Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 4 in the MIC/HCC

7-1 last week and 24-8 overall (one game ahead of Neddenriep).

Some real tough ones this week I could see going either way!

MIC:

Ben Davis @ Center Grove - Center Grove gets the 2019 label of "best 0-3 team in the state" and meets a BD team that needed one stop to hold off an improving Pike squad last week, and got it.  Still no word on Steele though I can tell you based on what I saw, he is not on crutches, so I think he'll be back at some point this season.  I like CG either way.  Gimme Trojans 30-17.

Carmel @ Pike - Pike CAN keep this one close as they showed tremendous resolve and pushed BD to the limit last week.  Carmel is coming off of an emotional rivalry win and has to hit the road.  I think the Hounds prevail but its closer than many think.  Carmel 24-13.

Lawrence North @ North Central (Indy) - I can't figure either of these teams out but both are coming off of disappointing losses.  I think the winner here may honestly be the best of the second tier, depending on how LC progresses.  I'll give a slight edge to North Central (Indy) at home.  20-17.

Warren Central @ Lawrence Central  - The Warriors hit the road for the first time this season and LC is coming off of a big rivalry win last season.  Strength vs strength as the LC offense can score and the Warren D is stout.  Taking Xs and Os out of the equation completely here, I smell an upset.  Give me Lawrence Central 31-27.

HCC:

Brownsburg @ Avon - The game of the week and my top two teams in 6a at this point.  Avon has run roughshod through three opponents and last week may have been their most complete game of the season at HSE.  They will be jacked up in Hendricks County for this time as Avon is hitting its home turf for the first time.  Brownsburg has weapons upon weapons and is seeking revenge after last season's sectional disappointment.  Winner here is the favorite in the conference.  Taking the easy way out.  I think Brownsburg is the better team but the home crowd propels Avon 34-31.

Hamilton Southeastern @ Fishers - The annual "Mudsock game" should be a classic.  Fishers has been a nice surprise and could challenge for the conference title should the Brownsburg/Avon winner slip up elsewhere.  I expect this one to be a low scoring street fight.  Fishers 20-14.

Noblesville @ Westfield - The 'Rocks are climbing the polls and continue to impress.  Noblesville still looking for its breakthrough.  Gimme Westfield big.  37-14.

Zionsville @ Franklin Central - This one looks to be a good one which I am not sure many would have said 4 weeks ago.  Zionsville is still licking its wounds from last weekend as is Franklin Central.  The Flashes are improving at this one would be a statement win but I am going to go with Zionsville 24-20.

8 minutes ago, cg_holmeaid said:

Brownsburg and Avon should be a heck of a game

As rankings go, it's the biggest game ever.  But, it's still just a backyard rivalry/brawl.  I think it's a tossup and I cannot pick a winner.  I will say I think whomever loses, will get revenge in the sectional.

On 9/9/2019 at 3:33 PM, Temptation said:

7-1 last week and 24-8 overall (one game ahead of Neddenriep).

Some real tough ones this week I could see going either way!

MIC:

Ben Davis @ Center Grove - Center Grove gets the 2019 label of "best 0-3 team in the state" and meets a BD team that needed one stop to hold off an improving Pike squad last week, and got it.  Still no word on Steele though I can tell you based on what I saw, he is not on crutches, so I think he'll be back at some point this season.  I like CG either way.  Gimme Trojans 30-17.

Carmel @ Pike - Pike CAN keep this one close as they showed tremendous resolve and pushed BD to the limit last week.  Carmel is coming off of an emotional rivalry win and has to hit the road.  I think the Hounds prevail but its closer than many think.  Carmel 24-13.

Lawrence North @ North Central (Indy) - I can't figure either of these teams out but both are coming off of disappointing losses.  I think the winner here may honestly be the best of the second tier, depending on how LC progresses.  I'll give a slight edge to North Central (Indy) at home.  20-17.

Warren Central @ Lawrence Central  - The Warriors hit the road for the first time this season and LC is coming off of a big rivalry win last season.  Strength vs strength as the LC offense can score and the Warren D is stout.  Taking Xs and Os out of the equation completely here, I smell an upset.  Give me Lawrence Central 31-27.

HCC:

Brownsburg @ Avon - The game of the week and my top two teams in 6a at this point.  Avon has run roughshod through three opponents and last week may have been their most complete game of the season at HSE.  They will be jacked up in Hendricks County for this time as Avon is hitting its home turf for the first time.  Brownsburg has weapons upon weapons and is seeking revenge after last season's sectional disappointment.  Winner here is the favorite in the conference.  Taking the easy way out.  I think Brownsburg is the better team but the home crowd propels Avon 34-31.

Hamilton Southeastern @ Fishers - The annual "Mudsock game" should be a classic.  Fishers has been a nice surprise and could challenge for the conference title should the Brownsburg/Avon winner slip up elsewhere.  I expect this one to be a low scoring street fight.  Fishers 20-14.

Noblesville @ Westfield - The 'Rocks are climbing the polls and continue to impress.  Noblesville still looking for its breakthrough.  Gimme Westfield big.  37-14.

Zionsville @ Franklin Central - This one looks to be a good one which I am not sure many would have said 4 weeks ago.  Zionsville is still licking its wounds from last weekend as is Franklin Central.  The Flashes are improving at this one would be a statement win but I am going to go with Zionsville 24-20.

