Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 4

Attica at Parke Heritage

I think we'll find out more about Attica than Parke Heritage in this game. I think the difference will be the strength of the pack for the Wolfs. Attica's Rambler pack just isn't as big or deep.

Linton at North Vermillion

I think we'll find out more about North Vermillion than Linton in this game.

Seeger at Riverton Parke

I think we'll find out more about Riverton Parke than Seeger in this game.

Fountain Central at Covington

What is the opposite of undefeated? Defeated? Anyway the two teams combined are 0-6. The teams that beat Covington have a combined record of 8-1. Seems like the Men of Troy are due. Good tradition will have the Mustangs back sooner than later.

Marshall at South Vermillion

A lot of people were surprised at how much of a game the Panthers gave the Wildcats. Hoping the rumor about SV's best player tearing his ACL is just a rumor. That young man is a great football player.

PH vs NC 

The wolves only ran 35 total plays and scored 50. Would like to see us run the ball a little moore, pun intended! White has over 1000 yards already after 3 games and our receivers seem to score at will. The fastest paced offense I’ve ever seen but also had 3 flags for guys not being set.  Looked better defensively with guys making big plays all over. North Central is bad. Real bad so that is what it is. Wolves first game without recovering an onside.

My son said Moore is fired up after losing to them in the sectional and is tired of being a “finesse team.” Can he get a ground attack going? 

This week: 

PH 56-7......Moore takes out his frustration from last year and establishes a run game. Can #4 be stopped for ramblers?

Linton 28-20......Miners griddy D Stops the falcons passing game. 

seeger 22-12........be a boring game lol 

Covington 40-7.....brown takes our frustration on the weak mustangs

Sv? Know nothing about Marshall, heard their best player was hurt on cheap shot? 

16 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Attica at Parke Heritage

I think we'll find out more about Attica than Parke Heritage in this game. I think the difference will be the strength of the pack for the Wolfs. Attica's Rambler pack just isn't as big or deep.

Linton at North Vermillion

I think we'll find out more about North Vermillion than Linton in this game.

Seeger at Riverton Parke

I think we'll find out more about Riverton Parke than Seeger in this game.

Fountain Central at Covington

What is the opposite of undefeated? Defeated? Anyway the two teams combined are 0-6. The teams that beat Covington have a combined record of 8-1. Seems like the Men of Troy are due. Good tradition will have the Mustangs back sooner than later.

Marshall at South Vermillion

A lot of people were surprised at how much of a game the Panthers gave the Wildcats. Hoping the rumor about SV's best player tearing his ACL is just a rumor. That young man is a great football player.

Parke Heritage 63, Attica 13- Wolfs stomp a mudhole in the River Ewes

North Vermillion 28, Linton 27- Do you think a Miner can shoot down a Falcon with a piece of coal and a sling shot?

Seeger 34, Riverton Parke 14- Do you think a Patriot can choke out a Panther?

Covington 20, Fountain Central 16- The Men of Troy corral the Ponies in a thriller

South Vermillion 31, Marshall 14- No idea what to say about Marshall, but I do know you corner a Wildcat, it will try to claw your eyes out. Especially a Calico, they are the spawn of Satan!!

12 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

PH vs NC 

The wolves only ran 35 total plays and scored 50. Would like to see us run the ball a little moore, pun intended! White has over 1000 yards already after 3 games and our receivers seem to score at will. The fastest paced offense I’ve ever seen but also had 3 flags for guys not being set.  Looked better defensively with guys making big plays all over. North Central is bad. Real bad so that is what it is. Wolves first game without recovering an onside.

My son said Moore is fired up after losing to them in the sectional and is tired of being a “finesse team.” Can he get a ground attack going? 

This week: 

PH 56-7......Moore takes out his frustration from last year and establishes a run game. Can #4 be stopped for ramblers?

Linton 28-20......Miners griddy D Stops the falcons passing game. 

seeger 22-12........be a boring game lol 

Covington 40-7.....brown takes our frustration on the weak mustangs

Sv? Know nothing about Marshall, heard their best player was hurt on cheap shot? 

The only thing the Wolfs were missing last year when I saw them play was a consistent running game and ability to stop the run on defense. If they can fix those issues, they will roll everyone they play and go 15-0. I have to think that the Wolfs offense is the best in the history of the WRC. I don't see them being tested until maybe semistate. For sure the favorite to win the WRC and sectional/regional. The collection of athletes and coaching they have is unbeatable. Brian Moore with beat you with his kids, then turn around and take your kids and beat you with them too.

