Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 6A Who can win it all?

13 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I didn't take it as a negative....just giving props to an incredible strength program at CG.

You are most likely closer to the track programs than myself....I am thinking of the days in which my kids ran (boys ands girls) and that was a few years ago.  Back then, typically always strong programs.  

Just looked up IHSAA season results...BD did win a sectional.  Warren...struggled.  Looking at regional and state results, I definitely get your point.  Not where both schools used to be.....

Probably the top two (non-Gary) boys track and field programs in the state historically.

Marion County as a whole has taken a big step back in the sport as “specialization” seems to be more often spoon fed to adolescents than I can ever remember.

10 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Based on Warren's record the last 5 years I don't see them all of the  sudden jumping up into a favorite to win state.

I too have pause, but they are the early leaders in the transfer portal “winners race.”

4 hours ago, temptation said:

I too have pause, but they are the early leaders in the transfer portal “winners race.”

How long has the transfer portal been a thing in Indy? 

23 minutes ago, BTF said:

How long has the transfer portal been a thing in Indy? 

Probably longer than I realize or want to admit but at this point it’s rampant and no one is even trying to hide it.

Tell me about this stud at Northrop.

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

Probably longer than I realize or want to admit but at this point it’s rampant and no one is even trying to hide it.

Guilford? I don't have much information on him. It's hard to pay much attention to a program like Northrop. 

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/guilford-gearing-up-for-breakout-year-with-northrop/

9 hours ago, BTF said:

Much respect for the Ben Davis program and guys like BDGiant. Little respect for the 250 lb guy who body slams the 150 lb guy, then thumps his chest afterward claiming "I'm the best."

sounds like my life story

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Guilford? I don't have much information on him. It's hard to pay much attention to a program like Northrop. 

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/guilford-gearing-up-for-breakout-year-with-northrop/

Yeah but any WR that has an OSU offer immediately garners my attention…

Odds he doesn’t end up at Northrop by next fall?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Yeah but any WR that has an OSU offer immediately garners my attention…

Odds he doesn’t end up at Northrop by next fall?

I don't see him going anywhere this fall. I suppose there's a better chance the following fall. School most likely to hijack him: North Side. Why move though? Pump up his numbers? He's already getting offers from the best programs in the country. 

Ok, I will bite in this topic for this year. Facts are facts for previous years. Warren Central is now a favorite for 6A  this year? Based on what? Transfers? What happens when they come to Fort Wayne and play Snider early in the year and lose again? Not saying they will, but nobody other than me had Snider winning at Warren Central last year. Turned out to be a laugher. If that happens, does that make Snider a contender in 6A? 

Having said that, we are about 2 months away from another season and I am ready to see it happen!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Are we talking about multiple players who just ended up at Warren?

Someone made the enrollment of the big 3 or 4 as a factor. Yes it helps having a plethora of athletes. I'll always revert back to this as a BD fan: BD has 4500 students and if enrollment is a key to wins, then explain their swimming, golf, tennis, baseball, softball, soccer teams etc. They are average at best and yes "irrelevant" in those sports. Numbers help yes, but having a "program" is the key.  It all begins with the youth leagues and developing a feeder system. That's why the successful 6A teams have been superior.

Even though Warren hasn't won in a few years, they are loaded, especially on D. They have a coach who led BD to an undefeated 2017 season(massacre of Penn in the title game) and mainly top 10 nationally ranked team, some as high as #3 in the country. Don't ever count Mike Kirschner out. 

I truly believe BD and Warren should follow Carmel and CG in their scheduling. Logistics mean zero here too. Ohio is a FB hotbed and right next door. Leave the MIC in football and add 2 of their schools to the schedule. Money isn't an issue either. Moeller last year? No one from OH this year. Pike, Avon and North Central are scrimmages most seasons. Not going to prepare you for a state title. For example, BD alumni alone, not to mention a fairly healthy Wayne Township school corporation can definitely afford to help with any travel costs. In fact, play one out of state game and 1 in state game vs OH. That's an expense they can afford. Simple facts.

