didn't win a single game in 8th grade and these seniors this year was the worst 8th grade class I ever saw. They won 5 on the field in 17 (they had to forfeit the judson game which ball apologized to barr when Ball told him a kid that was eligible to play but wasn't..and that kid went out on kick off twice) and last year they won 5.. With multiple starters sitting out multiple games. I thunk they could win 5 regular season games this year and can win sectionals. 

A few of your fans and even a coach texted me and said how much better we look as a team. Barr is rebuilding a program, paying attention to middle school and the chiefs.. Something Roth really didn't do. 

I don't get how you say Barr is holding Russell back. We run a RPO offense and Russell has the free will to hand it off to a back, to throw it or keep it himself. The whole offense is built around Russell. To me that doesnt sound like a guy holding him back. 

Keep trying to make me mad though. Its not working. 

You calling us out on numbers, we have more sophomores and freshman combined then you guys do and for the 2nd year in a row have 1 middle school team. What's your excuse? And yes. We might have a problem with penalties but I don't remember the last time we had a kid get kicked out for throwing 4-5 hay makers on a defenseless player. 

Winamac has never had a problem with penalties at home!

• Haha 5

Bremen over Triton - will be an ugly game as both teams are horrible!!!   21-13

Culver over West Central - culver is to physical for WC to hang 40-8

Judson over Knox - toss up game 21-20

Pioneer over Cass - need I say more??  Lewellins get to rest 2nd half which is needed after being banged up last week.  Also a condition game as Pioneer was out of shape against Lancers!!   56-0

LaVille over Winamac - may be closer than some may think!!  Can Lancers rebound from emotional loss last week....Winamac hung with Pioneer up til half week 2.   Not sure Lancers have found their identity on offense or anyone that wants to step up.  Might be an interesting game!! 21-8

One of the most entertaining things about message boards is there is never a shortage of experts who seem to have all available knowledge about what's going on in the programs of different schools. They know what's being done, why it's being done, and what the outcome of those actions will be for the team in question. They apparently are able to attend the practices of these teams and observe and understand completely what is being taught, what is being worked on, and why.  They  are extremely familiar with the skills sets of those players. They have a clear understanding of what the short term and long term plan is for those teams. Then they are able to take all of this information, apply their own standards, and determine whether these things are acceptable. I hope some day when I grow up I'm able to accumulate so much knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Pioneer over Cass - need I say more??  Lewellins get to rest 2nd half which is needed after being banged up last week.  Also a condition game as Pioneer was out of shape against Lancers!!   56-0

LaVille over Winamac - may be closer than some may think!!  Can Lancers rebound from emotional loss last week....Winamac hung with Pioneer up til half week 2.   Not sure Lancers have found their identity on offense or anyone that wants to step up.  Might be an interesting game!! 21-8

We have very different views of "hanging with"... 

1 hour ago, Football Guru 25 said:

I would say the Warriors hung around for about 16 minutes. 

LaVille is gonna be tough. They have a lot of good players and are well coached. I could see the Warriors hanging around for same time frame they did against Pioneer but Winamac i don't think is there yet to compete with them for a full game.