I also heard that it was a cheapshot that blew SV's best player's knee out. Cutting people on a kick-off??? It's been the talk of the WRC fans/players/coaches/athletic directors the last few days. The film is being passed around from player to player, school to school. 

I don't know how many people know this, but Herb King is not just a great football coach. He is a talented singer as well. He has Seeger knocking on the door again. Don't be surprised when they win some games as underdogs this year.  

25 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

The only thing the Wolfs were missing last year when I saw them play was a consistent running game and ability to stop the run on defense. If they can fix those issues, they will roll everyone they play and go 15-0. I have to think that the Wolfs offense is the best in the history of the WRC. I don't see them being tested until maybe semistate. I also heard that it was a cheapshot that blew SV's best player's knee out. Cutting people on a kick-off??? It's been the talk of the WRC fans/players/coaches/athletic directors the last few days. The film is being passed around from player to player, school to school. 

LOL the wolves aren’t even sectional favorites. They have played teams with a record of 1-8 I believe. Lutheran in regional right? 

Panthers did same to Austin Petrillo last year on a kickoff 25 yards away from play. He never went back in the rest of night. Typical Riverton Parke tactics. Have always been , and always will be the little brother in Parke County. Hope the falcons and wolves put up 120 if that’s how they play. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I don't know how many people know this, but Herb King is not just a great football coach. He is a talented singer as well. He has Seeger knocking on the door again. Don't be surprised when they win some games as underdogs this year.  

Wasn't the name of Herb's band Herbie and the Jets?

25 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Typical Riverton Parke tactics. Have always been , and always will be the little brother in Parke County. Hope the falcons and wolves put up 120 if that’s how they play. 

Believe it or not, when I was in school, Riverton Parke won a yearly sportsmanship award from the IHSAA and Colts a couple times. They would be getting beat 62-0 and still be helping up Seeger players after plays and congratulating them on good plays. Evidently Phil Halsema and Hank Lopez had a better handle on the team than the last few coaches have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Believe it or not, when I was in school, Riverton Parke won a yearly sportsmanship award from the IHSAA and Colts a couple times. They would be getting beat 62-0 and still be helping up Seeger players after plays and congratulating them on good plays. Evidently Phil Halsema and Hank Lopez had a better handle on the team than the last few coaches have.

I believe Herb Kings favorite song is  Zombies originally done by the Cranberries and covered  by the group  Bad Wolves!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Herbie and the Love Bugs?  

I don't remember seeing any dirty play from Riverton Parke with the couple of guys who followed Lopez either. It seems to be a recent trend, like the last couple of years.

2 hours ago, Half time said:

Not much of contest here PH a lot. Attica a little. 

Linton 28 NV 13

Seeger 28 RP 20

No way can i pick the Trojans to beat the mustangs. No "O'fer" here FC 21 CV 14 hopefully lol.

SV 40 marshall 1

If FC stays within 2 TD’s of the Trojans I think they should count it as a .5 win and therefore not live with the stigma of the 0’fer!  Unfortunately, Covington has played a REALLY good schedule so far and now is when they will start making their hay!

• Disdain 1

I'm thinking about going to the Attica - Parke Heritage game this week. It's incredibly intriguing. Are the Ramblers for real, or just a sheep in Wolfs clothing?

Will the Parke Heritage Wolfs have yet ANOTHER running clock in the second half? With possibly the best offense in the storied history of the WRC, it's a possibility. The Wolfs could be at the 36 Saloon celebrating by 9:00 Friday night.

If you had to choose between tongue kissing a rattle snake or going toe to toe with Brian Moore, what would you choose? Me personally? Why stare certain death in the face? No, I'm frenching that rattle snake every single time baby. Don't tug on Superman's cape, and don't tangle with Brian Moore. 

41 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

Ahh the one time of the year I get to mingle with the WRC folks!!!

Good to see Brian Moore on the news last night the Parke Heritage story.....   

Welcome to God's country. The Wabash River Conference, home to 3 state championships and 7 runner-ups. 

Brian Moore has the Wolfs howling right now. I need to release my updated WRC power rankings.

Edited by Tanka Jahari

Week 4 WRC Power Rankings:

1. Parke Heritage Wolfs 3-0     (0 state championships, 1 state runner-up Rockville 2007)

162 (!) points in three games? Juggernaut doesn't even begin to describe the Wolfs offensive fire power. There is a reason they are the whopping favorite to win the WRC and state championship.