3 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

Someone made the enrollment of the big 3 or 4 as a factor. Yes it helps having a plethora of athletes. I'll always revert back to this as a BD fan: BD has 4500 students and if enrollment is a key to wins, then explain their swimming, golf, tennis, baseball, softball, soccer teams etc. They are average at best and yes "irrelevant" in those sports. Numbers help yes, but having a "program" is the key.  It all begins with the youth leagues and developing a feeder system. That's why the successful 6A teams have been superior.

Even though Warren hasn't won in a few years, they are loaded, especially on D. They have a coach who led BD to an undefeated 2017 season(massacre of Penn in the title game) and mainly top 10 nationally ranked team, some as high as #3 in the country. Don't ever count Mike Kirschner out. 

I truly believe BD and Warren should follow Carmel and CG in their scheduling. Logistics mean zero here too. Ohio is a FB hotbed and right next door. Leave the MIC in football and add 2 of their schools to the schedule. Money isn't an issue either. Moeller last year? No one from OH this year. Pike, Avon and North Central are scrimmages most seasons. Not going to prepare you for a state title. For example, BD alumni alone, not to mention a fairly healthy Wayne Township school corporation can definitely afford to help with any travel costs. In fact, play one out of state game and 1 in state game vs OH. That's an expense they can afford. Simple facts.

“BD has 4500 students and if enrollment is a key to wins, then explain their swimming, golf, tennis, baseball, softball, soccer teams etc. They are average at best and yes "irrelevant" in those sports.“

LOL, should I tell him?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

“BD has 4500 students and if enrollment is a key to wins, then explain their swimming, golf, tennis, baseball, softball, soccer teams etc. They are average at best and yes "irrelevant" in those sports.“

LOL, should I tell him?

LOL. Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

No one on this forum has ever mentioned that enrollment "alone" is the key to a championship. Coaching and building a program is a factor. Enrollment is a coaches dream. 

Ben Davis + Above Average Coach = Westfield + Great Coach

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KmartGiant said:

Your ignorance perplexes me. Please explain your professional opinion big guy.

Is the committment to winning and player development in golf, baseball, softball, tennis, or soccer the same as basketball and football (state titles and multiple D1 recruits over the years) at Ben Davis? From a community and coaching aspect? 

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

No one on this forum has ever mentioned that enrollment "alone" is the key to a championship. Coaching and building a program is a factor. Enrollment is a coaches dream. 

If its all about enrollment...then explain why schools such as North Central, Avon and Franklin Central aren't winning more post season tournaments (sectional and above) in football.  All 3 schools are in the top 10 in terms of enrollment...FC has a great football coach that has won multiple state titles at the largest class.  Not buying completely in the social economic theory either, especially with these 3 schools.

Same question for Noblesville, Crown Point, Elkhart, Lake Central, etc.  (11-15th respectively)  

Meanwhile, CG's enrollment shot up from 17th to 16th......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

If its all about enrollment...then explain why schools such as North Central, Avon and Franklin Central aren't winning more post season tournaments (sectional and above) in football.  All 3 schools are in the top 10 in terms of enrollment...FC has a great football coach that has won multiple state titles at the largest class.  Not buying completely in the social economic theory either, especially with these 3 schools.

Same question for Noblesville, Crown Point, Elkhart, Lake Central, etc.  (11-15th respectively)  

Meanwhile, CG's enrollment shot up from 17th to 16th......

They too…have coaches who aren’t trying hard enough.

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

Oh enrollment was mentioned and no that alone is not a key. As I have already stated, if enrollment is a major player in 6A football, then it should be in all sports. BD is marginal in most of their sports and they are a mega school. The fact is the program, commitment to youth leagues is the key. Great coaches and support from the school is vital. The 2 people who referred to my comments as "ignorance"  are people don't know me and show their maturity level. Pretty pathetic. Act like adults people. Don't talk down to someone you don't know. Respect their opinions or don't respond. I know you wouldn't call me ignorant to my face, so don't do it on here. Be an adult.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

They too…have coaches who aren’t trying hard enough.

You are too funny. Maybe we can the DAC Monger back on here, like back in the old days of the forum.