Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU Basketball

Irishman

Closing out the season with 4 wins and they looked good in those games. I am leaning toward the idea that they get in. The B1G has been a solid and deep conference this year. It would still be nice to see IU win a couple of games in the conference tourney though. And it looks like they get a chance to beat MSU a 3rd time this year lol

One our AP's is a HUGE MSU fan. I joked with her today....could it be 3 in a row??? 🤣

She walked right into it the other day. I asked her if she knew where I could find a broom. She asked without even thinking; "does something need to be swept up?" I said yep, Michigan State's basketball team by the Hoosiers. 🤣 She flipped me off.

That was bad. I will say if Wesson is allowed to play football on the court, OSU could make a run. But that was the IU team that lost 11 of 12 games to start the new calendar year. I think they are out of the tourney now. St. Mary's knocking off Gonzaga hurts a lot of teams, and may even impact Ohio State. I have not paid much attention to see if there were many other conference upsets. Maryland losing last night does not change much; yet. It will depend on what Nebraska can do now.

• Like 1

looks like the tournament committee penalized IU for that horrible run mid B10 season

Listening to the guy at the end talk about the LOSSES as well as the quad 1 wins is all you need to hear.   

stated something along the lines of:  Teams that were left out had ample opportunities to build their resumes in conference.    

The NIT makes me nervous....a bad showing by IU could set the program back for YEARS. The last part of the first half looked to be heading down that path. Looks like a good ass chewing from Miller woke them up at the half. Langford sitting out????Is this equivalent to star players in football sitting out their bowl games to stay healthy for the combine? I still say if the NBA is on his mind for next season, it will be a HUGE mistake.

Well that was a fitting end to this mess of a season. And now Archie is on the clock. Step up and exert your influence on this team. If any Crean carryovers are a problem; move on. Also, Bye bye Romeo....thanks for nothing, and have fun in the D League.

Something is amiss in Bloomington; you can only fire and hire so many coaches before you have to say something else needs to change.....that said, is it that IU's coach's are just too honest? They refuse to "buy in" and pay for top players like the programs that are consistently at the top are paying? 

Was at the game last night and was disappointed by two things that were glaring. One this team could not play defense for 35 seconds if their lives depended on it. Two they were very tentative on offense, too much standing around along with no one that can shoot consistently. The last 3:00 of the game no one had a sense of urgency. Almost like they were ready for the season to be over. 

Looking ahead, if this is what we get from one and dones I say we pass on them in the future. 

I still believe when Coach gets a full roster of "his" players we will see a different effort from the team. Lock down defense with a couple of lights out shooters. 

Hope springs eternal. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Interesting to see that it has been almost 11 months and there has been no talk at all about this program. Bob Knight makes his return to Assembly Hall. I admit to being emotional about it. While it was long overdue, I am glad that it did actually happen. It is a shame that IU’s team could not rise up to the occasion. This team is just not good. I have to think Archie’s days are numbered in Bloomington. But who is out there to take his place? Can this program get to the level of being in Top 5 or even 10 in the country consistently? It is frustrating watching them play now though. 

Purdue just played so calm, so confident and got after it.   Staple of Painter's Teams.   Takes some time to get the process right, this year a little longer, last year Boilers were 6-5 before they went on their run.   The inability to have anyone on IU team that you have to worry about stroking the 3 ball is their biggest hurdle to get over, that and the fact for whatever reason, they refuse to run offense centered around getting the ball to their most talented player on the low block.  It has been 1450 days since IU basketball beat Purdue.  

Time to take the 5 stars off the shorts.   That would be a start to change the IU Culture.  Purdue Practice shorts simply 2 words:  PLAY HARD  ......

15 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Soooooo, Hoosier fans; a high quality coach is now out of a job in Cleveland. He did a great job at Michigan; good recruiter and good coach. Do you take a shot at getting him? 

Probably not. He's 67. No idea how long he'd stay. And apparently he's taking a job inside the front office with Cleveland.

• Like 1

Great start with the inside game, then the typical IU team shows up; launching atrocious looking shots from all over. One possession stands out at this point. IU got 3 offensive rebounds in one trip and came away with no points. The defense seems to react negatively to the missed shots on offense. A 10-2 run to finish the half for Purdue may be the difference in this one. I don't even care if this team makes the playoffs when they put in this kind of effort. They will be out the first round IF they get in. Solid wins backed up by too many games like this one still have me questioning if they get in or not. 

Purdue students/fans/alumni's obsession with defeating Indiana University and their seeming hatred toward the Hoosiers is borderline psychotic:  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2020/02/27/iu-sucks-iu-sucks-chant-returns-during-purdue-win-over-iu-returns-during-purdue-win-over-iu/4899293002/

Speaks large of a deep inferiority complex.

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

Great start with the inside game, then the typical IU team shows up; launching atrocious looking shots from all over. One possession stands out at this point. IU got 3 offensive rebounds in one trip and came away with no points. The defense seems to react negatively to the missed shots on offense. A 10-2 run to finish the half for Purdue may be the difference in this one. I don't even care if this team makes the playoffs when they put in this kind of effort. They will be out the first round IF they get in. Solid wins backed up by too many games like this one still have me questioning if they get in or not. 

They couldn't even keep possession of the ball for the last shot in the first half.  Gave up a turnover and a run out to be down 9 at the half.  That had to be the worst shooting I have ever seen from an IU team!  They jacked up shots that wasn't even close to the rim.  I couldn't believe some of the junk they threw up in that first half.  It would have been one thing if Purdue was playing great defense, but IU was junking wide open looks.  20 points in the first half and 27 in the second half isn't going to win you ball games.  Is it time for a coaching change (again)?  I wasn't fond of the Miller hire anyway.