2. North Vermillion Falcons 3-0     (1 state championship, 1 runner-up)

Are the Falcons the closest team in the WRC to being able to hold the Wolfs under 50 points in a game? 

3. Attica Red Ramblers 3-0     (0 state championships, 1 runner-up)

If the Red Ramblers had a little more depth they would be closer to slowing down the juggernaut Wolfs offense.

4. South Vermillion Wildcats 2-1     (0 state championships, 0 runner-up, 1 Band state championship)

The future is bright in Clinton, just ask them. Or don't, because they'll tell you all about it anyway! Best band in the WRC! Greg Barrett would've won Dancing with the Stars if he had auditioned. 

5. Seeger Patriots 1-2     (1 state championship, 1 runner-up)

The athletes are back in the lower levels. It's just a matter of time before Herb has the Patriots back near the top. Herb would've won American Idol if he had auditioned.

6. Covington Trojans 0-3     (0 state championships, 0 runner-up)

Look for the Men of Troy to start putting some dubs on the board. 

7. Fountain Central Mustangs 0-3     (1 state championship, 3 runner-up)

The most storied football program in the WRC is in for a long season. It's class A football, it happens to everyone at some point. The house that Dale Hummer built won't stay down for long. 

8. Riverton Parke Panthers 1-2     (0 state championship, 0 runner-up)

Even though the Panthers have won more games than the Trojans and Mustangs combined, they finish at the bottom of the rankings. Teams who cut block on kick-offs (repeatedly, it's not an accident) deserve to dwell in the cellar. Dirty, classless, ILLEGAL football.

Edited by Tanka Jahari

4 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Week 4 WRC Power Rankings:

1. Parke Heritage Wolfs 3-0     (0 state championships, 1 state runner-up Rockville 2007)

162 (!) points in three games? Juggernaut doesn't even begin to describe the Wolfs offensive fire power. There is a reason they are the whopping favorite to win the WRC and state championship. 

I gotta interject...  While I know Parke Heritage is a very good football team.  They have beaten a collective 1-8 opponent.  Certainly that offense is clicking at 54.00 a game... which is #1 in class A and 3rd in the state overall....not to mention the 13th ranked 1A  scoring D at 12.33...   They have yet to face an opponent that might test them on either side of the ball.  Will that be Attica?  They put up 50 in each game over 1-2 RIverton Parke and 2-1 Clinton Prairie...  They have the 6th highest scoring average in 1A (45.33) and the 15th in D at 13.33.   Sagarin sure favors PH by 19+.. Coach Moore's team has the #2 1A Sagarin ranking at 63.35,  Attica at #6 54.08.   Their Schedule Strengths are about the same... PH 24.99 Att 26.05 both in the 240's of the state.  This is a big game for both teams to prove they are are real. As Brian said on WTHI last night...here's where we see where we are at.    The one comparison would be the Seeger game...   Parke Heritage won big 52-7 in week 1...  Coach Good's Ramblers won 36-20 last week.  

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Welcome to God's country. The Wabash River Conference, home to 3 state championships and 7 runner-ups. 

Brian Moore has the Wolfs howling right now. I need to release my updated WRC power rankings.

I can't wait to see that full Harvest Moon in the sky on my trip back from Cayuga!   I may have to slide in some Neil Young with the windows down... Course my version of God's Country is in Greene County!!! 

18 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

I gotta interject...  While I know Parke Heritage is a very good football team.  They have beaten a collective 1-8 opponent.  Certainly that offense is clicking at 54.00 a game... which is #1 in class A and 3rd in the state overall....not to mention the 13th ranked 1A  scoring D at 12.33...   They have yet to face an opponent that might test them on either side of the ball.  Will that be Attica?  They put up 50 in each game over 1-2 RIverton Parke and 2-1 Clinton Prairie...  They have the 6th highest scoring average in 1A (45.33) and the 15th in D at 13.33.   Sagarin sure favors PH by 19+.. Coach Moore's team has the #2 1A Sagarin ranking at 63.35,  Attica at #6 54.08.   Their Schedule Strengths are about the same... PH 24.99 Att 26.05 both in the 240's of the state.  This is a big game for both teams to prove they are are real. As Brian said on WTHI last night...here's where we see where we are at.    The one comparison would be the Seeger game...   Parke Heritage won big 52-7 in week 1...  Coach Good's Ramblers won 36-20 last week.  

