Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Games WEEK # 4

Does Riley have a shot against Marian?  I didn’t think they would beat Adams and they did.  Is this the defacto NIC south title game or does Jimtown have a say?

Awfully quiet from the Mishawaka fans on here this year?  What’s the story with the Cavemen this year.  I know lots of kids back on Defense, but they seem to be givIng up some points.  I heard offense has been turning it over a little on the YouTube Keith Kinder show.

7 hours ago, NPFan said:

Does Riley have a shot against Marian?  I didn’t think they would beat Adams and they did.  Is this the defacto NIC south title game or does Jimtown have a say?

Awfully quiet from the Mishawaka fans on here this year?  What’s the story with the Cavemen this year.  I know lots of kids back on Defense, but they seem to be givIng up some points.  I heard offense has been turning it over a little on the YouTube Keith Kinder show.

Marians defense is legit. Look for Marian to Win 30-7, if Riley can score. Adams is just that bad. 

On 9/9/2019 at 9:29 AM, johnny U said:

What a difficult schedule for Saint Joseph especially the next four conference games. New prairie, Elkhart, Mishawaka and Penn.   Saint Joseph could be 0-7 after these games.  

St. Joe and Adams could be 0-8 heading into their week 9 matchup. 

Both programs have fallen off dramatically. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

2 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Marian's defense is legit. Look for Marian to Win 30-7, if Riley can score. Adams is just that bad. 

Clay, Glenn, and St. Joe (with quarterback issues) aren't really much of a test for the Knights defense.  They may very well be legit, but they have yet to face any kind of challenge.

• Like 1

The battle of the recruits. I mean Holy War. ST. Joe with "QB" issues is no excuse to allow 41 points to be scored on you. I believe Glenn is the only team to score on Marian with a Sophmore QB and an offensive line half the size of everyone one else. Riley is going to need to score more then the 28 they put on Bremen to beat Marian. Marians secondary is the real deal and will pluck balls out of the air if RILEYS QB isnt on his game. Rileys run game will struggle to reach the perimeter let alone up the middle against that line. Glenn scored 35 on Bremen on  Friday. Should of been a lot worse but they had a 40 yard score on the very first play called back after they stripped/recovered the opening kickoff. Riley is a good team but anyone can score on Adams. David Perkins' Defensive play calling  has more holes then Mishawaka Avenue. I won't be surprised if Clay has more wins then Adams at the end of the year. All in all Riley should cause Marian a few fits, but that Marian D is big, fast and fundamentally sound. Marian wins big. 

19 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

The battle of the recruits. I mean Holy War. ST. Joe with "QB" issues is no excuse to allow 41 points to be scored on you. I believe Glenn is the only team to score on Marian with a Sophmore QB and an offensive line half the size of everyone one else. Riley is going to need to score more then the 28 they put on Bremen to beat Marian. Marians secondary is the real deal and will pluck balls out of the air if RILEYS QB isnt on his game. Rileys run game will struggle to reach the perimeter let alone up the middle against that line. Glenn scored 35 on Bremen on  Friday. Should of been a lot worse but they had a 40 yard score on the very first play called back after they stripped/recovered the opening kickoff. Riley is a good team but anyone can score on Adams. David Perkins' Defensive play calling  has more holes then Mishawaka Avenue. I won't be surprised if Clay has more wins then Adams at the end of the year. All in all Riley should cause Marian a few fits, but that Marian D is big, fast and fundamentally sound. Marian wins big. 

Is this former Washington player David Perkins calling the defense at Adams?

24 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Glenns 35 were the result of sloppy special teams and offense by Bremen.  This Bremen team may be the most careless offense I have ever seen Bremen field.  The defense isn't bad, just gets put into tough positions by the other 2 facets of the game.

I think it was the 289 yards Bremen D allowed on the ground to their 18 carries for 11 yards rushing on offense. Glenn had 6? Plays to Bremens 30. Glenn is a better team then most would like to admit. But Bremens special team didn't cost them any points the D allowed 35 points. Same argument could be made about Glenn VS Boon Grove, where Glenn was in it and their special teams cost them two returning TDs to a now 3-0 Boone Grove who will soon slide up to top 10 once Laville slides down. It wasn't so much that Bremen played sloppy. Glenn just came out and played. Their only two punts pinned Bremen inside the 10 twice. Glenn just played physical and were penalized for doing so. 

IMG_9075.PNG

16 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen fumbled a kick off and lost an onside kick on special teams. Short fields but defense in tough spots.

Is 289 yards short or long field? Glenn #9 in he first half came down hard on the hitch, tackled and stripped at the same time. Bremen was lucky the ball rolled out of bounds 1 sec too Soon. That wasn't a fumble on the opening kick off it was a forced fumble.  The kicker #16 just straight up ripped it out of the returners hand. Defense had a pick in the 3/4? Don't recall and would of had another one if the saftey hands were just a 1/4 inch longer. He read the play and undercut it beautifully. Glenn only punted because they were penalized on one and the other there was a miscue I believe. But I do believe I saw Glenn go for it on 4th and short within their own 35? And held Bremen to a 3 and out? Either way they did t score on the short field

Edited by TurfToe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

I heard Jimtown has 8 8th graders. They are only fielding one Jr. High team.  42 listed on there roster with 17 seniors. They may be under 35 players next year.  Shameful.

Many programs are struggling. I know for a fact Glenn's 7 and 8 grade teams both have missed games because teams can't fill their teams. Think several factors have hurt athletics...school choice and alternative schools. Jimtown could also be down because  soccer is a choice where in the past it wasnt. 

Edited by TurfToe