I think BD upsets Center Grove, Carmel handles Pike, LN just gets last North Central, Warren beats LC. 

I think Avon beats Brownsburg, Fishers beats HSE, Westfield beats Noblesville, and Zionsville beats FC. 

21 hours ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

I might be with you here. Both of these teams need this W big time to get the season on track. Hard to imagine a CG-BD matchup where the teams are a combined 1-5 but here we are. 

I'd say Center Grove is the most deceptive 0-3 team I've seen in a while. They're playing good defense, and I think we all know why the offense is struggling a bit.

4 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I'd say Center Grove is the most deceptive 0-3 team I've seen in a while. They're playing good defense, and I think we all know why the offense is struggling a bit.

Also beginning the season against Warren, New Pal, and Carmel doesn't exactly help you ease into your season as well. 

1 hour ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

I'm not saying you'll be wrong but why LC over Warren? I'm genuinely curious from a football standpoint. 

I wish I had something to give you other than just a "gut feeling."  Around 10pm on Friday night, I'll either be seen as a genius or a goon.

Maybe I'm just waiting for LC to turn the corner and think that last week's win plus Warren's first road game is a perfect storm?  I honestly don't know.

57 minutes ago, Temptation said:

No need to rush him.  Conference title is a lost cause at this point and rivalry game is out of the way.

How important is The MIC title to most of these schools?

Does not seem to be a topic that is discussed all that often.

It would be nice to see the conference champ rewarded for their regular season excellence in some way.  Perhaps a guaranteed first round home game would be a nice reward 

31 minutes ago, DT said:

It would be nice to see the conference champ rewarded for their regular season excellence in some way.  Perhaps a guaranteed first round home game would be a nice reward 

Cant speak for teams in the present but when I played for Warren Coach Wright stressed that winning the MIC was our #1 goal. Some years you could say The MIC is the best Conference in the Midwest. So to me I would be proud to say I my team and I are the winners of the touest conference in Indiana year in and year out. 

( Side note the HCC is having a great year this year and cant wait to see how they do come playoff time.)

46 minutes ago, DT said:

Depends on who you ask I guess.

Maybe I need to dig and find that post I made over the summer where sometimes the grind of the MIC “costs” teams in the postseason when they lose yet the MIC “prepared them for the tournament” when they win.

18 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Maybe I need to dig and find that post I made over the summer where sometimes the grind of the MIC “costs” teams in the postseason when they lose yet the MIC “prepared them for the tournament” when they win.

For some team in the MIC this is a true statement. CG vs. Warren 2010 is a great example of 2 teams beating th holy dog snott out of eachother week 9 then both losing in the 1st round of sectionals. 

Then you could take center Grove 2015. They had 5 game they won by 7 or less points including a 1 point OT win over Avon to claim and undefeated state championship season. 

The MIC can be both a blessing and a curse some years for teams in the conference. 

20 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

For some team in the MIC this is a true statement. CG vs. Warren 2010 is a great example of 2 teams beating th holy dog snott out of eachother week 9 then both losing in the 1st round of sectionals. 

Then you could take center Grove 2015. They had 5 game they won by 7 or less points including a 1 point OT win over Avon to claim and undefeated state championship season. 

The MIC can be both a blessing and a curse some years for teams in the conference. 

Yawn.

12 hours ago, Temptation said:

Since 2007, the MIC has won 9 state titles and only 3 I believe won the MIC outright and they were all undefeated teams. 

12 hours ago, Warren05 said:

2010 was the year where Carmel, Warren, CG, and BD all lost in the sectional, the latter 3 in week 1. 

12 hours ago, Temptation said:

It can also be both. The MIC no doubt helps you prepare because A) you'll most likely face everyone again and B) you likely won't face anyone in the tournament tougher than what you see every week in the MIC. Quite a few teams recently have gotten through the MIC unscathed once, only to lose or almost lose in a rematch in the tournament. 

Warren last year with North Central and Center Grove. Ben Davis with Warren in 2017. In 2016, Warren didn't lose to anyone in Indiana in the regular season and got drilled by Center Grove in the rematch, only for Center Grove to lose to a 4 loss Carmel team in the title game. In 2014, Carmel was unbeaten before losing to Ben Davis at state. In 2013, Warren lost 3 games and avenged all 3 losses in the tournament. I could go back further but you get the picture.

6 minutes ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

It can also be both. The MIC no doubt helps you prepare because A) you'll most likely face everyone again and B) you likely won't face anyone in the tournament tougher than what you see every week in the MIC. Quite a few teams recently have gotten through the MIC unscathed once, only to lose or almost lose in a rematch in the tournament. 

Warren last year with North Central and Center Grove. Ben Davis with Warren in 2017. In 2016, Warren didn't lose to anyone in Indiana in the regular season and got drilled by Center Grove in the rematch, only for Center Grove to lose to a 4 loss Carmel team in the title game. In 2014, Carmel was unbeaten before losing to Ben Davis at state. In 2013, Warren lost 3 games and avenged all 3 losses in the tournament. I could go back further but you get the picture.

Whatever fits the narrative that particular year...