I can't wait to see that full Harvest Moon in the sky on my trip back from Cayuga!   I may have to slide in some Neil Young with the windows down... Course my version of God's Country is in Greene County!!! 

I just took a look at the Sagarin ratings. I'll be interested to see how much they change over the next 2-3 weeks. Looking at a hypothetical Linton vs Parke Heritage game, the Wolfs are the slightest of favorites on a Neutral field. With the Wolfs juggernaut offense putting up 55 points a game, I don't see their Sagarin rating falling at any point between now and Thanksgiving weekend.

I heard Linton tried to get PH on the schedule?  What happened there?  That would’ve been an epic matchup this season!

I also heard that the Wolfs and NV were at some summer scrimmages together yet didn’t play each other?  

Edited by wrcsage

16 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

I heard Linton tried to get PH on the schedule?  What happened there?  That would’ve been an epic matchup this season!

I also heard that the Wolfs and NV were at some summer scrimmages together yet didn’t play each other?  

They were at the same scrimmages last year also and PH would not scrimmage NV.

As far as PH having the best offense the wrc has ever seen.

In 2014 NV put up:

69, 56, 59, 77, 63, 48, 41, 21, 49, 61, 48, 48, 31, 37, 27. That's 49 ppg for the whole season not just the first 3 or 4 games.

4 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I'm thinking about going to the Attica - Parke Heritage game this week. It's incredibly intriguing. Are the Ramblers for real, or just a sheep in Wolfs clothing?

Will the Parke Heritage Wolfs have yet ANOTHER running clock in the second half? With possibly the best offense in the storied history of the WRC, it's a possibility. The Wolfs could be at the 36 Saloon celebrating by 9:00 Friday night.

If you had to choose between tongue kissing a rattle snake or going toe to toe with Brian Moore, what would you choose? Me personally? Why stare certain death in the face? No, I'm frenching that rattle snake every single time baby. Don't tug on Superman's cape, and don't tangle with Brian Moore. 

On 9/10/2019 at 9:52 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

The only thing the Wolfs were missing last year when I saw them play was a consistent running game and ability to stop the run on defense. If they can fix those issues, they will roll everyone they play and go 15-0. I have to think that the Wolfs offense is the best in the history of the WRC. I don't see them being tested until maybe semistate. For sure the favorite to win the WRC and sectional/regional. The collection of athletes and coaching they have is unbeatable. Brian Moore with beat you with his kids, then turn around and take your kids and beat you with them too.

I also heard that it was a cheapshot that blew SV's best player's knee out. Cutting people on a kick-off??? It's been the talk of the WRC fans/players/coaches/athletic directors the last few days. The film is being passed around from player to player, school to school. 

Best in WRC history? That’s a little far fetched don’t ya think? Would love to hear everyone’s opinion on best offense in WRC history. 

2 hours ago, hick said:

You heard correct.  The Coyotes politely declined. 

That’s too bad, that would’ve been a heckuva matchup this year!  I see the Wolfs are playing Eastern Greene.  That would’ve been ok a few years ago, but not so much this year.  Kudos to NV for stepping out of their comfort zone and playing someone they may not be better than.  I still think the Wolfs are the better team, but NV will be battle tested by the time they play.  

Once again. Some of these new posters tend to praise the wolves in only a fashion that would make one think they are giving woody Hayes and other coaches bulletin board approval. Miner pride, don’t take it literal. 

The best offense in WRC history? Where the he\\ do you guys come up with this  

We have played teams teams with a combined record of 1-8. We score at will against weak opponents. If we beat Attica by 40+ I’ll be impressed. 

My son is a player and I don’t even say some of this stuff, hints why I would say you are doing it in a detrimental way to the wolves. 

I was told that we thought we could play Linton In the state tourney if they stayed 1A and didn’t want to play them twice a year(if we can beat falcons in tourney, idk if we can!). Seems silly to me but I don’t think it was Moore’s decision. 

I think the days of scoring 65+ are over with this running clock BS. I hate it, if both teams agree then that’s one thing. The wolves have been running clock before the second half twice. The varsity kids should get their chance to play atleast 2.5 quarters??? What’s everyone else’s opinion? 

Wolves are getting better but let’s not make bulletin board material for other kids, unless that’s your intentions of course.